Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with shower in bath

• 10-02-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

the flow of is fine when it is coming through the tap but when i pull the switch up for water to come through the shower head and hold it up the flow is very poor and the switch eventually falls back down and the water flows through the tap again.
    i removed the shower head and the water seemed to flow better through just the tube/pipe that connects to the shower head,is it just a problem with the shower head and if i replace that will that slove the problem of the switch falling back down and improve the flow?
    surely i wont have to replace the whole tap will i?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

normally the plunger will drop back down if there is not enough pressure to hold it up, what is stopping the pressure will either be the hose kinked inside or the head clogged up, or a combination of both most likely. Put the head in the diswasher or a mix of vinegar and baking soda I think it is to clean it out, replace the hose and try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ooter

Sparkpea wrote: »
    normally the plunger will drop back down if there is not enough pressure to hold it up, what is stopping the pressure will either be the hose kinked inside or the head clogged up, or a combination of both most likely. Put the head in the diswasher or a mix of vinegar and baking soda I think it is to clean it out, replace the hose and try that.

ah that's a relief,thanks a lot for the reply sparkpea.kind of suspected that but just thought i'd make sure.don't mind replacing the shower head/hose/both to be honest,shouldn't cost too much to do that.
    might give the vinegar/baking soda a go,don't have a dishwasher.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I just want to throw caution.... Normally down south when a diverter falls down its because of insufficent pressure...ie a high pressure mixer has been fitted to a low pressure system.

Are you live in a flat or house

Do you have a pump fitted.

That looks like a standard mixer and if you bought it down here its most likely low pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ooter

I just want to throw caution.... Normally down south when a diverter falls down its because of insufficent pressure...ie a high pressure mixer has been fitted to a low pressure system.

Are you live in a flat or house

Do you have a pump fitted.

That looks like a standard mixer and if you bought it down here its most likely low pressure.
    I'm in a house.
    Didn't know there was such a thing as a high pressure/low pressure mixer.
    So are you saying you reckon I have a low pressure mixer connected and the water flow/pressure is low?
    As I said,the flow seems fine when it comes through the tap so is the pressure low or high?
    Do you reckon I would need to get a high pressure mixer?
    How easy/hard are they to replace?
    I tried the shower head in a friends shower and it worked fine,I used vinegar on it and pricked all the holes with a tooth pick.haven't had a chance to try it in my own bathroom yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Try it first, after the descaling and see how it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement