Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Question

• 10-02-2011 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the publicjobs.ie website, looking for info on AGS recruitment and saw that it has been frozen. Anyhow I clicked on the Garda Reserve and was looking at the areas you can ask to serve as a Reserve and was surprised to see Northern Ireland as an option.

Do Garda Reserve operate in NI, or is it just and oversight by publicjobs.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cash_123

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I was looking at the publicjobs.ie website, looking for info on AGS recruitment and saw that it has been frozen. Anyhow I clicked on the Garda Reserve and was looking at the areas you can ask to serve as a Reserve and was surprised to see Northern Ireland as an option.

Do Garda Reserve operate in NI, or is it just and oversight by publicjobs.ie?

Where exactly did you find that? Cant see any link to anything like that on the publicjobs website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

cash_123 wrote: »
    Where exactly did you find that? Cant see any link to anything like that on the publicjobs website.

Sorry, I know it is a completely idiotic question to ask, but it has stirred my curiosity.

When I registered with publicjobs.ie it asks in the your details page if you would be interested in becoming a member of the Garda Reserve. I don't live that far from the border and thought about clicking on it. So I looked through the counties and Northern Ireland is one of the options to choose.

I didn't click on anything as my application to the PSNI was still live at the time, but I joined this board and when I saw the section for Garda Reserve it reminded me of it. So I went back onto my publicjobs.ie personal page and it hasn't changed. You can still choose NI as an option for Garda Reserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Sorry, I know it is a completely idiotic question to ask, but it has stirred my curiosity.

When I registered with publicjobs.ie it asks in the your details page if you would be interested in becoming a member of the Garda Reserve. I don't live that far from the border and thought about clicking on it. So I looked through the counties and Northern Ireland is one of the options to choose.

Perhaps this is as the Gardai seem to prospective Reserve Members from Northern Ireland. There is one Reserve from NI in my station and there was another attending for interview / written test back when I did mine a long time ago? Most (not all I know) residents in the 6 counties would be within an hour of a Garda Station.....

Advertisement