Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Twitter Feed

Options
  • 10-02-2011 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there, I need some help. I am organising a debate and I want to have a projector with a live twitter feed rolling beside it so people can pass comment.

What should I use, I presume I cant use twitter as it wont update automatically.

I need something that will:
    - Update automatically (using # or @ tag)
    - Is it possible to get something that could be moderated, i.e. its an open debate and kids might decide to sabotage and put up stupid things, I need to be able to sit at a desk and remove them.

I think www.paratweet.com does what I want but it costs 80 dollars, which I prefer not to do as its a once off event.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is this not an over use of technology? we've been able to text at debates for years and nobody has asked for texts to be scrolled across a screen.

If it's a debate surely the best thing is to open it to the floor.

If you are able to put tweets on a screen you can be guaranteed that someone will call somebody a "w@=ker" or offer a second hand car for sale.

You'll have to have somebody experienced to moderate and that's time consuming.

Plus if you have a good debate who wants to deal with "anonymous" comments on a screen?

Personally, there's nothing worse than live "conference tweeting".

Probably your best bet is to have the hash tag and read out a few comments at the end.

Advertisement