Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Singer/ songwriter and guitarist seeks musicians to form band

• 10-02-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm a singer-songwriter, been doing the rounds as a solo artist but want to start a band. I have all the songs, just need some help to play them live. Plan to practice in Dublin.

I also have a Degree in Music Tech. Planning on making this my career. I have good links in the business just need to refocus.

Ideally you'll be in your twenties.

Sound I'd be going for is indie - like The Walkmen, Girls, The Shins, The Love Language, The National, Interpol.

I have some solo stuff on Myspace, this is not necessarily the sound I'd be going for but is a small indicator.

www.myspace.com/johnhynesmusic

Planning on gigging in the coming months, organising a gig with a couple of other bands in Whelans or somewhere in the summer and possibly releasing an EP later this year.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Phazer

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ruthballysface

Hi there,

Just listened to your music there. Liked the folkyness of it.

I'm a female singer and intermediate guitar player. I'm good with harmonies but I'm not too sure if I would be good enough so let me know what your looking for.

Also.. this comes to mind for me so let me know if you think it's good or too folky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFag_wa59c

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭readytorock

hey

im 23 and i sing. If ur interested i cud meet up wit u to see if its wat ur lookin for and go from there!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sambos

Hi John,
    I am in a similar position, 29yr old singer/songwriter.I play guitar,bass and piano, and I am also thinking of getting a band together, have a listen to my myspace url...www.myspace.com/andyphelanmusic and
    see if Id suit your genre

Cheers
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joheidhin

bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 joheidhin

lots of interest, no harm in some more. Different songs on myspace now.

Advertisement