Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

asus u3s6 expansion card cant get ssd to show up

• 10-02-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭

just fitted the u3s6 sata 6g/usb 3 expansion so that i could get the best out of my C300 64 and install windows 7

it doesnt show up in my computer as a hard drive

i can see it in device manager and it shows up as a drive on the bios

the motherboard is asus p5k deluxe

how can i set up to display in my computer so that i can install windows 7 and use it as main boot drive

any help most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Has the SSD been assigned a drive letter in Disk Management?

If you're not sure, right click "Computer" in Windows Explorer this will open Disk Management ->Storage->Disk Management. If it shows here, right click, select Change Drive Letter and Path and assign a drive letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

oisin wrote: »
    Has the SSD been assigned a drive letter in Disk Management?

If you're not sure, right click "Computer" in Windows Explorer this will open Disk Management ->Storage->Disk Management. If it shows here, right click, select Change Drive Letter and Path and assign a drive letter.

thanks that sorted it

it shows up as new volume e, can i change this to be the c drive? or does it matter which drive it is so long as i go into the bios and tell it to boot from the ssd drive first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Since your going to use it as the boot disk I would change it to "C" to avoid problems.

Advertisement