Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOUND: Wedding Story Book/Album

• 10-02-2011 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Found someones wedding story book and being recently married myself, I know i would be sad if i thought i had lost it. Have no clue where to start in finding a home for it so thought i would give this a try!

All the info i have is that it was found in an apartment in Waterford (off the Dunmore Road) and the bride and grooms names are Sharon and James and they were married on 4th April 2009. I know it's not much to go on but if anyone knows a couple by this name who got married then please get in touch. It is a really lovely thing and i would love to be able to get it to its rightful owner :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Any chance of matching the photos to a location such as a local hotel, if you can they might know who it belongs to as they would have had the booking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Cabaal wrote: »
    Any chance of matching the photos to a location such as a local hotel, if you can they might know who it belongs to as they would have had the booking

That's a very good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mrs o

On closer inspection i have found some more clues...
    there is a tiny photo on the order of service and it looks like it says "Church of the Holy Cross, Adare" but it tiny writing. There is another pic of bride and groom outside a building which says "Vokes" above the door, the building is painted bright blue and the sign is red

Given the situation I'm sure the bride/groom wouldn't mind you putting up a few photos. Maybe the ones that show any kind of a background of the church or reception? If you were worried you could always just use ms paint to block out any faces.

If I had lost mr album i would certainly be delighted if you did it.

Edit: of course if you don't have access to a scanner it's difficult. , I did a google of church*of*the*holy*cross*adare and I didn't find anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Send an email to the ray darcy show. This is right up their street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

mrs o wrote: »
    On closer inspection i have found some more clues...
    there is a tiny photo on the order of service and it looks like it says "Church of the Holy Cross, Adare" but it tiny writing. There is another pic of bride and groom outside a building which says "Vokes" above the door, the building is painted bright blue and the sign is red

I'm from around that area... Adare is in county Limerick and Vokes is a gift shop there on the main street..

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Jshannow, any chance you could get the phone number of the parish priest up there & PM it to the OP and she could ring him & see if he could help.

fair play to you mrs 0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

. . . there is a tiny photo on the order of service and it looks like it says "Church of the Holy Cross, Adare" but it tiny writing. . .

It's probably "Holy Trinity" not "Holy Cross"
    comeraghs wrote: »
    Jshannow, any chance you could get the phone number of the parish priest up there & PM it to the OP and she could ring him & see if he could help.

fair play to you mrs 0!

Adare Parish (Catholic) contact details here:
    http://www.limerickdiocese.org/parishes/adare.htm
    gives details of Parish priest, retired priest and parish council contact person.

The photo is not from the Church of Ireland, as their church is called St.Nicholas'.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

emanresu wrote: »
    It's probably "Holy Trinity" not "Holy Cross"

Adare Parish (Catholic) contact details here:
    http://www.limerickdiocese.org/parishes/adare.htm
    gives details of Parish priest, retired priest and parish council contact person.

The photo is not from the Church of Ireland, as their church is called St.Nicholas'.

Yep done... and thanks emanresu

Be a great little story if we managed to reunite them.

• Advertisement

I have phoned the church and explained my random query, the lady found people of that name married there in april so let's hope it is them!!! I will update you later. We will all get a our reward...Great detective work everyone! I am new to this boards and I LIKE IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FadeStGal

I'd be careful with this one guys.

The couple could well have seperated/divorced.

Think about it...

If it was yours, would you really misplace it like that?? No.

More than likely it was discarded in an attempt to push bad memories aside.

Contacting them could do more damage than good.

FSG X

FadeStGal wrote: »

Think about it...

FSG X

that's an interesting point but at the sane time I don't think the OP contacting someone will cause a breakdown. I personally think it's worth trying as I can see a number of ways how a album could be missplaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Think about it...

FSG X

or the house got broken into. They took whatever they seen. Decided after a proper look through everything that they don't want to keep someone's wedding book so throw it somewhere.

Is the wife hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

seanybiker wrote: »
    Is the wife hot?

One would presume so on her Wedding day, even my one looked hot that day :D

Funfair wrote: »
    One would presume so on her Wedding day, even my one looked hot that day :D
    Ah ya be surprised..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Think about it...

FSG X

Normally Trolling doesn't bother me, but I think this is sick.

If someone wanted to discard something why would they leave it to be found. Why not burn or shred it?

The OP is a good person just doing the right thing. Someone somewhere is up in a heap. They probably brought the album to show a friend or family and lost it. They'll be delighted to get it back.

Trying to persuade the OP not to help that person, just so you can get your trolling kicks, is disturbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FadeStGal

dayshah wrote: »
    Normally Trolling doesn't bother me, but I think this is sick.

If someone wanted to discard something why would they leave it to be found. Why not burn or shred it?

The OP is a good person just doing the right thing. Someone somewhere is up in a heap. They probably brought the album to show a friend or family and lost it. They'll be delighted to get it back.

Trying to persuade the OP not to help that person, just so you can get your trolling kicks, is disturbed.

:eek:

What is it with this place at the moment? Disturbed?? Excuse you!!

I was merely warning the OP that they might get a less positive reaction than they might expect.

What they are doing is a great thing imo.

Seany with the 'thanks' for this post too :rolleyes:

Yes I thank posts that I agree with. None of your business what I thank anyways. I didn't agree with the trolling part but now its obvious your just trolling.
    I can't see the op getting into trouble for trying to return something. If the .person has a problem with it I'm sure the op can ignore the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Go for it, i am married and if i lost mine it would be great to get it back. Even if they have separated they may still want it.

If its a dead end with the church, check the register of electors for there name and address.

• Advertisement

Mixed reactions to this, i didn't mean to cause a fight :( i didn't post any pics just incase the couple were separated or worse so i just left my number with the church and said that if they did manage to get hold of the person and they wanted it back they could contact me, i think that is acceptable. Thanks to all for your input

Cool cool fair play to ya. Hopefully they get it back

Mixed reactions to this, i didn't mean to cause a fight :( i didn't post any pics just incase the couple were separated or worse so i just left my number with the church and said that if they did manage to get hold of the person and they wanted it back they could contact me, i think that is acceptable. Thanks to all for your input

Well done,

Hope it all works out and let us know if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hope ya get the album back to the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Great stuff mrs O;). I'll have a word with Dad about you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Daysha, if you have a problem with a post, please report it rather than accusing people of trolling and taking the thread off topic.

FadeStGal and Seanybiker this is the second thread I've seen you two derail today bickering with each other. If you dislike each other you can always put one another on your ignore list and not have to read any posts you find annoying. Please do that, rather than bickering every time you interact.

OP, If you've confirmed that the pictures were taken in Adare, it may be an idea to check out the Limerick forum as well. Hopefully the church will be able to contact the couple so you can return the book to them.

takola wrote: »
    Daysha, if you have a problem with a post, please report it rather than accusing people of trolling and taking the thread off topic.

FadeStGal and Seanybiker this is the second thread I've seen you two derail today bickering with each other. If you dislike each other you can always put one another on your ignore list and not have to read any posts you find annoying. Please do that, rather than bickering every time you interact.

another mod already sorted the problem out cheers for the ignore tip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

seanybiker wrote: »
    or the house got broken into. They took whatever they seen. Decided after a proper look through everything that they don't want to keep someone's wedding book so throw it somewhere.

Is the wife hot?
    She used to be hot, then she got married.....

For those of you who kindly helped with my mission to reunite said wedding album with its owner you'll be pleased to know that i got a call from a girl today who used to live in Waterford and now Dublin and this belongs to her, it was her sisters wedding and the photo book was a precious present her sister gave her to treasure the memories, she was gutted that she thought it was gone forever, she didn't know that there was a following on boards but was very grateful to everyone who had tried to help. She is meeting me next week to get it back...........awwww........:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

For those of you who kindly helped with my mission to reunite said wedding album with its owner you'll be pleased to know that i got a call from a girl today who used to live in Waterford and now Dublin and this belongs to her, it was her sisters wedding and the photo book was a precious present her sister gave her to treasure the memories, she was gutted that she thought it was gone forever, she didn't know that there was a following on boards but was very grateful to everyone who had tried to help. She is meeting me next week to get it back...........awwww........:p

Nice one, a good end to this story!!

Advertisement