Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of making a new pc

Options
  • 10-02-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi, i wanna make a new pc for gaming. here are the bits and pieces im currently looking in to. any1 have info to make cheaper, better plz tell.

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Republic of Gamers - ATX - AMD 890FX - Socket AM3.

AMD Black Edition - Processor - 1 x AMD Phenom II
    X6 1090T / 3.2 GHz - Socket AM3 - L3 6 MB

Corsair Value S. - 2GB 1333MHz PC3-10600
    DDR3 - 240 pin - 1.5V - CL9 (x3)

Sapphire RADEON HD 5770 - 512 MB - DVI HDMI
    PCI Express 2.1 x16 (x2 crossfire)

CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700 - Power supply (
    internal ) - ATX12V 2.3/ EPS12V 2.91 - AC 115/230

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 - Hard drive - 1.5 TB -
    internal - 3.5" - SATA-300 - 7200 rpm - buffer: 32

Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-S222A - Disk drive -
    DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - 22x/22x/12x - IDE -

Antec Nine Hundred -Gaming Midi Tower
    no PSU

And a windows 7 64-bit.

thats all for now. am i forgetting anything ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Buy RAM in pairs. 4GB is enough for most situations.

6950 over the 5770s would be better.

Where are you buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

how much is your budget aswell?
    and monotype is 100% right a set of 4gb is more than enough for a gaming system

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ...

i chose the 2 lower end gpu since they are quite cheap and still have good speeds and in crossfire should be nice. i was wondering about the pci version, the motherboard is 2.0 and the gpu's are 2.1 would that make any difference? i read up on it and from what ppl knew it would make no difference at all.

i made out the list on komplett.ie but i intend to shop around and see if i can pick up the pieces cheaper. thats kind of a rough one atm.

gonna look around 700-800 budget. but am in no rush to get them all at once. id forgive myself faster if i bought them over say a month lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I don't think there are any motherboards with PCI-E 2.1. You'll be fine.

I suppose with the price of 5770s now at the €100ish mark and crossfire competing against the 5870 and the 6950, the 5770s do seem like a good choice. Watch out for deals on those cards as one card is usually preferable to two.

Don't go near the seagate 7200.11s. They were very dodgy - go for the 7200.12s.

Wait a sec,... two posts since June 2005? Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ...

hmm i will look out for that. would having 2 in crossfire not prolong the life of the 2 cards rather then 1 ? i had an 8800 ultra few years back and that on its own only lasted a year. maybe the powersupply was not enough. i will check up on those cards alright though.

so as it is at the min, with the other seagate HD would that be a good set up ?
    i would hope it could keep up with the latest games for another while.

thanks i take pride in my posts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

ok i think you should rethink some of the components you chose out cause i went to komplett, dabs, pixmania and hwvs and they've all went over the 800 mark to make a good comp out of.
    plus i advice you to rethink your case espically cause while the antec 900 was amazing back in it's day it still has a massive cable managemnt problem so you shout get the 902 intstead

2pt9lyx.png

I didn't even include the os or shipping either =/
    btw i suggest a samsung spinpoint f3 as you hdd

Advertisement