Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing football: Things that annoy you

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭mono627

Being a keeper in general

...genuinely don't know why I do it some times!

The only positive is that you get to cream forwards with a rising knee when catching a high ball because keepers are allowed "protect" themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sliding tackles on astroturf is completely reckless imo, regardless of whether you win the ball or not. Even good juniors that are really good at tackling rarely do it but its the headless chickens that do it far too often. Was tackled once at full stride and landed on my knee, I can still feel the stiffness in my knee a year later when doing a quad stretch, there was a time when I couldnt properly stretch my right quad because of it but luckily I've not had silly strains because of that.

The lads that are telling you how to play the game, where/who you should have played the ball and there is no talking to them when they do it because they will blow a fuse.

Driving to an away match only for the match to be called off. It could have been called off that morning but nobody was bothered inspecting the pitch. 45 mile round trip for nothing!

Getting punished with fitness training on thursdays (mainly ball work) because half of the lads didnt bother going to tuesdays training (mainly fitness work).

Lads turning up late for astro despite knowing that there will be people on after you and you've lost 10-15 minutes because of sheer laziness.

I hate the lads that goal hang, you give them the ball, in space, and they'll put their head down, take a touch and shoot from ridiculous angles or even just run into the corner because there is space there. All the while 3 lads are rushing forward to support only to see that when you get into a good position he's about to waste it, even though you are shouting at him and he pretends that he didnt hear you.

Lads playing the offside trap even though you never EVER practised it or even tried once in training.

Referees that wont even discuss a decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Going to an away game in some far away place only for it to get detroyed by some biased dickhead of a referee.
    Happened to us a few weeks backs in the Irish Cup. The manager kept the free-kick count for the last 20 mins of the first half and it was something like 17-1 to them, despite them being the dirtiest bastards I've ever played against. Went around some lad and got a hard kick about knee high - right in front of the ref, he decides to have a ****ing chat with yer man, not even a yellow. Then one of our lads gets booked for winning a 50-50 challenge.
    Days like them make yeh question how fcuktards like him ever got a refereeing job...

Yes, I'm still bitter about it.... It was the Irish Cup ffs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Going over your ankle. It won't break your ankle but you feel like a gimp for the rest of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Players who try to knock the cover off the ball every time they think they have a shooting opportunity.
    Place the ball ,the goals are big enough.

Players that wont use their weaker foot under any circumstances .

Defenders that are obsessed with passing the ball back to their goalie.

Overcautious players that always play safe deliberate balls.

Greedy ,wasteful players who wont work for the team.

Players who think football is all about tricks and have zero end product.

People that only want to pass to their buddy.

People that wont play the ball on the ground ,thats my major beef to be honest .Why do so many players feel the need to lump every ball up in the air ,its alot easier to keep the ball on the ground and easier to control .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

• Not being able to go out on Saturday nights
    • Losing
    • Running
    • Whinging from players
    • Stupid referees
    • No linemen/women
    • Route one football mainly, i really hate when the defenders just hoof the ball, pass it you fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Scoring an absolute rocket/unreal chip/curler into the top corner in training or on the astro and being called a fluke 'cos your a centre half. We don't just practice hoofing into the next parish ya know!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads who moan non stop at the ref. He's on here and he knows who he is.
    If your team is down a goal or two and you dont get a decision there's no point moaning at the ref, what happens if he sends you off? Then our job because much more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Scoring an absolute rocket/unreal chip/curler into the top corner in training or on the astro and being called a fluke 'cos your a centre half. We don't just practice hoofing into the next parish ya know!

only happened me last week,3/4 lenght of the pitch,saw keeper off his line n lashed it beckham style,clipped the bar and in,cracker but never got the credit....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The opposition manager who does the line and never calls the ball out, when it is, if his player is in possession and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

People who won't keep the ball on the ground when passing in 5-a-side. They go for a chip over the top which is not good for football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TechnoPool wrote: »
    and all the corners are rounded off :confused:
    Sounds like they misheard the part about "sharp corners being dangerous"... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

when ive just come back from 1-0 down and rooney scores a bleedin overhead :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

That annoying person who tries to tell everyone what to do with the ball, then loses it. :mad:

This is my biggest hate of all time.

I'd like to add...the idiots who lose the ball or give it away and throw their arms around and never, never track back or pick up their man. Lucky i had pace to burn and dug them out of hole more then once. I lost it a few years back, now have to use my head :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

When someone has a problem with something I do but instead of telling me they post it on boards.ie

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Lads who moan non stop at the ref. He's on here and he knows who he is.
    If your team is down a goal or two and you dont get a decision there's no point moaning at the ref, what happens if he sends you off? Then our job because much more difficult.

That's me or another poster for sure you're talking about :D

For the record, never been sent off ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    That's me or another poster for sure you're talking about :D

For the record, never been sent off ;)

Well it was Ed, but after the display in your last game i might have to stick you into that group!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

In fairness I've never seen anything like that since Rivaldo in 2002. Just lost the rag, can't wait for Tuesday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Actually my main biggest thing i hate is crap pitches, i really really hat crap pitches, and our home pitch is the worst, i easily prefer away games most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I hate playing in the rain, and also when it is very windy. As a goalkeeper, I have no confidence in those conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

THFC wrote: »
    Going to an away game in some far away place only for it to get detroyed by some biased dickhead of a referee.
    Happened to us a few weeks backs in the Irish Cup. The manager kept the free-kick count for the last 20 mins of the first half and it was something like 17-1 to them, despite them being the dirtiest bastards I've ever played against. Went around some lad and got a hard kick about knee high - right in front of the ref, he decides to have a ****ing chat with yer man, not even a yellow. Then one of our lads gets booked for winning a 50-50 challenge.
    Days like them make yeh question how fcuktards like him ever got a refereeing job...

Yes, I'm still bitter about it.... It was the Irish Cup ffs..

Did you not see the american remake of mean machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Refs not knowing the rules of the game and stealing my goals.

Indirect free from outisde the box teammate taps the ball ever so slightly i smash it into the top corner, retake as its indirect :(

Striker teammate cracks one of the post (im behind him RM) and i follow it in and tap into the basically empty net, free out as i was offside when i scored :(

Advertisement