Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee races

Options
  • 10-02-2011 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi people just wondering am i the only one that misses going to the tralee races every year. I know they have bought back point to point meetings there but its not the same. Does anyone know what the story with that supposed development is it going ahead or what. And if not why arent the people of tralee fighting for the races to be brought back or even a new course tralee misses it badly. Anyone agree with me in this

Should Tralee Races be bought back or not 5 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    80%
    mike2084skeleton_boyrescue16ckerryman 4 votes
    Yes but with a new venue
    20%
    Yakult 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Yes but with a new venue
    Wasnt the Rose of Tralee on around the same time?

Why did they cancel it anyway? Was suprised myself to see that it wasnt on.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

The numbers at the gate were decreasing every year. I mean, its no wonder it closed when people living 10 minutes down the road wouldnt go there, but spend 3 or 4 days at the races in Listowel :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

No
    Claasman wrote: »
    The numbers at the gate were decreasing every year. I mean, its no wonder it closed when people living 10 minutes down the road wouldnt go there, but spend 3 or 4 days at the races in Listowel :o
    I agree but in all fairness all they needed to do was upgrade a bit. What really happend was the people involved in the running of it were only interested in getting there share divedend every year and they had no idea about horse racing. There should be new investors there and just update the place and bring down prices especially the food i paid 15 euro one day for a bit of mash and beef and it was rotten. Simple changes would of bringing that place to life .

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

True, it was an expensive day out.

Advertisement