Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is best 'breastpump' to get?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I thought the PHN was there to encourage you and not knock you down over every little thing.
    I had a few issues with my PHN on my first baby - constant weighing and questioning when he was clearly thriving. This time I've a different PHN and I get the impression that if you manage not to kill the first baby that you're pretty much left to your own devices on subsequent babies!

Anyway, back on topic: I have an Avent manual pump that I used on my 1st baby. It was fine for pumping once a day, which gave hubby a chance to give a feed and let me build up a supply for the odd occasion I was away. I was planning on getting a Medela Swing this time but actually haven't bothered expressing at all yet (8 weeks in). Like How Strange suggested, I've been using a sling this time (she's much lighter than her big brother was) and find it so easy to go anywhere with herself in tow that it hasn't been an issue, so I think I'll be sticking with the manual pump.

Advertisement