Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency

Options
  • 10-02-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi, I hope i am on the right section. I purchased an item from AMazon about 3 weeks ago which has gone faulty and as you would expect from Amazon there is no problem just return for a refund. However i paid using sterling as i find Amazons Currency convertor costs a little more, my dilemma now is how do i avoid losing out when the sterling is refunded to my visa as im sure like exchanging currency in the banks the buy and sell rates are always different. I would not mind if it was a small amount but i am talking over £800 sterling, if the rate differs only a few cent i could loose 60 - 80 euro!! Any ideas?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Refund will be done in original currency. It could swing in your favour. 80 squids seems excessive.

Advertisement