Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest tyres in town for an Opel Astra!!

• 10-02-2011 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Anyone know where to get the best value for tyres in the town or county???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Anyone know where to get the best value for tyres in the town or county???:confused:

Place directly across from the tax office is very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Go out to the Kilbarry halting site & I'm sure that they could
    recommend a good value place for tyres!
    What a stupid f**king question to bloody ask!
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Crikey!
    What warbled up Sillys buttpipe this evening? :eek: :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Sealant Services.... do some great deals on part worns....

Crikey!
    What warbled up Sillys buttpipe this evening? :eek: :confused:

He gets a little cranky when he's tyred.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Seriously, what's with the attitude, the OP ask a genuine question and was looking for some suggestions, your reply is not one bit helpful. If you've nothing worth while to contribute, then don't contribute at all.

We've had to issue a couple of bans over the last day or two, I personally don't want to have to issue another one to you, but another smart remark like that and I may just have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

Yea I went out to the halting site earlier but they are out of tyres... few horse shoes but thats it.. they were asking for you;)

Thanks though.. great advice:cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I can't understand people being so f*ckin tight with spending money on the only 4 things that keep your car in contact with the ground, if you buy ditchfinders, they will only find one thing the bloody ditch.

Get yourself down to Tom Geraghty on Grattan Quay, speak to Dave or Mark.

Junior wrote: »
    I can't understand people being so f*ckin tight with spending money on the only 4 things that keep your car in contact with the ground, if you buy ditchfinders, they will only find one thing the bloody ditch.

Get yourself down to Tom Geraghty on Grattan Quay, speak to Dave or Mark.

Jasus wind your neck in.
    I rang around last time i needed new tyres and the difference in the quotes was unbelivable, they seriously take the p*ss.
    The best two quotes i got were the place across from the tax office and Geragthys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Boooourns wrote: »
    Jasus wind your neck in.
    I rang around last time i needed new tyres and the difference in the quotes was unbelivable, they seriously take the p*ss.
    The best two quotes i got were the place across from the tax office and Geragthys.

The guinan lads out the motor mile are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

yea not lookin for crap tyres just the best value as you can get ripped off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Seriously, what's with the attitude, the OP ask a genuine question and was looking for some suggestions, your reply is not one bit helpful. If you've nothing worth while to contribute, then don't contribute at all.

We've had to issue a couple of bans over the last day or two, I personally don't want to have to issue another one to you, but another smart remark like that and I may just have to.

Ok! Who here has an Opel Astra can say what type of tyre they have on their vehicle? What car owner can catagorically state what type of tyre is on their vehicle? Who would know where to look to see the tyre ID? Who here owns an Opel Astra has recently changed the tyres? In my opinion the OP just couldn't be arsed to make his/her own inquiries! It's like the eternal question, how long is a piece of string?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I know exactly what tyres are on my vehicle. Although with bikes been more dangerous than cars its good to make sure you have good tyres on bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I know a lot of lads on this thread are running down people for buying cheap tyres and a lot of people are also mentioning Sealant Services. Well I got 2 part worn there yesterday for my 4x4 and they are a fraction of the cost of new ones.

He gets them from the continent, when a car is sold in France for instance, even if the tyres were fitted the day before, they need to be replaced with new ones for safety reasons. So there is nothing wrong with these tyres as some are suggesting. Pat and his son are very genuine and you wont get and BS or ripped from them unlike some of the bigger operators around the city

wellboy76 wrote: »
    I know a lot of lads on this thread are running down people for buying cheap tyres and a lot of people are also mentioning Sealant Services. Well I got 2 part worn there yesterday for my 4x4 and they are a fraction of the cost of new ones.

He gets them from the continent, when a car is sold in France for instance, even if the tyres were fitted the day before, they need to be replaced with new ones for safety reasons. So there is nothing wrong with these tyres as some are suggesting. Pat and his son are very genuine and you wont get and BS or ripped from them unlike some of the bigger operators around the city

That's the garage across from the tax office isn't it? Really sound genuine people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Used and part worn tyres are a big business in Germany and France and there is no statistical evidence to show them being any more or less dangerous than brand new tyres once they have been pressure tested and are fitted properly. Unfortunately, pressure testing on used and part worn tyres isn't very common.

Advertisement