Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 127: News & Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Very close - I think George takes it though.
    no way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Doh! No way was it 30-27 though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

digme wrote: »
    seber has to win this

siver ;)

he deserved the win, showed great take down defence , really liking his kicks off the front leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I don't understand this. First round was not a 10-8. Sots won 2 and 3.

Stuffing a half attempted take downs doesn't swing a round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

C'MON JORGE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Fair play to Siver, good gameplan and well implemented. Sad to see George falling out of the title picture but I suppose it will ease the bottleneck at the top of the LW division.

Nice money for anyone backing Siver.

scudzilla wrote: »
    C'MON JORGE

no.... :pac:

SDTimeout wrote: »

he really didnt win the third round, lets be honest here

First round could well have been classed as a 10-8 as Sots did fcuk all except land on his arse 2-3 times.

I agree that Round 2 was Sots but Round 3 was clearly Siver's, his takedown defence was awesome, his punches were crisp and clean and connecting, He was throwing in quite a lot of kicks and always moving forward

TechnoPool wrote: »

I will have to re watch it in the morning. I'll never begrudge a fighter a victory even if it's against one of my favorites. The third was the closest and upon rewatching if i do think it went to Siver i could understand judge 1's call of 29-28. 30-27 and 30-28 were a joke though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

I'm biased but I thought that too..
    The third was up for grabs

siver ;)

he deserved the win, showed great take down defence , really liking his kicks off the front leg
    lol was a phonetic attempt at it.
    I had to say i don;'t see George going any further than he is now and maybe this sounds like after timing but he isn't going anywhere soon.

If something won the third round for Siver it was the last 2 minutes. He started throwing more then in terms of kicks that would land as opposed to his strikes.

A Takedown in the third would have won it for George too IMO. A lot of nice fights for Sots now. Mark Bocek or Jim Miller a personal choice.

yeah while the third was close i still think siver won it, threw more, landed more and landed the better shots! shurgged off takedowns aswell.

bye bye whore hey

digme wrote: »
    lol was a phonetic attempt at it.
    I had to say i don;'t see George going any further than he is now and maybe this sounds like after timing but he isn't going anywhere soon.

I'm sorry but George has been one of THE up and comers in the UFC for quite a while. His Stand up and ability to see out a fight on points have come on since his first UFC fight. His boxing looked better this match, just as Goldie and Rogan said if he gets a strong wrestling base behind him now he will be better.

Correct me if i am wrong, training today we done a wrestling style take down. It was first time attempting them, been training around 8-9 months yet i find my BJJ takedowns to be easier. I wonder if it's a case of if you're a BJJ guy you'll find it hard to break away and learn the other aspect of takedowns. Just my personal opinion i found this morning

Wow, thats was so illegal it was nearly legal.

How the fcuk can a trained pro do something like that??

Can see a DQ for sure

fair play to rivera, i thought it was gona be called for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fúcking hell Bisping, that was seriously bad form.

Fair play Jorge.

• Advertisement

Jorge seemed to slow as he came to his knees . Almost he knew an illegal knee was coming.

Same old story with Bisping. Nothing on his punches, no power. And his corner sounds like a dodgy late night episode of Brookside.

Hit him a smack Jorge!

Yeeeow, Gewwon Bisping!

Jorge is a bum, had nothing to offer at all. They need to keep bisping winning though to make them $$$ in the UK

not one ounce of class from bisping though

Technique just seemed to depart him at the end, reminiscent of the types of shots you would see in a school yard fight. When you're really lacing them into someone you don't like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Well, that was f*cking disgusting.

• Advertisement

The guy's still a cock of the highest order

So if we go by the Bisping way of MMA which is :-

1. Beat 2 middle of the road fighters
    2. Get yer arse handed to you by a top fighter
    3. Return to 1

So i guess we're coming up to Number 2 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How little class has Bisping.Would they put him up against somebody worth a damn.Surely they are running out of cans for him to knock over. I'm predicting Sonnen will call him out after this.Go Sonnen never thought i'd say that.

Meh, Bisping picked him apart. With or without the knee
    , Bisping destroyed him.

Total lack of class by Bisping there. Paul Daley was cut for shot after the bell.... I think Bisping has run himself close here tonight and if only he wasn't so marketable.

Bisping and Rivera are both a bag of sh1t. I don't know how that made it to be the co-main event. I hope they give Bisping to Marquart or someone to just put him to sleep again. I wouldn't bother staying up until 6am to watch Anderson Silva play with him and then humiliate him.

I wonder what BJ Penn is going to show up tonight. Hopefully the one that paints everything red.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    The guy's still a cock of the highest order

So if we go by the Bisping way of MMA which is :-

1. Beat 2 middle of the road fighters
    2. Get yer arse handed to you by a top fighter
    3. Return to 1

So i guess we're coming up to Number 2 now

That's usually how everyone's MMA career goes? :confused: Win a few fights, if you lose, go back, win some more fights, lose again, go back, win some more fights..
    Sounds like pretty much everyone except the champions of the weight classes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Christ on a bike Bisping really is lacking some fundamental decencies, no class.
    When he does that you would wonder why Jorge didn't get up from the knee and get him DQ'd. I do wonder who he was shouting at, possibly Dana for not giving him higher opposition hence why he apologised.

Anyway, Lets Scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Could be an awesome main event.

Lets go BJ.

Really can't pick a winner here. Like both of these guys a lot for their different respective styles.

BJ looks P*SSED . Is that the Aura?

C'Mon BJ

Damn he looks up for it too :D:D:D:D

Fitch is possibly the most boring fighted ive seen, at least gsp can get the take downs

Hmm close one.

Fitch is possibly the most boring fighted ive seen, at least gsp can get the take downs

At least Fitch attacks in the guard :rolleyes:

Guess The Space Monkey won :mad:

Wow, i was thinking it might be a draw there near the end of the 3rd alright, fair enough result i guess?

• Advertisement

Bullshit, Fitch definitely won..

John Fitch is good at what he does but it is disgusting to watch.

To ask for a title shot after a draw is pretty embarrassing, especially considering how hard it would be to sell anyway because of his style.

I think a draw was fair, 1st to Bj, 2nd a draw and 3rd was Fitch. Fitch didn't "definately win" anyway, in the second they both had takedowns and BJ probably did more damage in the clinch. The beating in the 3rd might have tainted some peoples view.

Denners wrote: »

To ask for a title shot after a draw is pretty embarrassing, especially considering how hard it would be to sell anyway because of his style.

I think a draw was fair, 1st to Bj, 2nd a draw and 3rd was Fitch. Fitch didn't "definately win" anyway, in the second they both had takedowns and BJ probably did more damage in the clinch. The beating in the 3rd might have tainted some peoples view.

Maynard1_display_image.jpg?1288319534

Maynard1_display_image.jpg?1288319534

I thought some one would post that to be funny, thought there was a bit more sense on this forum though.

I presume you already know but its a totally different situation asking for a title shot after a draw when you were fighting for the title.

Fitch is beautiful to watch, maybe not for you, but for a lot of people he is..

It's not embarrassing at all, I thought he won that fight, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't see how it would be hard to sell.. His first fight against Georges did alright, GSP's fight against Koscheck did grand.

I had the first a draw at best for BJ, 2nd a draw at best for BJ and the 3rd definitely for Fitch. Fitch thought he won, BJ thought Fitch won..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pity Main events aren't mandatory 5 rounds.Fitch won that in 3(in unspectacular fashion admitadely). Fights like this & Machida vs Rampage should be 5 round fights.Very strange interview by BJ.

I thought some one would post that to be funny, thought there was a bit more sense on this forum though.

I presume you already know but its a totally different situation asking for a title shot after a draw when you were fighting for the title.

Daniel has gone to bed, I'm simply taking over ;)

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Fitch is beautiful to watch, maybe not for you, but for a lot of people he is..

It's not embarrassing at all, I thought he won that fight, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't see how it would be hard to sell.. His first fight against Georges did alright, GSP's fight against Koscheck did grand.

I had the first a draw at best for BJ, 2nd a draw at best for BJ and the 3rd definitely for Fitch. Fitch thought he won, BJ thought Fitch won..

He isn't beautiful to watch, I appreciate grappling as much as anyone but he is just dogged, a workhorse who grinds people down. He didn't attempt to even pass once for whatever reason, maybe because he was happy in full guard dropping short shots. As I said, he is good at what he does but he is not easy on the eye at all.

You can't expect a title shot after a draw unless it was blatantly wrong, I don't think it was and you have said so yourself in stating the first 2 rounds could have been a draw.

It is alot more difficult to sell a fight for a 2nd time, you may remember Hendo never got his shot after beating Bisping which he would have definitely got had he not fought Anderson before. It will sell but there is other options which would generate more interest instead of a rematch where GSP will most probably beat him, or so the majority viewers would think.

I think anyone would think they lost after spending 4 and 1/2 mins on your back getting beat up in the last round, but you have to factor in all rounds. Maybe you have an affiliation/bet towards Fitch or that but I think a draw was a fair decision when you take account of the whole fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

I think a draw is a fair result, could possibly have given the second round a draw and the win to Fitch, but its small margins. BJ looked very impressive in the first, a totally different class to Fitch but the same can be said about Fitch in the third. Fitch's ground and pound from guard is unbelievable, really relentless stuff. I'm not really interested in a rematch though, and I don't think either of them put on a performance to suggest that they can deal with GSP over five rounds. Its hard to tell where Fitch goes from here, but there are still some interesting match-ups for BJ at WW if the rematch doesn't go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Have any of you noticed whenever their is an illegal strike (e.g. Bisping's knee to the head) the recipient always acts as if he is seriously injured, even if he was only grazed?

Bit stupid really.

Advertisement