Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny!

Options
  • 10-02-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

I got a letter from my GP surgery yesterday reminding me that as a pregnant woman I should avail of the seasonal flu vaccine and according to their records I had not done so.

I miscarried in September but never informed the surgery.

Its funny that they send a letter to remind me to get the flu vaccine but aren't concerned that I haven't attended for any antenatal care since having the pregnancy confirmed! I would've been 7.5 months at this stage!

Just as well I'm quite emotionally stable (most of the time) or this letter could've been quite upsetting!

Anyway, just thought it was funny and wanted to share!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

You are wonderful to be able to see the funny side of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Squiggler wrote: »
    You are wonderful to be able to see the funny side of that.

Agreed, a lot of other women would not have seen the funny side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thats madness! Im glad ur seeing the funny side, they are soo stupid, it just shows ya how everything is just automated now, ur just in their system with noone actually looking at it! madness! im sorry for ur loss, i would have been 7 months now...not sure id have seen the funny side, but i suppose theres no other option at this stage! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Well when I say funny I don't mean funny 'haha' but more funny 'what a joke!'

Had it happened after my first mc it probably would've been enough to send me over the edge. I have my little girl now and I feel so blessed every day to have her that it's very hard to be down about things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

I miscarried in September but never informed the surgery.

I am glad you can take this the way you do. I understand completely that you wouldn't want to talk about your miscarriage after it happened. But, any administration is a system that you have to work with. If you don't tell them, there is no way they can know.
    My words are probably too harsh, but maybe it can help other women to update their surgery in case it happen to them, and avoid unsollicited communication afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

My issue is not with recieving the letter. Of course they are still going to assume that I am still pregnant if I haven't told them.

My issue is that they posted a letter to remind me to get the flu vaccine but they have not followed up why I have not attended for any antenatal care. To me thats just mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

I suppose not everybody avail of the combine care and probably some private customers do all antenatals with their obstetrician.

There sure is a glitch in the system. And I'm not sure that it would be ever possible to find out where the problem comes from.

Anyhow, if I was in your case, I would surely ring my surgery to let them know...and let them sweat a bit over it. I suppose that an apology isn't too much to ask.

Advertisement