Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Anybody got any Chemistry predictions?
    I know the usual - learn your titrations, organic chemistry, experiments etc. but any predictions outside that?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

i have a feeliing HACCP is going to be asked..something about it anyway..in home.ec

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hannahx

Can I cut down regional geog... BMW, Paris , southwest USA ,
    Does anybody have anyidea what like primary secondary r tertiary might come up?

xaoifsx wrote: »
    i have a feeliing HACCP is going to be asked..something about it anyway..in home.ec

Do u think that will be asked in the shorts or longs?
    What else do you think might come up ,I don't have a clue like

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coco pop

Mona Olsen wrote: »
    Anybody got any Chemistry predictions?
    I know the usual - learn your titrations, organic chemistry, experiments etc. but any predictions outside that?

Bleach, winkler method, volitile liquid, ethanal, ethanoic acid ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 summermemories

Ash_M wrote: »
    I reckon Boland, Wordsworth and (hopefully!) Dickenson are possibilities for English. Irish aiste will have to have something about the economy/government anyway, and I'm hoping for Oiche Nollaig na mBan somewhere in there..

Id learn how to spell Dickinson before I go into the exam anyway!

I think Dickinson will come up before Boland. Boland is up again next year, so if they do give her, it will be a stinker of a question..Dickinson isnt up again untill 2014!

this is what i personally think, by the way. i think it could turn up as a long question most likely. it could come up as a short, but you still have to know your stuff on HACCP if it is asked!! if you look at previous posts you will find other predictions people have made!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

x.Ais.x wrote: »
    Are people learning Sunningdale? Cause my teacher told us not to even think about it but I don't know of that's taking a risk... A small one I suppose but still...
    Bit crazy of her to say that, although im going to leave it out anyway! It was up in both HL and OL last year so surely they wouldn't do it again! If it comes up though i will cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭marzh007

Im dropping down to ordinary for my history exams. Is it safe if i do just the case studies in northern ireland for the compulsory question or do i have to cover the whole topic five?
    Also any tips for the ordinary history?

Does anyone think a house hold item will come up in homec h.l
    If so which one?

• Advertisement

Hannahx wrote: »
    Does anyone think a house hold item will come up in homec h.l
    If so which one?

maybe not. mircowave was asked in project work.. if it does come up..not microwave. i think fridge will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CUS101

Predictions needed:
    Geography Higher level: (economic Elective) ANYTHING WELCOME VERY DESPERATE.
    History HL.
    English paper 2 HL...Hamlet mostly please!
    Economics HL.
    Religion HL: ( needed very badly!!!!!!!!)

My Predictions:
    English HL:
    Poetry: Very probable that if you've done Wordsworth, Boland and Hopkins you'll get 3 questions. Top 2 will be Boland and Wordsworth, both very likely.
    Hamlet: Harder to predict but stay confident as the questions over the years have been getting easier :) things to look at:
    1) Claudius Black Hearted Villian or Potentially Good King? - very important essay as being the second most important character in the play you have to know him and hes never been asked by himself!
    2) Themes are very important so look at; Revenge (very easy), Loyalty V Betrayale, Appearance V Reality.
    3) Shakespeare's use of Soliloquy: important as can be used again in parts of other answers.
    4) as for secondary characters ( which they have a habit of asking ) look at the role of Polonius ( never been asked ) and also Laertes.
    I try to avoid the women in the play, Gertrude is hard to write about and Ophelia is herself tricky in places to get a full 5 pages on.

History:
    I'm a gambler to be honest!
    Dictator Democracy:
    1) Hitler Foreign Policy. ( never been asked and quite important, lovely essay if it came up. )
    2) The Characteristics of a Fascist State: ( in 06 they asked about the RISE of a fascist state but in a few years of the sample papers they've asked for the characteristics. make sure to include italy and germany tho, incase its two!)
    3) The Holocaust and treatment of the Jews in Nazi Germany . ( such a major event, people seem shocked its never been asked but I can see why. Its the wafflers paradise and examiners don't want to put down an essay where students are just going to give them an account of ''Schindler's List''! but it is a major event and something that does eventually have to be asked, so have a look, I am :P )
    4) Propaganda in Nazi Germany: ( now they've asked a Question on propaganda twice out of 5 years, one year was on Gobbles/Rhiefenstal and the other it asked for more than one nation ,so you had to have Germany and Italy for example. That makes me assume that a full Question on The Nuremberg Rallies seems highly possible. Its a big case study and its never been asked! Also look at propaganda in Italy, very easy and has a good chance itself.)
    5) Mussolini. ( one of the big 3 and interestingly the only one never to been asked by himself! if he does appear it'll more than likely be how he came to power, or what Italy was like under his control and for that just reword your Fascist essay from earlier and leave out Adolf :) )

USA:
    1) USA Economic crash 1968-89: ( good chance, never been asked before. its an excellent essay to do as its full of fact and figures meaning the wafflers are going to stay away from it and examiners will award heavily for it! All economic essays are always good, they are full of facts and figures showing you to know your stuff and making it seem your not afraid to answer harder questions!)
    2) Bus Boycott/ Civil Rights: ( seems obvious. Moon Landing last year so I think this this year. )
    3) To be honest I'm fairly confident with both of them, ive neglected USA a bit but if you want to throw something else in Do the Vietnam Case Study one of the three will come up

Ireland:
    1)Contrast Economic Policies of CnaG and FF: ( excellent essay again, not very easy, will scare away any wafflers and the examiner will throw marks at you all day. and its never been asked which is always good :) )
    2)Impact of WW2 on N Ireland: ( easy question. include bit on Belfast Blitz. think it appeared on some mocks so give it a look. Also look at Impact of ww2 on the south).
    3)Eucheristic Congress, Culture, Religion,Language NORTH AND SOUTH. ( one of the few questions where there is a pattern! in 06 they asked for Cultural Identity South, 07 same thing but North and south, 08 Eucheristic congress South, 09 Cultural Identity N + S, 10 Culture South. Its jumped as you can see every year so do this essay and DO NORTH AND SOUTH CULTURAL IDENTITY! )
    4)The Treaty seems likely too but i get bored by it so gonna gamble on those above.

Document will be Colraine. Apprentice boys doesnt have enough substance, and it is the Document that seperates A's from the B's. Colraine has more in it basically.

Please reply and give your tips, will be greatly appreciated and GOOD LUCK!

Shirlz. wrote: »
    Any One Have Any Thought On OL Irish Poetry/Stories?
    Or On The GeoEcology Essay In HL Geography?

It always comes up either two on yhe biome and one on soils
    Or two on soils and one biome
    Im learning 3 biome essays bu there real long
    I dont think theres any point ib learning both the biome and soil

CUS101 wrote: »
    Predictions needed:
    Geography Higher level: (economic Elective) ANYTHING WELCOME VERY DESPERATE.

Ul be graand if u do 1. an mnc ie johnson and johnson 2. eu policys cfp cap
    3. Sustainable development 4. Colonialism 5.envoirnmental impact
    Thats what im doing anyways
    Hope it helps

Thanks, anything else for geog, regional or physical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Damo C

Anyone any ideas what could come up for the writing piece of French HL?

Always a land form and human interaction
    Karst and human interaction with the rocks
    Wethering one chemical and physical

Im just guSsing sure but im f**ked for regional like

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Whats up with all the Coleraine predictions?

Why are people so sure like...?:confused::confused::confused:

Sunningdale was last year. Apprentice Boys doesn't have nearly enough substance to it, not much controversy really, its too easy. Colraine has a lot more, they can ask more on it simply.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

USA:
    1) USA Economic crash 1968-89: ( good chance, never been asked before. its an excellent essay to do as its full of fact and figures meaning the wafflers are going to stay away from it and examiners will award heavily for !

;) You know me so well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Thanks, anything else for geog, regional or physical?

Im fairly sure at least 1 or of these will come up
    Regional: -Tertiary for European
    -Primary for Ireland
    -Secondary for Subcontinent
    and -Mumbai for urban growth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Starbust

Home Ec: Im guessing either proteins fats or carbohydrates. Cereals and Eggs have never been asked. Elective 3 poverty and unemployment and say the fridge could be asked.

English: Poetry - guessing Dickenson Wordsworth Boland and Frost
    Hamlet - question on Claudius, the woman, the plays deceptive nature.

Irish - an toilean oiche nollaig jack thig na tit orm either imirce or oige or greann say lig sinn ni gcathu probably will come up but i hate it :(

Anyone know anything that could come up in HL Business or German?? :)

Starbust wrote: »
    Home Ec: Im guessing either proteins fats or carbohydrates. Cereals and Eggs have never been asked. Elective 3 poverty and unemployment and say the fridge could be asked.

English: Poetry - guessing Dickenson Wordsworth Boland and Frost
    Hamlet - question on Claudius, the woman, the plays deceptive nature.

Irish - an toilean oiche nollaig jack thig na tit orm either imirce or oige or greann say lig sinn ni gcathu probably will come up but i hate it :(

Anyone know anything that could come up in HL Business or German?? :)

Anything else on Hamlet? sorry don't have German or Business :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

I don't usually listen to predictions because they're usually just a matter of opinion but these are what I hope/think will come up in Physics

Experiments:

Question 1
    - Verify Boyle's Law
    - Verify the principle of conservation of momentum

Question 2
    - Measure the focal length of a Concave Mirror
    - Measure the refractive index of a liquid/glass
    - Measure the wavelength of Monochromatic light

Question 3
    - Measure the speed of sound in Air
    - Fundamental Frequency of a stretched string with Length

Question 4
    - Verify Joule's Law

Section B

Question 5
    Same as always

Question 6
    - Momentum
    - Simple Harmonic Motion

Question 7
    - Lenses, refraction and reflection

Question 8
    - Resistance

Question 9
    - Nuclear Physics

Question 10
    - Cockroft and waltons experiment

Question 11
    - Electromagnetism

Question 12
    a) - Density and Pressure
    b) - Heat
    c) - X-Rays/Photoelectric Effect
    d) - Semi-conductors

These are all just what i'm studying from analyzing previous papers and what they were saying in the academy along with what my teacher was saying! :D Fingers crossed..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

Insurance for Business anyway. And probably a Cash Flow Forecast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jdivision91

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Whats up with all the Coleraine predictions?

Why are people so sure like...?:confused::confused::confused:

I am the same im afriad. my teacher hasnt even looked at the apprentice boys all she done was Coleraine?. she said she was at a teachers conference and everyone is tipping Coleraine to come up but i cant see how they can all be so sure :(
    heres praying for Coleaine! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nicenri

_meehan_ wrote: »
    What theme are you doing? Il Postino is one of my texts as well, but all I have according to your headings is introduction, complication, resolution. I don't really have a development. If something on key moments doesn't come up in theme and issue, I'm screwed!

My theme is love and relationships :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

does everyone do different headings under theme and issue, mines are love and marriage, is that okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

My french teachers an old examiner, he gave us a few tips on the last day in relation to the reaction questions & what to study.
    • New speed camera's introduced at the time leaving cert would have been made.
    • Recession.
    • Footballer's being spoiled in today's world.
    • Formal letter.(most likely the job application)
    Might be worth looking over he seems to know his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

Donerkebab wrote: »
    does everyone do different headings under theme and issue mines are love and marriage is that okay?

The best theme to do is relationships.. because you can only discuss one theme/issue and relationships include friendships, marriage, family (Father - Son... Brother - Sister) and all those kind of things.. there is just so much you can write on them.. I'm doing the Kite Runner, IL Postino and Dancing at Lughnasa! And there is just so much for cultural context and theme and issue in each of those texts.. its great.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    My french teachers an old examiner, he gave us a few tips on the last day in relation to the reaction questions & what to study.
    • New speed camera's introduced at the time leaving cert would have been made.
    • Recession.
    • Footballer's being spoiled in today's world.
    • Formal letter.(most likely the job application)
    Might be worth looking over he seems to know his stuff.

I heard religious wars, drugs and something on sport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement