Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

I heard this also

Guys BE CAREFUL. That rumour goes around every year - it's lies. Only one person knows what's on the paper and that person isn't teaching. Please DO NOT depend on these rumours. General vocabulary - anything is possible. Bonne chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emma123abc

PaddyP056 wrote:
    BIG BIG TIP FOR FRENCH
    Apparantely theres a question in the written on cyber bullying (as in internet bullying). One of the exam writers let it slip in the institute and Im not bull****n except I cant find any notes on it bleh

I heard this also

There absolutely could be a question on that, the person that makes the paper gets a heap of questions submitted (like maybe 25 per question on the paper!) so its complete guesswork if your teacher said they submitted a question! There's a TINY chance it'll appear on the paper!

But in terms of cyberbulliny and bullying in general, its highly tipped anyways! my teacher predicted it too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

x.Ais.x wrote: »
    YES.
    It was mank, there was at least one mistake on it - the parametric equation they asked for in terms of x should have been asked for in terms of t. And that area of a disc thing hasn't been asked since about 1999 - and even then they gave another clue!
    It's all to make project maths look better >:(

I don't see why everyone's going mental about those 2 Qs.
    the parametric could be found in x if you just thought outside the box and realised the answer in t could be simlified to 2x.
    And for the area of the disc by integration you just had to approach it like a normal integration sum.when you get y=√(r²-x²) there is a method for solving this kind of sum (page 78 texts and tests 5 if you don't believe me). You always let x=(√r²)sinx.You shouldn't need a hint. And then once you get that far the rest should have been fin.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 babiiboo

anyone have any hints for spanish, physics or technology?? DESPERATE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MellissaO

Oenone wrote: »
    Hmm this forum really helps - with procrastination :eek:

As for predictions for Irish Paper 2 - apparently An Bhean Og, and Lig Sinn i gCathu are likely. The poetry is always hard enough to predict, from what I can gather - Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa has come up almost every year; personally I'm hoping for Gealt (who isn't :p?) and Oiche Nollaig na mBan (I love that one :pac:) and possible Maigdileana?

BUT you can never tell...

Edit: Just noticed that you said ordinary Irish *facepalm*

Thanks for your help, But whats wrong with saying 'Ordinary Irish'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

MellissaO wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, But whats wrong with saying 'Ordinary Irish'?

the prediction they gave was for higher not ordinary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Anything on Business HL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Any tips for Chemistry HL? I know the winkler method is anticipated to come up but other than that I'm stumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 curious123x

history predictions any1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john1741

Nah, didnt the paper and you can get your answer in terms of x ! Wasn't an error. Still a really tough exam though, has to be said

I was a complete tool and didnt notice in terms of x, but I had it 2(t-1/t+1) or whatever x was, probably lose 3 marks for that and all I had to do was write 2x under it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Any tips for Chemistry HL? I know the winkler method is anticipated to come up but other than that I'm stumped.

1) Determination of Sodium Hydrochloride in Bleach
    2) Preparation of Ethanal
    3) Mass of a volatile liquid, but 3 can really be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

gealt wrote: »
    filiocht ainmnithe:

Pros
    Bean Og most likely ( love, tormented mind)
    Lig Sinn i gCathu
    Claire sa Speir
    Fiche Bliain
    Maybe Cearrbhach, but has come up alot

If Clare sa Speir comes up then Cearrbhach has to? There linked together and you only have to study one of them! As for the rest of what you said it's pretty much what I'm thinking aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gealt

sarah. wrote: »
    If Clare sa Speir comes up then Cearrbhach has to? There linked together and you only have to study one of them! As for the rest of what you said it's pretty much what I'm thinking aswell :)

the only ones that are linked together are coileach ghleann phadraig and bean og like you pick either or to study and then la bui bealtaine or claire sa speir. so they will give a choice if theyre giving bean og and if they give claire sa speir they will give a choice. i've never heard that if they give cearrbhach they have to give claire sa speir. weird :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Megan.mcgowan

Any predictions for HL History? Ireland topic 2 and Europe topic 3&4??
    I know for Topic 3 Jarrow is almost a dead cert, propaganda is likely too but any other suggestions?
    Also, my teacher seems sure that for Topic 4 either Literature and Social Criticism or Changing Patterns in Religious Observance (2nd Vatican Council)

No clue for Irish history, reeeeally dont want to learn Parnell so any other suggestions? Topic 2.

Any help would be sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Any predictions for HL History?
    Try here.

Never rely too heavily on tips and predictions though ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Megan.mcgowan

Cheers! I know I shouldn't be, but the exam is so close and there is no way I can learn off loads of essays this close to the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rachel2k11

Anyone any HL frech preditions please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

rachel2k11 wrote: »
    Anyone any HL frech preditions please?

I suppose just the usual - internet/recession/drugs;alcohol;smoking/sport

French is hard to predict. Though some guy mentioned a handball comprehension? :P

Actually, I should get off this addictive forum, and start studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeirs

any tips for german and religion..?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

keeirs wrote: »
    any tips for german and religion..?

sophists is one for religion..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JohnKane46

So I'm freaking out and in major need of some predictions!!! for accounting, physics and German. please help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Aeclipse

ART HISTORY ANYONE??? PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE can't you tell i'm desperate?? I've had to study art on my own this year because no one in my school picked it. Any help would be so appreciated! I'm praying newgrange comes up and one of the impressionists or post impressionists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Aeclipse wrote: »
    ART HISTORY ANYONE??? PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE can't you tell i'm desperate?? I've had to study art on my own this year because no one in my school picked it. Any help would be so appreciated! I'm praying newgrange comes up and one of the impressionists or post impressionists!
    Stop freaking out and look around you instead! :)

Thread here! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Aeclipse

Stop freaking out and look around you instead! :)

Thread here! ;)

It's kinda hard not to when your exam is tomorrow!!..but yes i did look around me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CUS101

Economics guys? And religion? anything at all going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mel_!

does anyone have any sort of idea what may be on that paper 2moro?,, i know there isn't a lot of predicting,, but for the auburung and the letter??,, please help,, i find german SOO hard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Shirlz.

Mel_! wrote: »
    does anyone have any sort of idea what may be on that paper 2moro?,, i know there isn't a lot of predicting,, but for the auburung and the letter??,, please help,, i find german SOO hard :(

There Is A Thread On Here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056295187

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sarah w 17

Any predictions for physics Ol ? 2011 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

anyone have any predictions what might come up on the biology paper this year?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement