Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭squishness

x.Ais.x wrote: »
    Are people learning Sunningdale? Cause my teacher told us not to even think about it but I don't know of that's taking a risk... A small one I suppose but still...

If Sunningdale comes up 99% of the country I'd say would just come out crying... No most schools didn't bother. We only did it because we finished the course incredibly early and had nothing better to do. (It was February.)
    They more than likely won't put it on! But it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Nil Aon Ni was up last year on part A..so it could come up as a B this year.

There's always a random slippery question thrown in on Business, last year it was public services ombudsman. I wouldn't be surprised if they put in a hard unit 1 question considering a lot of people try leave out units 6 and 7, and bank on unit 1. I reckon it could be something along the lines of;
    - Benefits of trade unions to employees or employers
    - Benefits of National Wage Agreements
    - They love throwing up Labour Court and Labour Relations Commission too..

Racial conflict I'm confident will come up in History.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HappyOut148

Honours English paper 1 Theme?. Any suggestions?.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Something about Future and technology? Perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Wasn't that 2010's theme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Change? New?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gem_Cat

Hey, anybody have any predictions for Classics??
    Or what Impressionists might come up on the Art History exam?
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Specifically in Classics:
    Greek Drama
    Greek Epics
    Alexander the Great
    Plato/Philosophy...

Wasn't that 2010's theme?

Take it I should look at the exam papers for English so!

The Future was last years....

Technology is a good one. I also though Natural Disaster or something like that considering the volcano last year and all the earthquakes? I don't know. Just something to think about. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

Maybe something about war and terrorism? Current affairs in the world? bin Laden,Japan earthquake, Iceland's volcano,the revolutions in Libya,Egypt etc USA presidential election next year. Current affairs could be a good theme for the essay ,I think :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

martyllia wrote: »
    bin Laden,Japan earthquake, Iceland's volcano,the revolutions in Libya,Egypt etc USA presidential election next year. Current affairs could be a good theme for the essay ,I think :D
    All of which happened after the paper was written!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 noony

Hi there, would anyone have predictions for Irish honors Leaving Cert? I especially need something for the Aiste all I have is the economy / IMF
    any other help would be grand too :)

Maybe something about war and terrorism? Current affairs in the world? bin Laden,Japan earthquake, Iceland's volcano,the revolutions in Libya,Egypt etc USA presidential election next year. Current affairs could be a good theme for the essay ,I think :D

Wow! yea I never though of that ... It'd be nice to guess or have thoughts compiling for wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

Anita Blow wrote: »

yep,but they could change it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

yep,but they could change it :)
    Why would they bother?

They have had multiple papers written months beforehand at different times by different, unconnected authors (Or so I am informed). They're hardly going to go the expense of modifying a paper just to make the paper more predictable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 triedtwice

magicianz wrote: »
    for written pieces paper 1, theres nearly always, if not always, something on post pairtaimseartha, learn some nice irish on disputes to use in a comhra cause you can change most of them into an arguement.

For stories, I was looking at past papers yesterday and what I feel will come up will be:

in part a) lig sin i gcathu, la bui bealtaine

in part b) Cearrbhach Mac Caba, Fiche Bliain ag Fas, An Bhean Og.

Im almost certain that lig sin will be in part a, la bui bealtaine may switch places with cearrbhach mac caba though.

For the poetry I am thinking:

In part a) Nil Aon Ni, Bimse buan

Part b) Jack or Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa.

Nil aon ni hasnt been on the paper since '07 which i find odd since theres only 5 poems to choose from, general trend in papers so far is that one of the part a's of last year will be this years part b.

Hope this helps =]

thanka a million - great help. just helps me organize my thoughts

Why would they bother?

They have had multiple papers written months beforehand at different times by different, unconnected authors (Or so I am informed). They're hardly going to go the expense of modifying a paper just to make the paper more predictable...

These years the papers are been written later ...... Well finalised later than before. It's due to the fact that printing/distributing has become much easier with technology and all that. Dont forget that Haiti was on the geography paper last year..... I wouldn't be surprised if we got something about japan and radioactivity on the chemistry this year!!!

So don't count anything out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Yeah but the earthquake struck Haiti during early January. The Japanese earthquake struck mid-March. I'd say at that point they would have more or less finalised all the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Hope , Despair,

Yeah but the earthquake struck Haiti during early January. The Japanese earthquake struck mid-March. I'd say at that point they would have more or less finalised all the papers.

12th of febuary which means perhaps a week/two to finish or edit the paper so in otherwords it would be finished by end of march ..... You never know they could leave it a week or two later this year..... Try to make it unpredictable. After all as radioactivity was a part of 10 or 11 last year we would not expect it to come up again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

The Exam commission only print 2 papers.. the official and the contingency.. if theres a leak the contingency is sent out.. the exam commission do not change the paper to suit the mass media.. we've been told time and time again that this is the case.. they may incorporate topical issues into the paper at the time of writing but they won't change the paper to suit the needs and expectations of students.

For example, Al Gore's acceptance speech for his 2007 Nobel prize was on the 2010 paper.. not the 2007 or 2008!

What comes up all depends on the theme that is set out by the commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lukichu123

Anyone have any helpful hints on Boland and her techniques/ themes for a lad who paid little or no attention in English on the grouns of "Ahh.. it's only English like"! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeydublin

Regarding Boland
    Mother-child r.ship
    Irish History
    Love and Marriage
    Sense of Hope

Business O-L any tips anyone :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PaulSul

Any ideas for Physics and D.C.G ( both H.L)

Anita Blow wrote: »

When do they set the papers ? Please answer!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    When do they set the papers ? Please answer!:eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72534999&postcount=205

a few pages back in this thread...

Has anyone any clues about WUTHERING HEIGHTS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lena_Fahy

I thrive off hints... Did unreal in my junior Cert thanks to them...

Biology: your usually guaranteed Ecology, Genetics, Photosynthesis/Respiration and sexual reproduction(usually in do two parts of a) b) c) ques.) as long questions each year the rest is pretty unpredictable...

Perhaps ear in short ques and brain.. have never been examined.
    Kidney also should not be ignored.
    As far as exps go enzymes perhaps and yeast fermentation maybe? also unpredictable enough... Nitrogen and carbon cycle ... and know all defns.!!

Also 9:3:3:1 cross never came up in genetics... cross is very probable this yr.

Chemistry:
    Q1. Bleach or water of crystalisation?
    Q2. Ethanal or ethanoic acid... (N.B. Ethanal did appear in 2010 Q10 c)
    Q3. Volatile liquid? Heat of formation? not sure.

All rest of paper know organic well, scientists, atomic theory and electronic structure of atoms, pH, Water and chemical equilibrium rates of reaction(did not appear in 2010)!! Stioch. and gas laws... once again know all defns.!!

English:,
    Poems im studying 6 to be safe... but Wordsworth,Hopkins,Dickinson and Boland... im hoping :)
    Hamlet maybe Laertes or Horatio?
    Been hearing alot about the theme of appearance V reality?
    Dunno tbh.

These are just my opinions... good luck studying and RELAX!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lena_Fahy

Nil aon ni was up last year(2010) part a) Gealt or Bimse buan part a) 2011

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CUS101

Geography:
    For the Regional Geog, Primary Activites in a non-Irish European region have never been asked. I'm doing The Mezz in Italy but only have agriculture as a primary activity which means I'm ****ed if they ask for more than one!
    Anyone good enough to throw up 6 SRPs on another primary activity of the Mezz? Please?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement