Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for current accounts?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I haven't been able to find any other threads on this but please let me know if there are! From your experience which bank do you think is best for opening a current account in? What are your experiences with Online banking, intrest rates and Visa Debit cards in different banks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

AIB don't do visa debit cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

either do BOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Ulster Bank trumps PTSB for me - I'd never go back. Aren't they the only two doing visa debit at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

pow wow wrote: »
    Ulster Bank trumps PTSB for me - I'd never go back. Aren't they the only two doing visa debit at the moment?

yeah but i think BOI are going down the visa debit card direction middle of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

yeah but i think BOI are going down the visa debit card direction middle of this year?

Yeah they are.

Ulster are the best option, no sneaky fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 1rishguy

GarRoIT wrote: »
    I haven't been able to find any other threads on this but please let me know if there are! From your experience which bank do you think is best for opening a current account in? What are your experiences with Online banking, intrest rates and Visa Debit cards in different banks?

Ulster Bank is the one to go for. The rest have borrowed 70 Billion of us to keep them going. (Excluding NIB)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Has to be ulster bank for me, moved to them after Halifax left and have never had any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

1rishguy wrote: »
    Ulster Bank is the one to go for. The rest have borrowed 70 Billion of us to keep them going. (Excluding NIB)
    Ulster Bank are owned by RBS and they're not in the bets of shape what with getting a bailout from the British govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Sure ain't everyone doing it, it's the norm :-)

Advertisement