Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 127: News & Discussion

124»

Comments

Well you get "grazed" by a knee to the head and see how great you feel afterwards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Denners wrote: »
    John Fitch is good at what he does but it is disgusting to watch.

To ask for a title shot after a draw is pretty embarrassing, especially considering how hard it would be to sell anyway because of his style.

I think a draw was fair, 1st to Bj, 2nd a draw and 3rd was Fitch. Fitch didn't "definately win" anyway, in the second they both had takedowns and BJ probably did more damage in the clinch. The beating in the 3rd might have tainted some peoples view.
    You can't have a draw in a round unless someone has a point deducted. The judges gave the first two to BJ and gave Fitch 10-8 in the last round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

rivalius13 wrote: »
    You can't have a draw in a round unless someone has a point deducted. The judges gave the first two to BJ and gave Fitch 10-8 in the last round.

Of course you can, whoever told you otherwise is wrong. 10 - 10 is a legitimate score for a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Denners wrote: »
    He isn't beautiful to watch, I appreciate grappling as much as anyone but he is just dogged, a workhorse who grinds people down. He didn't attempt to even pass once for whatever reason, maybe because he was happy in full guard dropping short shots. As I said, he is good at what he does but he is not easy on the eye at all.

Alternatively he was not an idiot who was gonna hand BJ opportunities to sweep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bisping takes lack of class to all new levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bisping takes lack of class to all new levels.

Yeah, did anybody else see him spit at Rivera's cornermen after the fight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, can anyone shine any light on Bisping's "altercation" with a guy at ringside?

While Jorge was recovering from the knee, Bisping seemed to say something to someone at ringside and then give him the finger.

Then when the fight was over he went over to the same guy, gave him sh*t, and the guy was seen jumping up onto the "apron" of the cage.

I was trying to see who it was but couldnt really make it out. Thought he looked a little like Karo from the little I saw.

LOL!!!!

Tuchscherer: Is something hanging in my eye?

Ref: yeah, it's your eyelid

Aussie doctor: No way, your eyelid is hanging off, the cut's too deep you can't continue

UFC Doctor: He's fine, he can continue!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

In all fairness, there's a complete double standard here. If Anderson Silva did that after he beat Chael Sonnen, nobody would have a bad word to say about him.

I don't blame Bisping at all, as much as I dislike the guy, if anyone talked crap about my family I wouldn't think twice about spitting at them..
    If we're talking about his knee, meh, nobody knows if it was deliberate or not apart from Bisping.
    And as for him telling Jorge to get up after it. I think it worked in Bisping's favor that he had talked so much crap before the fight. If he hadn't gotten up, Bisping would've ripped into him after the fight for weeks about how he's a pussy..
    And the fracas after the fight, Bisping said it himself, he got annoyed at all the crap Jorge talked about him, his family and his English roots. I don't blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jamesjoyce

The knee from bisping was completely deliberate. The replays in slow motion, Rivera had both knees on the mat, bisping threw it knowing it was no where near his body and wanted to nail him right in the head. You can't really justify such deliberate unsportsmanship because of the trash talking that went on. It's a sport where trash talking goes along with the fight. Rivera could have said he couldn't continue but been labelled a pussy for doing so. He continued but he's definately at a disadvantage. Once a fighter gets rocked hard in a fight they aren't the same till the fight finishes. Would have been interesting to see how the fight would have panned out without the illegal knee. Bisping is always susceptible to the right hand over the top. Rivera was very tentative in striking after the knee to the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

2jdp6hx.gif

Disgusting and to call Rivera classless in the post fight presser speaks volumes of Bisping.

He is genuine dick this is not for hype,it's him being him.

Spitting at someone is classed as assault in some countries,show him the door Dana and good riddance

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I used to be a fan of Bispings until last night. Irrespective of whether the knee was intentional he had the chance to be the bigger man and leave it in the cage but he had to be a pr*ck about it. That crap has no place in the sport and I hope he gets disciplined. I doubt that this will happen though as Bisping is so "marketable" for the UK audience. Ruined what was otherwise a good night of fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

ScareGilly wrote: »
    In all fairness, there's a complete double standard here. If Anderson Silva did that after he beat Chael Sonnen, nobody would have a bad word to say about him.

I don't blame Bisping at all, as much as I dislike the guy, if anyone talked crap about my family I wouldn't think twice about spitting at them..
    If we're talking about his knee, meh, nobody knows if it was deliberate or not apart from Bisping.
    And as for him telling Jorge to get up after it. I think it worked in Bisping's favor that he had talked so much crap before the fight. If he hadn't gotten up, Bisping would've ripped into him after the fight for weeks about how he's a pussy..
    And the fracas after the fight, Bisping said it himself, he got annoyed at all the crap Jorge talked about him, his family and his English roots. I don't blame him.

Ya what Jorge said was despicable and Bisping had every right to have bad feeling towards him.

However, nothing justifies spitting on somebody, the lowest of the low, I would classify spitting on someone worse than Daley's sucker punch.

I'm trying not to bash the guy but his actions represented those of somebody who is absolute scum to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Bisping should have been DQed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, did anybody else see him spit at Rivera's cornermen after the fight??
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Spitting at someone is classed as assault in some countries,show him the door Dana and good riddance

In fairness he didnt spit anyone just their corner/the ground. Not endorsing just as a matter of record.

drayme wrote: »
    In fairness he didnt spit anyone just their corner/the ground. Not endorsing just as a matter of record.

In fairness you wanna watch it again, he definitely spat forward and AT somebody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

In fairness you wanna watch it again, he definitely spat forward and AT somebody

Watch carefully he spits on the platform:
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2jdp6hx.gif

Doesnt matter THAT much Im just saying, spitting isnt very classy regardless. Then again neither is going after Mike's family.

drayme wrote: »
    Watch carefully he spits on the platform:
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2jdp6hx.gif

Doesnt matter THAT much Im just saying, spitting isnt very classy regardless. Then again neither is going after Mike's family.

Nice Gif

He can clearly be seen walking the edge of the cage to Rivera's corner, finger pointing and mouthing off all the way. When he gets to them he stops and spits in there direction, whether it hit them or not he still spat at them and should face a fine at least.

Bisping was spitting at the guy that played him in the ranger up videos that Jorge made. The guy apparently said something about his family. Thought Bisping should've been DQ'ed too, that knee was too blatant and malicious. He was celebrating it while Jorge was recovering too.

Did anyone else notice the Tushcherer ref looked the spit of Krzysztof Soszynski? Mad that they let him keep going, his eyelid was hanging off ffs.

Think Fitch should've taken the fight 29-27, taking the second round 10-9 and the third 10-8. Would have liked to see a five rounder between them.

Was really surprised at Siver's takedown defense too. One of the best kickboxers in the division with Defense like that is bound to be dangerous. Doubt he'd be able to do it with a power double from the likes of Maynard or Guida though.

Lytle getting smashed was surprising to say the least. Thought that guy was brought in to lose but having an arrow on your chest clearly gives you the power of the cartwheel kick.

People say this card caused more questions than answers but I think if GSP does beat Shields and move up then Fitch-Penn would be a good title match now that there's some build up. Who else is there besides Condit? Winner of Sanchez-Kampmann maybe at a push?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Just after watching this fight again, originally I marked it a draw (10-9, 10-9, 8-10), after watching again I think BJ won the first, Fitch won the second and third. If anything, this strengthens the case for main events to be 5 rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Vitor Belforts twitter

On my way to the airport going back to vegas I am looking forward to fight bisping on may card I need to fight soon I want to get busy

Yeah he said on Facebook this morning too that he wants to fight Bisping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Cool that's a fight i'd like to see. I bet vitor does what hendo did but in half the time.

Cool that's a fight i'd like to see. I bet vitor does what hendo did but in half the time.

Getting KO'd as brutally as he did can affect you a lot though. Bisping could surprise here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I just got round to watching the some of the fights, I was thrilled to see Hunt win, he's still an exciting guy and hopefully the UFC will put him against Barry for his next fight.

I'm not surprised by Siver at all (and I said it back on page 1 :D), he's shown a real willingness to work hard and improve and he gets better every fight. His wrestling isn't good enough yet to beat the best wrestlers out there but at the rate he's going it will be in another few years if the UFC groom him properly.

Haven't seen Fitch and Bisping fights yet but in Bisping's defence the stuff he did was straight after the fight while the adrenaline was still pumping and he was fired up, if he apologized afterwards I can forgive him for this (but I still don't like him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Massive fan of hunt, but anyone think he's taken a few too many hits to the head??

S.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone have the link where Jorge or his cornerman is saying stuff about Bisping's family?

Or if now, what was said exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I think jorge said something like 'all koala bears have STI's' and bisping took it as a reference to his Australian girlfriend, the mother of his kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

jayteecork wrote: »
    Anyone have the link where Jorge or his cornerman is saying stuff about Bisping's family?

Or if now, what was said exactly?

I don't think he said anything directly about his family, Bisping just said that his family saw the videos and saw their father being mocked and it's pissed him off.

I'm not a Bisping fan at all, but had a new found respect for him when he finished Rivera...... then he lost it again as soon as he started acting like the thug he is.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cian68 wrote: »
    I think jorge said something like 'all koala bears have STI's' and bisping took it as a reference to his Australian girlfriend, the mother of his kids
    Buillsh1t.
    It was a clear reference to his girlfriend. As was the maps of Oz and cyprus as a fererence to his GF and were he was born.

Did the broadcast show dana coming up to bisping right after the fight. Guessing he wasn't happy about comments to Jorge and the corner after the KO.

The event was pretty good. There was a few comments from the crowd early on when the fight's slowed. But after a while it was annoying. If fights stopped for even a few seconds some redneck would shout "Bloody do something!"
    After a few times somebody return "Fcking Shut up", met with lots of claps and cheers.

As for the draw, but prediction is that when GSP vacants the title, Fitch-Penn rematch is put on to decide the champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Had a great time at it, will upload some photos when I get the chance. Fitch defo won and BJ was lucky to get the draw, I do like both fighters though so would like to see a rematch. Didnt mind bisping before but think he is a total dick now. dissapointed in sots cause he has been doing so well, and Ebersol--what an entertainer :D great to watch

Totally agree with Mellor, you get some real idiots at UFC shouting stupid stuff at the prelims. Really enojyed the whole "show" with the music in between fights and stuff.

only thing I couldn't get used to was the no commentry in between fights, cause I've watched like 50 in a row now on tv :D

sonic

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Had a great time at it, will upload some photos when I get the chance. Fitch defo won and BJ was lucky to get the draw, I do like both fighters though so would like to see a rematch. Didnt mind bisping before but think he is a total dick now. dissapointed in sots cause he has been doing so well, and Ebersol--what an entertainer :D great to watch

Totally agree with Mellor, you get some real idiots at UFC shouting stupid stuff at the prelims. Really enojyed the whole "show" with the music in between fights and stuff.

only thing I couldn't get used to was the no commentry in between fights, cause I've watched like 50 in a row now on tv :D
    sonic

Didn't they have the Radio headsets? The last few events i've been to they sold them in the Arena for about a tenner, even though the Radio on yer phone worked just fine

Didn't they have the Radio headsets? The last few events i've been to they sold them in the Arena for about a tenner, even though the Radio on yer phone worked just fine

didn't see them mate, neverreally thought about it before or the radio. It was grand anyway getting the beers in and watching the fights.

Some of the idiotic comments shouted out were unreal :D

whats going on with the league mate, haven't had much time on here lately?

didn't see them mate, neverreally thought about it before or the radio. It was grand anyway getting the beers in and watching the fights.

Some of the idiotic comments shouted out were unreal :D

whats going on with the league mate, haven't had much time on here lately?

Fantasy just stopped, i mean theystopped doing it, prob gonna wait for a short while as they said they're revamping it. Will let everyone know when something comes up

Fantasy just stopped, i mean theystopped doing it, prob gonna wait for a short while as they said they're revamping it. Will let everyone know when something comes up

real pain in the ass, gues we wll just have to wait and see :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:D:D:D

To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it'll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I'm charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other's company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I'd suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can.

Thanks ever so much.
    Hope all is well.
    -Chael Sonnen

Seems like Chael wants Bisping too...

DrPhilG wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Seems like Chael wants Bisping too...

Chael is being very smart! Keeping himself in the minds of Joe Silva and of the fans. he knows he can talk his way into fights and he also now knows that Bisping is likely to bite if onnen pushes him.

A slagging match between Sonnen and Bisping would be an awesome way of hyping a fight and keeping Sonnen in the title picture. Especially since UFC have always had a policy of letting fighters see out their suspensions and never mentioning the controversies again.

As much as I kinda dislike Chael, I would be behind him 100% in a fight against "Spitsping"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nick Ring wins a decision versus that Riki Fukuda(?) guy? What in the world? Sometimes i wonder if the judges get swayed by the higher-ups in the UFC...Glad that Tiequan Zhong won his fight, nice to see some umcommon nationalities do well in the UFC
    Very impressed by Penn in the first and half of the second round, but he faded fast and just kinda gave up, lucky to get the draw. Decent card overall

a2y5i.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nick Ring wins a decision versus that Riki Fukuda(?) guy? What in the world? Sometimes i wonder if the judges get swayed by the higher-ups in the UFC...Glad that Tiequan Zhong won his fight, nice to see some umcommon nationalities do well in the UFC
    Very impressed by Penn in the first and half of the second round, but he faded fast and just kinda gave up, lucky to get the draw. Decent card overall

I thought I read somewhere that Dana was pretty p***ed off with the judging in the Fukuda fight, let me see if I can find the quote

Edit: here we go, off his twitter
    Judges f**king suck again!! Fukuda got robbed!!!
    6:23 PM Feb 26th via web

the censoring is mine of course :D

Edit 2: and he also paid Fukuda his win money

• Advertisement

I hate when people start trying to link bad judging decisions with the "higher ups" in the UFC.

There's not a hope that Dana or any of the execs wish to rob fighters of wins. And there's no way that any of the execs would even suggest to a judge that they should sway one side rather than the other.

Yeah, a few people commented to me that the music between fights was very good. Stuff you'd easily get on a saturday night out.

Don't think that was the case last year

They had the radios for sale from the stalls. I must remeber to bring my radio on my phone next time

Mellor wrote:

They had the radios for sale from the stalls. I must remeber to bring my radio on my phone next time

Exactly, don't be wasting cash on a radio that has a 6hr battery life, yer mobile will pick it up as it's an FM signal

I love the whole experience of being at a UFC show.

The best part of the build up is the Baba O'Reilly video........... it's worth the entrance money alone!

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, a few people commented to me that the music between fights was very good. Stuff you'd easily get on a saturday night out.

Don't think that was the case last year

They put on a great show for your money, I was in the silver section $100, thought the view was pretty good. facilities in the Acer were really good as well.

must bring the headset for the radio to the next UFC, lets hope its not another year til its back in Australia :D

Was all the silver on the upper level. We were in a middle of a stand, and it was a pain going to the toilets, bar, so we moved to the front to the free seat behind the screens
    Grand view

Advertisement