Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Core2Quad Q6600 CPU

Options
  • 10-02-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one of these, preferably new but I'd settle for anything at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

only place i'd know be on amazon or ebay used doubt you'll get em new anymore =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Thanks for that. I've contacted the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Think they're EOL, so second hand is your only option really.

Here's one on adverts, bid for the CPU, you could get a bargain.
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/p-c-parts/303491

Does it have to be a Q6600??

Here's a Q9450 you might get down in price:
    http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/intel-q9450-quad-core-12mb-cache-1333fsb/428779

Unfortunately, I don't have the moola to buy a brand new PC. The Q6600 is the best CPU I can get.

I've already max'd out the RAM etc.

its to go in a Dell E520. Its not an officially supported CPU but people have got it working with the most recent BIOS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't have the moola to buy a brand new PC. The Q6600 is the best CPU I can get.

I've already max'd out the RAM etc.

its to go in a Dell E520. Its not an officially supported CPU but people have got it working with the most recent BIOS.

You don't have to buy a new PC, was suggesting that other CPU's may also work.

The Q9450 is also a socket 775 based quad core (though 45nm). If the BIOS supports it, it would be a great chip for you.

Thanks for the help. From googling it, the consensus seems to be that only up to the Q6700 will work.

Doesn't matter anyway now as I've managed to get my hands on one on ebay.

Thanks everyone.

Just to follow up, in case anyone is interested. I received my CPU today and its now installed and working fine.

Seems a bit quicker now, although hopefully its not just my imagination.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

overclock that badboy and watch it fly

Advertisement