Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Im dreading it too. Stressed off my head cause its my best subject this year. Have to get an A1/A2.

Dunno if ill do Lenin. Ive a feeling a curveball in the form of "Why did the communists win the civil war" or "Cumann n gaed, FF economies" are gonna appear.....and i dont wanna stretch myself to far as it is by trying to cover "what if" topics.

Im waffling but you know what i mean lol
    Notice your doing a bit on stalin...with him being up last year, would ya expect lenin to be a more likely candidate this year? Doing HL history by myself so havent really been getting any teacher advise on what they expect etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Gav77 wrote: »
    Notice your doing a bit on stalin...with him being up last year, would ya expect lenin to be a more likely candidate this year? Doing HL history by myself so havent really been getting any teacher advise on what they expect etc

Lenin has never came up by himself, so my teacher says its more likely that him and Stalin come up together as one question. Eg. how did Stalin and Lenin deal with the social and economic issues presented to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

Was on the internet last night and saw notes on FF V CNG

Just when I thought i was done writing my notes/answers, i started panicking about FF and CNG!!!!!

:eek:
    So.........history is taking up yet, another evening! :(

Better safe than sorry though?

Notes here - actually, they are really, really good! http://leavingcerthistory.net/revision/revision-handouts/

Since i couldnt compare CNG FF for my life last year......

Thanks for the link, love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, love it!

but the link is broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Shirlz.

For Accounting

Tab
    Club
    Published
    Incomplete
    Production

Service?

Any Chance Do You Have Any Predictions Of What Sections They'll Come Up In? I Have A Strong Feeling Revaluation Will Come Up This Year....
    Also What Incomplete Record (First Method Or Second)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Areq wrote: »
    Ok this are the physics HL Predictions on section A (experiments)
    , this predictions are by great predictor as every year for the last 6 years he predicted 3/4 of the coming up questions :P

Q1. - Measurement of velocity and acceleration
    -Boyles
    -Laws of equlibrium for a set of co-planar forces
    -Verif. of Principle of conservation of momentum
    -relationship between period and lenght for simple pendulum
    - focal lenght of concave mirror

Q2. -Wavelenght of monohromatic light
    -calibration curve of thrmometer
    -Specific heat capacity of a liquid and solid by the three methods .

Q3.- Speed of sound in air
    -fundamental frequency of steched string and lenght

Q4. -Joules law
    -variation of current with voltage

Im just gona rely on those :)
    BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO :P

Terms and conditions apply:eek:

So he is predicting with half the experiments? And he is predicting a light experiment will come up in the mechanics section? :S

Any One Have Any Thought On OL Irish Poetry/Stories?
    Or On The GeoEcology Essay In HL Geography?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

Is this year the last for the current maths course? If so, I was thinking they would put in compound angles in the OL on the sly. I looked at the checklist on my exam papers and it has only come up once, in 2001. The thing is, I don't remember doing this. So are compound angels AND the unit circle still on the OL course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

r0cks0l1dd wrote: »
    I looked at the checklist on my exam papers and it has only come up once, in 2001. The thing is, I don't remember doing this. So are compound angels AND the unit circle still on the OL course?

If it came up in 2001 and the course hasn't changed since then, then I presume so :rolleyes: Check the syllabus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

NotExactly wrote: »
    If it came up in 2001 and the course hasn't changed since then, then I presume so :rolleyes: Check the syllabus though.

Yeah thanks. I'm just thinking it will come up because it is the last year. I looked through and it seems easy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

Shirlz. wrote: »
    Any Chance Do You Have Any Predictions Of What Sections They'll Come Up In? I Have A Strong Feeling Revaluation Will Come Up This Year....
    Also What Incomplete Record (First Method Or Second)
    Have no idea what sections till come up.

Although I could see Published being 60 mark, and club/service being 100 mark.

Maybe reevaluation for the other 60 mark?

Have no idea what sections till come up.

Although I could see Published being 60 mark, and club/service being 100 mark.

Maybe reevaluation for the other 60 mark?

Yeah Thats What I Was Thinking (Hoping) Aswell...
    I Think The Production Budget Is A Definate At This Stage...
    I Think Tabular Will Be A 100 Marker Aswell Cause The Last Time It Was 100 Marker Was In 2006?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

Yeah Thats What I Was Thinking (Hoping) Aswell...
    I Think The Production Budget Is A Definate At This Stage...
    I Think Tabular Will Be A 100 Marker Aswell Cause The Last Time It Was 100 Marker Was In 2006?
    On the production, learn how to find out the closing stock figures yourself. hasn't been asked but could be.

yeah, you're right about the tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Any One Have Any Thought On OL Irish Poetry/Stories?

id say 2 biomes 1 soil. Im thinking biome: human interaction and plant/animal adaptations and soil:characteristics

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

My thoughts on things....

Accounting
    I think Incomplete is almost certain for the 100 mark, along with either Club, Published or Tab. Possibly a Cash Flow but I think it might be a Tab. Hope it's Published.
    Can't see a Service coming up.

As for the 80 mark, I think Production Budget and Marginal & Absorption....but there is a chance of a Flexi-Budget and I really hope it does because that's the easiest thing on the course.

History
    I have a theory (which could be wrong) that if you study Cumann na nGaedhael and Fianna Fáil social, economic and foreign policies from 1922 to 1945 you'll be covered for Ireland. Not the easiest thing on the course but the questions are usually more self-contained than the War of Independence, Civil War questions which are perhaps easier.

In Europe if you learn the foreign policies of Italy, Germany and the lead-up to the War as well as the Communist chapters you should be okay. A lot of stuff there but I find it easy enough, a lot easier than social and economic problems of Britiain. Perhaps the rise of the Nazis and fascism is a good idea too though.

In America, I think there's 2 chapters regarding foreign policy...one on the actual foreign policy and one on domestic factors affecting it. That along with the Vietnam case study and you should be okay.

Don't think any of those as facts, they are just my opinions, going on general hunches.

English
    If Frost doesn't come up, I'll cry. Because there's basically no chance of Kavanagh and Yeats coming up and they're the only other two I know...
    We've done Rich, Boland and Dickinson but I really dislike learning the first two and while Dickinson's poetry is interesting, I've never written an essay on her and wouldn't know where to start. Please be Frost, please be Frost. I wish we had done Wordsworth tbh.

Irish
    Very hard to predict the Dánta Breise. My teacher seems to think Oiche Nollag na mBan or An Máthair will be there and I hope she's right but I'm not so certain myself. I think An tOileán or Maigdiléana is more likely. I hope Oiche Nollag na mBan does though.

As for stories An Bhean Óg and Cearrbhach Mac Cába hopefully. But I'll be learning Fiche Blian Ag Fás just in case. If Lig Sinn i gCathú comes up I'm in trouble.

As for the other poems, I think they're easy enough to learn. I'm going for Faoiseamh, Jack and Gealt.

Physics
    No idea :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Gav77 wrote: »

Im the same teacher wise. Yeah I might cover Lenin briefly if i get time. Stalins show trials coming up would be unreal!
    Might also do the stalinist state at war....

Im just gonna try and learn everything ive done notes on ,quickly and then do what ive left out!

G'luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 lmwell

HL IRISH AISTE

I'm studying mainly recession/economy-type essays

keywords I think will be important in the aiste title:

Difhostaiocht (unemployment)
    Polaiteoiri (politicians)
    Saint (greed)
    An toghchain (the election)
    Abharachas (materialism)
    Cumhacht (power)
    Drochstad na tire (bad state of country)
    Todhchai (future)

I'm going to have a good idea on Alcol, fadhbanna soisialta, etc. but I'm sort of banking on economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 PoisonIvy

Possibilities for home ec anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

Any ideas for what the french written will be about? Journal Intime, personal response and the like. I'm also clutching at straws for biology if anyone wants to give me the magic formula!

As far as Hamlet is concerned, a lot of people are talking about Claudius coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Damo C

Accounting i think Company will come up as Q1, Interpretations as usual, hopefully Incomplete Rec, Clubs/Service or Tab and Flexi and Marginal Costing

English Cultural Context and Theme or issue, Poets- Frost, Boland and i dont know who else but there the main ones i m focusing on.

Business- i m hoping the short questions are easier in da leaving than in my pre cos i got on soooo bad!

Irish- Nil Aon Ni, Faoiseamh and Jack plus Oiche Nollaig or Dan do Mhelissa or An Mhathair or An tOilean....Anyone know what could come up in stair na Gaeilge?? 2009 and 2008 were da same...since its da last yr of Stair na Gaeilge could it be da same as 2010? Any predictions for An Triail???

• Advertisement

I noticed that Wordsworth hasn't come up on the LC yet so i'm hoping that he will.:o

My English Teacher Is Telling Us That Going In Without Knowing Wordsworth Is Like Suicide So Make Sure You Know Him Well She Reckons He's A Cert...
    Damo C wrote: »
    Accounting i think Company will come up as Q1, Interpretations as usual, hopefully Incomplete Rec, Clubs/Service or Tab and Flexi and Marginal Costing

English Cultural Context and Theme or issue, Poets- Frost, Boland and i dont know who else but there the main ones i m focusing on.

Business- i m hoping the short questions are easier in da leaving than in my pre cos i got on soooo bad!

Irish- Nil Aon Ni, Faoiseamh and Jack plus Oiche Nollaig or Dan do Mhelissa or An Mhathair or An tOilean....Anyone know what could come up in stair na Gaeilge?? 2009 and 2008 were da same...since its da last yr of Stair na Gaeilge could it be da same as 2010? Any predictions for An Triail???

Which Incomplete Record Would You Think Is More Likely To Come Up? My Teacher Seems To Think Production Budget Is Coming Up Not Flexible? Also Yeah The Business Short Questions/All Questions Should Be A Lot Easier Than The Mocks, They Were Impossible :O

English
    Any One Have Any Thoughts On What Questions Will Come Up In Hamlet In HL? I See Someone Has Up That Claudius Is Coming Up, Any Other Ideas AnyOne?

Accounting
    Any Ideas Of Section 1?

Method 1 for incomplete i think..that one is da normal way where u start with the trading first! I dont care which management one comes up there all easy! I m not sure between flexi and production but if production comes up u will be asked to work out the closing stock figure for the trading at the end...Hamlet i tink could be on hamlet as a character his strengths and weaknesses or soliloquies but i got soliloquies in my mock so i'm not sure if they will come up again?!
    My English Teacher Is Telling Us That Going In Without Knowing Wordsworth Is Like Suicide So Make Sure You Know Him Well She Reckons He's A Cert...

I hate Wordsworth and Dickinson..dunno why really haha! I m studyin Yeats, Frost, Kavanagh, Boland...hopefully a good question on either boland or frost comes up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 lmwell

Damo C wrote: »

I reckon youre banking on the wrong poems in the first section. Nil Aon Ni and Faoiseamh are less likely. Jack, Bimse Buan and Gealt - in that order.

Everything is pointing toward Oiche Nollag being certain. Melissa, An Mathair and Magdileana are totally worth studying too.

RE: Stair - the reason 2009 and 2008 were identical was a printing error. This will never happen again. It was a massive mistake that was made at the very last minute when the paper went to print, and it should not have happened. You will NOT see 2010's stair repeated in 2011.

Study an Ruraiocht and an Fiannaiocht - only one of them will appear, but it'll be half of that section.

Of the rest; Na hAnnala and Ogham.

Ya sound..i m not sure between nil aon ni and bimse buan which to focus on more..cos bimse buan came up in my mock nd i m not sure if nil aon ni will come up with da whole scandal over cathal o searcaigh! What do u think da An triail question might be?? I hope da mb'fheidir aris dar gcumann doesnt come up cos its so long and boring compared to oiche nollaig, an mathair, on toilean and dan do mhelissa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hi Damo,

welcome to Boards. :)

Please note that this site has a "no textspeak" policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jdivision91

lmwell wrote: »
    I reckon youre banking on the wrong poems in the first section. Nil Aon Ni and Faoiseamh are less likely. Jack, Bimse Buan and Gealt - in that order.

Everything is pointing toward Oiche Nollag being certain. Melissa, An Mathair and Magdileana are totally worth studying too.

RE: Stair - the reason 2009 and 2008 were identical was a printing error. This will never happen again. It was a massive mistake that was made at the very last minute when the paper went to print, and it should not have happened. You will NOT see 2010's stair repeated in 2011.

Study an Ruraiocht and an Fiannaiocht - only one of them will appear, but it'll be half of that section.

Of the rest; Na hAnnala and Ogham.

how do you know it was a printing error?? :D and i hope you are right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭AislingMarie

I have a "tip" that it will be Dickinson and Hopkins.
    I haven't studied nHopkins and I was hoping Wordsworth would come up =(

Here's my predictions:

Irish poet: Boland
    Female Poet: Dickinson
    American Poet: Frost
    Older Poet: Hopkins (although I wish it were Wordsworth)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

There are three between Biome and Soils and the last two years there have been two soils and one biome, so I'd know yisser biome well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 x.Ais.x

I'm thinking of leaving out both faoiseamh and nil son ni, is that too risky?... Also thinking about leaving out Clare sa speir and lig sin, just can't stand them like!

And btw any ideas for hl history dictatorship + democracy, i'm banking on hitler/stalin/Mussolini and considering doing the jarrow march which I haven't looked at since 5th year... :/

• Advertisement

Ais if you look at the trend over the past few years you will notice that lig sinn i gcathu has come up every second year so it could come up this year..clare sa speir is unlikely i d say to come up..Faoiseamh has come up every year since 2007 so theres a high chance it will come up and not sure about nil aon ni!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement