Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help translating this sentence?

• 10-02-2011 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could help me translate this sentence:

"No summary details available. View the job advert for more information".

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

Google translate gives this, sounds ok to me:

No hay detalles disponibles resumen. Ver el anuncio de trabajo para obtener más información

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Thanks yeah I had a look at Google translate etc., but I was hoping a Spanish speaker could give their opinion as I don't fully trust online translators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hibride

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could help me translate this sentence:

"No summary details available. View the job advert for more information".

Thanks!

This is the most accurate translation I can give you, not knowing the whole context

Descripción detallada del puesto de trabajo no disponible. Ver el anuncio para obtener más información.

Summary details= detailed description of the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

hibride wrote: »
    This is the most accurate translation I can give you, not knowing the whole context

Descripción detallada del puesto de trabajo no disponible. Ver el anuncio para obtener más información.

Summary details= detailed description of the job?

This version sounds best to me. Although maybe Descripción detallada del trabajo no disponsible would be better (omitting the del puesto)

That google translate version doesn't sound right to me, the words are in the wrong order as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hibride

This version sounds best to me. Although maybe Descripción detallada del trabajo no disponsible would be better (omitting the del puesto)

That google translate version doesn't sound right to me, the words are in the wrong order as well.

It all depends of the context, but since now I believe that "job" in this case means "job offer" (that's the part I was not sure about), and since the phrases in English are concise, I'd use this:

"Descripción detallada de la oferta de trabajo no disponible. Ver anuncio para más información"

• Advertisement
Advertisement