Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twinkies

Options
  • 10-02-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy 100-200 Twinkies and I'm just wondering where the cheapest place to get them is (online I assume)? Also, do they go out of date fast?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

This made me lol :D did you try eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

lalee17 wrote: »
    This made me lol :D did you try eBay?

I was laughing as a typed it . . but I've seen Zombieland so I'm desperate :D
    and yeah but I'm worried about best before date and shipping is high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If you're buying them online you can enquire as to the expiry date on the ones you would be getting. Some sites will give a BBD, or on eBay some will say 'at least 6months BB date etc'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ajeffares wrote: »
    Also, do they go out of date fast?

I think they go out of date faster than your average snack food, although they are so artificial they'd last longer than your average cake :pac:. Was trying to find some online a while ago for the lulz and most of the major confectionery sites only have them available occasionally. Cybercandy seems pretty good: http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_indprod?xlc=1672&ltrev=14

I bought one in a shop in New Zealand while I was on holiday there. That one will probably do me for quite some time :pac: Strange, moderately tasty but you know it isn't good for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

dont't worry its not all for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Wait.. You want that amount of Twinkies and you have never, ever tasted them?

I would strongly recommend you don't waste your money, go with Ding Dongs, Cupcakes, Suzy Q's or Ho Ho's instead from the Hostess range. Little Debbie cakes are bad ASS too.

Don't waste your time on the Twinkies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I used to sell Twinkies for a living back in the 90s. They have a 10 day sell by date. They actually are only kept in the stores for 7 days and then resold in their 'thrift store'

You're going to need to make sure that the Twinkies that you are buying are being shipped right out of the oven or else you are going to have some stale snack cakes.

There is a huge difference in the taste of these cakes at the beginning than closer to the sell-by date.

I believe that they are still baked in Schiller Park Illinois. I do not have an e-mail address but here is their snail mail address:

Hostess
    9555 Soreng Ave
    Schiller Park, IL 60176
    USA

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie#Shelf_life
    A common urban legend claims that Twinkies have a shelf life of forever, or can last for a relatively long time of ten, fifty, or one hundred years due to chemicals used in production.[6] While this urban legend is false, they can last a relatively long time (25 days or more), because Twinkies are made without unstabilized dairy products or eggs and thus spoil more slowly than most bakery items

Advertisement