Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic TZ8 POOR PICTURE QUALITY

• 10-02-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all,

Recently bought a Panasonic TZ8 camera. Lots of reviews about sharpness of picture and quality etc.
    Don't know much about maual settings etc. so i am using it in "Intelligent auto mode".
    I have transfered my first set of pics to my PC but the quality doesn't seem to be great. The pics look slightly out of focus or lacking sharpness. I noticed straight away, and considering that I have changed from using a very simple 5mp fujifilm this is very disappointing.
    Can anyone give me advice on how to improve this, or is it just a setting issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Always better to see the pictures, get yourself an account at www.pix.ie and upload some of the pictures and you can post them up to get a better answer to your question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Put the camera on a level surface - or tripod if you have one - set it pointing at something, set the self timer and let it take a shot without you touching it.

Look at the resulting pic. If it looks sharp and of the quality you were expecting, that could mean that the other shots may have suffered from camera shake from being hand held.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

rookie76 wrote: »
    Don't know much about maual settings etc. so i am using it in "Intelligent auto mode".

As BorderFox suggested, posting some pictures will help alot. Either pix or flickr.

I've a Panasonic ZS3 (TZ7), along with the rest of my gear, and never use the iA settings. For me, the camera takes too long looking at the picture and doing it's calculations before firing the shutter. The "normal picture" (red camera on the dial) settings are much the same, with automated exposure, but none of the fancy stuff.

Check that the lens is clean (clean with a lens cloth or micro-fibre cloth), and that you're settings are for picture size and quality are at the max.

My TZ7 is surprisingly good (for a P&S), and the optical zoom is great.

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rookie76

Thanks all. I'll try some of your advice and will post results. I'm sure it's not the camera but just the settings. I'll also try and get some sample pics up over next few days

Advertisement