Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Assurance and Help Needed!

• 10-02-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering, how stressed are most people?
    My friends say they are, but I don't see them being have as bad as me. I'm okay when I study and I do relaxation exercises, but sometimes I just get really worried that I won't get the points or that I'm over estimating how well I'll do. Is anyone else getting this?

Also, any predictions or advice on exam strategy and best way to study the following?

English HL
    Irish HL
    Maths OL
    History HL
    Music HL
    Business HL

My main worries are History and Music, and I really really want an A1 in Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dannnnn

Music is terribly easy. I got a B2 last year with absolutely no study.

Why? Because half the stuff they teach you isn't even needed, they go into too much detail, which makes you think you need to know it all. That doesn't mean don't study what you're being taught, I'm just saying, I didn't even see half the things I was taught, so don't stress yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Always.

I usually study straight after coming home from school and then I relax for the rest of the day. But the moment I read, hear of or see anyone else studying I immediately feel panicked thinking that i'm the only one not studying.

I'm so stressed and i've a million worries.

In the next two months I have the following to worry about...

Driver's Theory test - 16th February (Not exactly LC related but still :p)
    HPAT - 26th February (Panic is setting in)
    Mocks - 28th February (Surprisingly the least of my worries at the moment)
    Engineering Project Deadline - 4th March (Extremely worried)
    UK University Interview - 5th March
    6/7th March - Mock Orals
    One month later - LC Orals

Fast forward another month and it's LC time.

I alternate between wishing for time to speed up and time to slow down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

I'm going between all out panic and completely relaxed - can't seem to strike a balance at a healthy level of motivational worry. The general consensus seems to be fairly stressed alright, but too be honest I reckon I'm better off chilled out with a moderate work level than pulling my hair out and burning out. Strangely enough the Mocks are relaxing me, making the whole thing seem a lot more do-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I'm only in 5th year so can't say the pressure is as much but being the eldest of 8 and having both parents always at work is really adding to it at the moment. I think this is a thick system, broke down in my mentor's office today, I've finally cracked.

I'm only in 5th year so can't say the pressure is as much but being the eldest of 8 and having both parents always at work is really adding to it at the moment. I think this is a thick system, broke down in my mentor's office today, I've finally cracked.
    Breaking down in 5th year?

For what? Save it for next year :pac:

• Advertisement

It had very little to do with school but thanks.

It had very little to do with school but thanks.
    Ah my mistake.

Hope everything works out for you.

Sorry that seemed a stupid post, I just find school so tough. I only started attending this year, there is so much time-wasted and so much cattiness. Apologies. So back to the OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

In response to the OP,

to quote a Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip song, "it's a straight up fact, / You control your emotions it's as simple as that".

As much as it doesn't feel like it, you do control your emotions - including stress. I've had medical problems regarding stress, so I'm with you there about how out of control you feel. But in the end, you do have control. Relaxation exercises are a very positive step. Do more of them.
    Comparing yourself to others in general will only get you into trouble with yourself.

I know you didn't really ask for stress-reduction wisdom but still...it's a mighty beast. XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

mpdg wrote: »
    to quote a Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip song, "it's a straight up fact, / You control your emotions it's as simple as that".
    /QUOTE]
    Not of any relevance to the thread but i most give you my respect for quoting the mighty pip.
    That simple truth is perhaps the single most important thing i have ever heard ushered from another persons lips. I would advise all and sundry to heed to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement