Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I am the same im afriad. my teacher hasnt even looked at the apprentice boys all she done was Coleraine?. she said she was at a teachers conference and everyone is tipping Coleraine to come up but i cant see how they can all be so sure :(
    heres praying for Coleaine! :pac:

Your teacher is potentially costing you a grade. Coleraine and the Apprentice boys are both just as likely to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coco pop

Ash_M wrote: »
    I reckon Boland, Wordsworth and (hopefully!) Dickenson are possibilities for English. Irish aiste will have to have something about the economy/government anyway, and I'm hoping for Oiche Nollaig na mBan somewhere in there..

DickInson ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PaddyP056

Your teacher is potentially costing you a grade. Coleraine and the Apprentice boys are both just as likely to come up.

2 case studies have come up 2 years in a row before thats soo dodgey

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SleazeMerchant

PaddyP056 wrote: »
    BIG BIG TIP FOR FRENCH
    Apparantely theres a question in the written on cyber bullying (as in internet bullying). One of the exam writers let it slip in the institute and Im not bull****n except I cant find any notes on it bleh

I heard this also

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jdivision91

BIG BIG TIP FOR FRENCH
    Apparantely theres a question in the written on cyber bullying (as in internet bullying). One of the exam writers let it slip in the institute and Im not bull****n except I cant find any notes on it bleh

if that turns out to be true then i will hold you forever grateful!! :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If it is even true it's not going be of much use. The SEC more than likely monitor boards and other websites and if they see that something has been leaked they'll silently switch to the contingency paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

BIG BIG TIP FOR FRENCH

If this is true then you're daft for making it available to the thousands of students you'll be competing against and also the SEC as stated above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

People need to realise this website is under constant scrutiny from the SEC, Tabloids and other crap. Last year there was 3-4 days of media war because a topic popped up here about how people were cheating. A tabloid reporter would love to write a long, exaggerated and ridiculous article on how the teacher who let it slip was instead a private school teacher with inside information, letting it slip to his paying students etc etc.

If you have some golden nugget of information, tell it to your friends and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

If it is even true it's not going be of much use. The SEC more than likely monitor boards and other websites and if they see that something has been leaked they'll silently switch to the contingency paper.

that could be true..but people could be making other predictions which are on the other paper...at the end of the day something is going to come up and people are going to be right and wrong. I don't follow predictions really, but it sorta comforts me in a way..i some people need to have an 'idea' to feel better going into the leaving cert!! their own fault if it doesn't come up in the paper and they only studied that!! that is why i don't heavily follow predictions! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

THE BAXTARDS!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Hannahx

Is anybody doing hl german i failed in the pres- it wasnt good
    Just want to know if anyone has anyidea how i could pass it
    Any hints or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tasder

Anyone have
    HL: accounting
    HL: physics
    HL: art history
    And HL: German? Just what grammar will come up or something.

Thank you guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

for geman i'm guessing question words ,pronouns,relative pronouns.
    does anyone have any idea for topics for the letter? :confused:

Yno the pres do they sorta hint what might come up cause if thats the case it was all about 18year olds being leagle

Hannahx wrote: »
    Yno the pres do they sorta hint what might come up cause if thats the case it was all about 18year olds being leagle

No they have no relation whatsoever. The mock company's are there to make money, if something in the mocks comes up in the Leaving it's by pure fluke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Not exactly NotExactly :P
    The mock companies try to follow patterns to get their tests as close as possible to the real thing. Ok it may be very hard to do so but thatas what they do.

They don't exactly :rolleyes: hint at what's goin' to come up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

xaoifsx wrote: »
    yeah iv heard that too!! i hope the myth question comes up or to christain movements or galileo..i know these on the back of my hand.. :) i also have a week to focus purely on religion..i say it would be okay.. but predictions would be nice!! :)

yeah i really hope myths do too! the last time they were up was 09 but it still could be likely. Anselm and Aquinas might be on it. the jewish understanding of the kingdom of god might be on too.

But for example in homec a technology comes up everysecond year i think and it came up in the pres so i think it has a chance of coming up in the leaving and the economy came up too in irish and everyones saying that that has a chance of coming up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Tasder wrote: »
    Anyone have
    HL: accounting
    HL: physics
    HL: art history
    And HL: German? Just what grammar will come up or something.

Thank you guys :)

For accounting, my predictions would be:

120- Company is most likely, manufacturing is an outside chance.

100- Incomplete I would think is extremely likely, along with club/cash flow/tab/published. I hope it's published.

80- Production Budgeting and Marginal & Absorption Costing imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 summermemories

Anyone thinking that possibly a long Question on Sensory Analysis could appear as it hasn't been up in a while?? In Home Ec!!

would be a good idea to go over them..if its a long question, it will need to be specific, maybe part of a long question?learn the different types of tests cas they could be a short question and they are handy to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Fireball07 wrote: »
    For accounting, my predictions would be:

120- Company is most likely, manufacturing is an outside chance.

100- Incomplete I would think is extremely likely, along with club/cash flow/tab/published. I hope it's published.

80- Production Budgeting and Marginal & Absorption Costing imo

which method? cash-book or balance sheet method?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Would it be ok just to cover theme and issue? :( Cultural context is incomplete and taking up too much time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Would it be ok just to cover theme and issue? :( Cultural context is incomplete and taking up too much time

If CC is a major problem for you then just prepare link statements ie. In all three of my texts the protagonist is depicted as a powerful character. Then be able to elaborate on these statements and compare. Good knowledge of your texts is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I don't know. My teacher thinks balance sheet but she said you can't be certain. Know both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 triedtwice

Any tips hints for OL Irish please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

triedtwice wrote: »
    Any tips hints for OL Irish please

for written pieces paper 1, theres nearly always, if not always, something on post pairtaimseartha, learn some nice irish on disputes to use in a comhra cause you can change most of them into an arguement.

For stories, I was looking at past papers yesterday and what I feel will come up will be:

in part a) lig sin i gcathu, la bui bealtaine

in part b) Cearrbhach Mac Caba, Fiche Bliain ag Fas, An Bhean Og.

Im almost certain that lig sin will be in part a, la bui bealtaine may switch places with cearrbhach mac caba though.

For the poetry I am thinking:

In part a) Nil Aon Ni, Bimse buan

Part b) Jack or Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa.

Nil aon ni hasnt been on the paper since '07 which i find odd since theres only 5 poems to choose from, general trend in papers so far is that one of the part a's of last year will be this years part b.

Hope this helps =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

My teacher thinks cash book and i would be inclined to agree with him =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

magicianz wrote: »
    My teacher thinks cash book and i would be inclined to agree with him =]

hopefully will be, prefer that method. will go over balance sheet method anywya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sroseb

GEOGRAPHY- REGIONAL WORRIERS, THIS MIGHT HELP!

I made a quick list out of the regions asked since 2006 (when the course was updated and changed). I was terrified of having to learn each aspect of physical, primary, secondary and tertiary sectors of each region. No way would I have the time. Hopefully this list will help me and you too!
    Here's the questions asked and the region I would do for the question, and the number of times the question has been asked
    *Primary economic activities in an Irish region (West- Agriculture) - asked 3 times so far.
    *Secondary economic activities in an Irish region (West- manufacturing)- asked once so far.
    *Impact of EU enlargement on Irish economy (Like on Fishing sector in west, subsidies and encouragement of foreign investment) -Asked twice so far.
    *Primary activites in an EU region (Mezzigiorno- agriculture) Asked twice so far.
    *Manufacturing in a Eu region ( a very specific question mind you, but I'd do P.B) asked once so far.
    *Population distribution in an EU region- Mezzigiorno- asked once so far.
    *Tertiary activities in an EU region ( Mezzigiorno) Asked FOUR times so far!
    *Urban growth in an EU region- (Paris Basin) Asked THREE times so far.
    *Culture of Sub-continental region (Brazil/Indian sub continent) Asked FOUR times so far!
    *Primary activites in subcontinental region-(Brazil/India) asked twice so far.

Hope this helps narrow it down!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement