Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL options

• 10-02-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

moved to new apartment recently, the apartment is wired for Eircom Line, ADSL. But considering their line rental is madness on top of that broadband is circa 30 bills a month, What are the alternatives on an ADSL line. Who is in the market and what would be a viable alternative to this madness. Im unable to get UPC as they dont supply the building unfortunately.

all suggestions welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, if you choose ADSL, I guess you'll be paying line rental regardless.

However, maybe try LLU operators - Magnet or Smart may have unbundled the exchange in your area?

Would you have access to the roof or something for wireless internet like Digiweb Metro? No, I don't mean any WiMax or 3G stuff!

Otherwise, there's Eircom resellers - eg. UTV Broadband, Digiweb, Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

byte wrote: »
    Well, if you choose ADSL, I guess you'll be paying line rental regardless.

However, maybe try LLU operators - Magnet or Smart may have unbundled the exchange in your area?

Would you have access to the roof or something for wireless internet like Digiweb Metro? No, I don't mean any WiMax or 3G stuff!

Otherwise, there's Eircom resellers - eg. UTV Broadband, Digiweb, Vodafone.

Thank you, havent actually explored possibility of Magnet, but id be near sure they are not in the building. I believe some resellers were offering without line fee as part of deal. Might have to do a hell of research. Line rental always seems to be sub text of any advertising.

Advertisement