Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Circumstances/ Professional Opinion Form?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just got my exam results now I'm a repeat student basically i failed a ca part of exam even though i handed in the thing in september. I am angry about this because time and time again i've let the instiute know about my personal circumstances which have adversely affected my studies! This is an ongoing matter which has hindered my progression in college over the past year and a half, my doctor can fill out a professional opinion form for the college no problem as he is aware of the situation. They don't seem to be aware or even care about this when marking me?? Do i have to remind DIT everytime i hand in an assignment of my situation or is it a case of like it or lump it?? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Yes, you do need to submit a PC1 form for each marked element you want to be considered which you feel may suffer from personal circumstances. You can't submit a PC1 form retrospectively either - if you are submitting it for an assignment it must be submitted on the submission date as part of the assignment, if it's for an exam it must be submitted no later than the day after sitting the exam.

Have you talked to your course co-ordinator or head of school? Or even drop into the Students Union offices for advice. You should sit down and clearly let them know the situation. In any of the cases I've come across, including a few of my own, a PC1 form simply means they will let you resit any of the sections you failed without affecting your degree award or grade averages. If its a longer term issue then you need to make this clearly known to them as it may not be of any use to you for them to just let you retake the module or exam if the circumstances are still not resolved come repeat time.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Advertisement