Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare Costs.???

• 10-02-2011 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering does anyone know anything about childcare costs. I am living in the Midlands and due back to work in the next few months. My baby is 20weeks old. I have got a price from a lady who wants to mind children in her own home. It would be 4 days a week from 1.30 to 6.30. she is looking for €25.00 a day. Is this a fair price to pay??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

i'd have a look around and see what other people are offering. My friend gets her baby minded full time for 150 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

:) Hi we are getting our 2 minded for €25 per child per day from 7.3oam to 5pm and that includes their dinner, we send snacks & nappies.
    She is a lovely woman, she minds a few others about 5 or 6, but doesnt have them all everyday.
    Ours only go 2 days per week, we mind them ourselves the rest of the time.:eek:
    we did look at creches but they weren't really interested in taking the baby, and even if they did they would be split up for the day.......life is tough enough:rolleyes:
    So shop around!!!!!!!!!!!!! but in saying that we are in the wilds of the northwest!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The average where I am is 120/150 for a baby full time for a week. About 40 for after school care for 1 child, for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

From what ye are saying it looks like shes have a laugh so. Gosh at a loss now shes the only one around I can find that will do after 6.00 - may keep searching. Thanks.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just wanted to add, none of the Child minders I was approached by are also claiming any kind of payment from the social welfare. I live in a really old estate and it is mostly ladies who previously minded grandchildren and now mind other kids.

A friend of mine was quoted more than the amount above and the reason given was, 'I can't claim anymore so have to put up prices'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement