Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland V Spurs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

A very good win, well grinded out result for a 2nd string team. Sandro was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Forgot to mention waddle Definetly still a tottenham boy :)

20 points gained from a loosing position must be a record surely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

if we could pick up 9 points in our next 3 games blackpool , wet spam and wolves we'll be sitting pretty.

fingers crossed all the big boys are back tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Very impressed with Sandro.... makes the tackles but gives away less fouls than WP! With next weekend being FA Cup weekend if we beat Blackpool on the 22nd we'll be third!

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Sandro did well especially 2nd half. Thought JJ was excellent as was Niko. Pav better than usual and better than Defoe,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

These are pleasing wins lads, missing star players and not playing our best but still winning. COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Sandro, how did he do overall?

Looks a sharp player the bits I've seen of him, and that's been very little if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Apache pizza.........Happy Days!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Sandro, how did he do overall?

Looks a sharp player the bits I've seen of him, and that's been very little if I'm honest.
    First time I have really seen him perform well he was good broke up play well and shields the ball really well then made the run and cross that lead to the goal really grew into the game second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Cheers, I was wondering why he was being left out of the team for so long, do you know if he is included in the CL squad?

Very strong and confident player on the ball in any clips I've seen him.

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Cheers, I was wondering why he was being left out of the team for so long, do you know if he is included in the CL squad?

Very strong and confident player on the ball in any clips I've seen him.
    Ya just checked uefa site him and pieenar have been added to our squad

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

thats six points Niko has got it,good to see the squad been used and players taking their their chances even if it is due to injuries to bale/van der vaart/modric

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very disappointed.

For the first 40 minutes we looked a cracking side. Quick triangles, pressing all the time, great movement and direct. Once again an inability to defend set pieces has cost us. Turner's a big loss from a set piece point of view. Once the goal went in we fell to bits.

We need Turner, Welbeck and Cattermole back big time and we have some tough games coming up. Everton and Arsenal (A), Liverpool (H) and City (A). We've got a pretty easy run in though so hopefully we're still in with a shout of Europe by then.

You're a side that we have to be aiming to replicate though. When you can come to our ground a few days before a Champions League game with AC Milan playing without 6/7 first team players and get 3 points, it says something about you're strength in depth.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and the Champions League :)

Had to get a bigger boot bandage on his ankle causing pains for him-talking about Gallas

Also 4 points and two places above where we were this time last season although our goal difference is down by 11 goals or in other terms 1 Defoe :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

daragh moloney just now on premier soccer saturday saying bale is definitely out for tuesday night , huge blow if thats the case:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

BERBA wrote: »
    daragh moloney just now on premier soccer saturday saying bale is definitely out for tuesday night , huge blow if thats the case:(

Seen that, not good if true. 1-10-0 formation in milan!
    Great strike by Krancjar and great great result. Really fancied us to drop points today. 2 behind city with a game in hand. Newcastle, blackburn and Sunderland away all good results really.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Anyone hear this overhyped prick saying Spurs are not on form lately tonight on RTE.
    What f planet has he been on?

Think we've been superb in the league since we lost at Bolton - 20 pts from losing positions is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Delighted with the result today,I wasn't expecting much from this game tbh but we dug out another great comeback.glad to hear Sandro did well,roll on AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

galinka wrote: »
    Anyone hear this overhyped prick saying Spurs are not on form lately tonight on RTE.

Think we've been superb in the league since we lost at Bolton - 20 pts from losing positions is fantastic.

Same thing went through my mind. Johnny giles wouldnt have a clue what teams were on form outside Man U and Aresenal. He hasnt had an original view in 5 years.

Fcuk sake we have only lost 1 in 15 and won our last three - 2 of them away games. We are 6 points off second place and 2 off 3rd with a game in hand. Looks like pretty good form to me.

Watch it after (if) we beat Blackpool, Johnny will wake up and realise that we are having a great season and will be all about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Regardless of the team we put out I have a feeling we'll lose this one.

The players will be thinking ahead to the San Siro.

So delighted that my original post turned out to be wrong.

Ok so we didn't have our strongest team out but without seeing the whole 90 mins I'd be guessing that a few bench warmers felt they proved a point this evening. Fair play to them for their professionalism and maybe they've given Harry a few headaches come the next match team selection.

Happy that City lost today. We're not going to catch Utd. but we have a good chance of catching City, especially with our game in hand. Will be cheering on Fulham on Monday night.

Battle for top four is getting very interesting.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Outside of Man Utd. and Liverpool, in general, the whole Irish media don't give a sh1te.To say they're obsessed with those two clubs would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Fair play to the lads today. The most obvious thing for me is the belief that is in the team now. Last year at Sunderland was one of the worst Spurs "performances" I probably have ever seen.
    Today even after going 1 down we kept plugging away an fair play to Niko he scored a cracker again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Paully D wrote: »
    Very disappointed.

For the first 40 minutes we looked a cracking side. Quick triangles, pressing all the time, great movement and direct. Once again an inability to defend set pieces has cost us. Turner's a big loss from a set piece point of view. Once the goal went in we fell to bits.

We need Turner, Welbeck and Cattermole back big time and we have some tough games coming up. Everton and Arsenal (A), Liverpool (H) and City (A). We've got a pretty easy run in though so hopefully we're still in with a shout of Europe by then.

You're a side that we have to be aiming to replicate though. When you can come to our ground a few days before a Champions League game with AC Milan playing without 6/7 first team players and get 3 points, it says something about you're strength in depth.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and the Champions League :)

Fair comments. I have to admit, as my earlier comments will prove, I thought Sunderland were the better team in the first half and without that Dawson goal I think we would've been beaten. Cracking Krancjar goal and I hope he keeps getting his chances now because, as spursman11 mentioned, that's 4 points he's rescued over the last two games.

Worried about Bale missing, though Krancjar is on form so if we've to 'make do' with him, I won't be too worried. Brilliant result today though. Had to speak to my brother to find out what had happened but absolutely chuffed to get 3 points. I really like Gyan though - great striker and honest as well, not afraid to admit to his mistakes. Definitely think Sunderland will get Europe this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In contrast, Sunderland have lost 20 points from winning positions :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Big big win today, if we can somehow get 9 from 9 in the next three games we'll be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yiddo59

the same planet he was on early last year when on Newstalk he appeared surprised that Gareth Bale wasn't in the England world cup squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Massive win with so many regulars missing. Full marks to Krancjar for taking his chance over the last 2 games, he'll start on Tuesday now no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Delighted to be proven wrong, I thought Simderland were a cert for all 3 points. Kranjcar was brilliant, delighted to see him playing so well despite his lack of gametime this season. Very worrying that yet again none of our strikers got on the scoresheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

yiddo59 wrote: »
    the same planet he was on early last year when on Newstalk he appeared surprised that Gareth Bale wasn't in the England world cup squad :D
    Yeah I heard about that,a listener had to text in that Bale was Welsh before the penny dropped with Johnny.:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement