Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 127: News & Discussion

• 10-02-2011 11:40pm

So far we have a UFC 128 thread and a UFC 129 thread, and even a Couture-Machida thread so I thought I'd get the ball rolling on this one.

Main card
    Welterweight bout: B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch
    Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera
    Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver
    Middleweight bout: Chris Camozzi vs. Kyle Noke
    Preliminary card (ESPN U.K.)
    Lightweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Spencer Fisher
    Preliminary card
    Light Heavyweight bout: James Te-Huna vs. Alexander Gustafsson
    Middleweight bout: Nick Ring vs. Riki Fukuda
    Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Chris Tuchscherer
    Lightweight bout: Maciej Jewtuszko vs. Curt Warburton
    Light Heavyweight bout: Anthony Perosh vs. Tom Blackledge
    Featherweight bout: Zhang Tie Quan vs. Jason Reinhardt

Can't forget this one either :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't paticularly like Bisping, he came accross as a dick on TUF. But I do think he gets a bit too hard a time.
    Jorge Rivera is coming accross a dick. He's a tool, the above video is nonsense and doesn't discuss MMA. Why the fcuk is does he keep harping on about Cyprus? Yes Bisping was born in Cyprus, on a British Military base, which is british soil. Rivera is hardly a true red, white and blue american.

I genuinely don't mind trash talking, it builds the fight. But they should at least talk about the fight, and not the above nonsense. Jorge is clearly just trying to build up his profile on the off chance he gets lucky.

For once i hope Bisping knocks this guy out in the second.

In other UFC 127 news.
    I'll be there :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

BJ v Fitch will be interesting. After that, it's a pretty poor card. (which always turn out to be the best ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Silly question, too early for me to try work out, but what time will this be broadcast over here? Around 11am on Sunday morning?

I'm not sure wat working out you were tryin but it starts 11am local time Sunday, so Will be midnight Irish time. That's first fight so not 100 percent which is first broadcast fight in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Pretty meh card, ill watch it none the less. Pleasure to watch Georgie again, but i think UFC are feeding Siver to the wolves on this one

-Edit- Shouldnt that be sharks? Feeding Siver to the sharks?

• Advertisement

Pretty meh card, ill watch it none the less. Pleasure to watch Georgie again, but i think UFC are feeding Siver to the wolves on this one

Don't count him out, did you see his performance against Andre Winner?

Might have a spare ticket for this, pm if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

RVD420 wrote: »
    Silly question, too early for me to try work out, but what time will this be broadcast over here? Around 11am on Sunday morning?

Last years Australian event was broadcast here at the time it usually is for North American shows, so main event live at 3am GMT. They start it early in Australia so it airs at normal time for America, then they can do a PPV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What do people think of Mark Hunt's chances against Tush? I'd hope Tush would stand and we might get a war but he probably won't bother.

I like Siver a lot and I think he looks better every time we see him, I'll put him down for a TKO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

According to Dana White, the winner of Penn V Fitch is next in line for the title.

I assumed Fitch would get the call up if he won but I'm not sure BJ has earned the right to a title shot at welterweight. Then again, who else is there?

I wonder if GSP will still be WW champ when either Penn/Fitch gets a shot at the title. It would be interesting to see GSP V BJ 3 or GSP V Fitch 2 but it's hard to see those fights going any differently than the first ones. If GSP beats Shields will he vacate the title to pursue a run at the middleweight title? Dana already suggested that GSP V Silva would be in the works if GSP beats Shields. Will he vacate the title if he wins? If so, who does Fitch/Penn get to fight for a title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

I can't imagine BJ Penn having any more success than last time if fights GSP again.
    Hmmmm. I'd say they want to make sure there's a big enough gap between any title shots and the GSP/Silva fight. Too much risk of it being derailed if something goes wrong close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Shazbot wrote: »
    According to Dana White, the winner of Penn V Fitch is next in line for the title.

I assumed Fitch would get the call up if he won but I'm not sure BJ has earned the right to a title shot at welterweight. Then again, who else is there?

I wonder if GSP will still be WW champ when either guy fights or will he have moved to MW or lost to Shields.

Should GSP get past Shields he has no business @ 170.Put him up to 185

Should GSP beat Shields, there's no doubt he'll move up to 185. And in doing so he'll vacate the title, he has already said that any move to 185 would be a permanent one.

Sure look at who they have up next for the title, 2 guys he not only beat but beat convincingly! I'd be interested to see who Zuffa give the other slot to in a vacant title match. It might seem unlikely, but i reckon a win for Chris Lytle in his next fight would put him up there.

I think had Carlos Condit not had to pull out of their fight, the winner of Lytle v Condit would definitely meet the winner of Penn v Fitch for a vacant title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

If GSP moves up then I can see Fitch taking over and being just as dominant to be honest. Guy's incredible, really don't think he gets the credit he deserves. I know some people will say he's boring but I'm usually glued to the screen watching how dominant he is. Number 4 P4P in the world for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

seadnamac wrote: »
    If GSP moves up then I can see Fitch taking over and being just as dominant to be honest. Guy's incredible, really don't think he gets the credit he deserves. I know some people will say he's boring but I'm usually glued to the screen watching how dominant he is. Number 4 P4P in the world for me.
    If GSP Vacates the title id like to see Thiago Alves Vs Koscheck and the winner fights the winner of Penn V Fitch

Or how about a welterweight Grand Prix for the craic!

Whose number 1-3, out of curiosity

Completely agree about Jon Fiych. The guy's an animal!

Who cares if he's boring? it doesnt mean he's not the best!

Mellor wrote: »
    Whose number 1-3, out of curiosity

GSP
    Silva
    Aldo

My opinion only obviously.

If GSP moves up then I can see Fitch taking over and being just as dominant to be honest..... Number 4 P4P in the world for me.
    I
    GSP
    Silva
    Aldo

My opinion only obviously.

I was just wondering, as you said 4th, so was thinking well Silva is prob in top 3.
    Which is wht I found it strange that you thought GSP dominates Silva.

If GSP moves up, I'd expect an epic trilogy from those two, or is that hope for one :D

I

I was just wondering, as you said 4th, so was thinking well Silva is prob in top 3.
    Which is wht I found it strange that you thought GSP dominates Silva.

If GSP moves up, I'd expect an epic trilogy from those two, or is that hope for one :D

I said that??

• Advertisement

I said that??

I'll say it.

GSP beats Shields, he moves up in weight and fights Silva.

GSP dominates Silva.

I said that??
    That's what I thought you meant, that GSP dominates 185 when he moves up. But you were talking about fitch dominating. Which I agree with.

That's what I thought you meant, that GSP dominates 185 when he moves up. But you were talking about fitch dominating. Which I agree with.

I think Fitch has the potential to beat down the whole division and then fight GSP down the line in a superfight after GSP moves up and takes Silva's belt :p I heard Koscheck is disillusioned and hasn't been training since the GSP fight. Apparently it's not due to medical reasons either. Anyone have anymore info about that?

I don't see how fitch fights GSP down the line. GSP is leaving 170 for good, Fitch isn't going to 185 imo.

Koschek is in australia at the moment.

When GSP goes to 185, there's NO WAY Fitch is following! Fitch will be very very happy to be the top dog at 170 for a long long time.

Maybe after 5 or 6 years he'll look for that GSP rematch he wants, but he'd be very foolish!

€20 on Rivera at almost 3/1. Love these odds! Rivera takes it via 2nd round TKO!

100% agree with the MMA Fighting picks Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MrStuffins wrote: »
    €20 on Rivera at almost 3/1. Love these odds! Rivera takes it via 2nd round TKO!

They just for the win or for your prediction?

3/1 are crazy odds just for him to pick up the win. I hope he does, all this trash talking is gonna make him look pretty silly if Bisping gets the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Not a hope

• Advertisement

Bisping is more than able to beat him anywhere in this fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bisping is more than able to beat him anywhere in this fight.
    Not if Jorge has him riled enough to turn it into a brawl.I see Jorge landing hard a couple times and that could be all it takes

Not if Jorge has him riled enough to turn it into a brawl.I see Jorge landing hard a couple times and that could be all it takes

He's 39 and has been off a year. I think people's dislike for Bisping is clouding their judgement on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I see Bisping mauling him here to be quite honest, Mickeys making a statement with this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

I Think if BJ Can Keep the fight standing he has a good chance of winning,another way i think he could win is by using his Savage BJJ From the Top ! :cool:

100% agree with the MMA Fighting picks Link

it's hard to disagree with them picking all the overwheling favourites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

no way is bisping losing that fight, i would give you 4/1

really looking forward to this one, flying up to sydney for it tomorrow for my first ufc.

I think if gsp moves up to 185 for the silva fight that silva will be too strong for him, as much as ì would like to see gsp win

roll on 127

Bisping on Points, Sotoropolis by Sub, Fitch on Points - Treble pays about 9/1.

sonic.trip wrote: »
    no way is bisping losing that fight, i would give you 4/1

People need to stop offering odds on this forum :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weigh-ins live on facebook now

http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-127-weighin/213

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What do people think of Mark Hunt's chances against Tush? I'd hope Tush would stand and we might get a war but he probably won't bother.

Tush is a rubbish fighter. He will get beaten again and eventually released from the UFC.

I think Rivera is going to beat Bisping. Bisping's chin is suspect and Rivera sparked Nate Quarry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Vascular15

unknown13 wrote: »
    Tush is a rubbish fighter. He will get beaten again and eventually released from the UFC.

I think Rivera is going to beat Bisping. Bisping's chin is suspect and Rivera sparked Nate Quarry.

Tuscherer is a decent wrestler and Hunts groundgame and tdd are non existent. I hope Hunt goes back to kickboxing after this, or else calls it a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

I hope Hunt knocks him down and then follows it up with an Atomic Butt Drop - that would be KO of the century!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Bisping on Points, Sotoropolis by Sub, Fitch on Points - Treble pays about 9/1.

Made the same bet myself. Think the accumulated odds I got were something like 10.25/1. Worth a small bet imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gone for bisbing points and fitch points
    works out at a little over 3/1

i see fitch dominating penn the same as gsp
    and bisbing will hardly finish or sub rivera imo
    but should be able to get a clear points win

other than that a small bet on pearson/spencer for fotn at 13/2
    looks a wide open market though

sotir will beat siver and id see that one going on points possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

What time is this on tonight? The usual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ScareGilly wrote: »
    What time is this on tonight? The usual?

yeah
    same as ever
    prelims on at 2 and main event at 3

Can't wait for this now, culminates a weekend of fighting starting with the Irish Senior Nationals and Bamma 5 then UFC :D

mailburner wrote: »
    yeah
    same as ever
    prelims on at 2 and main event at 3

And another 2 fights on Facebook at 1am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ah fu*k nuggits!!!! Tried to watch the facebook stream and it says i need to install something but can't do it in work. sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Who's Staying up For This?

• Advertisement
Advertisement