Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I claim rent allowance NOW for the past 4 years?

Options
  • 11-02-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Would anyone know if I can send in the forms, and claim rent allowance for the past 4 years now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

No, you can only claim it back for when you started applying ! Sure otherwise everyone could do that yano...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭MissJustice

I have never claimed it in the past, but am wondering after the budget of 2010, and all that, can I claim rent allowance back since 2007?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

I wouldnt think so...............

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Would anyone know if I can send in the forms, and claim rent allowance for the past 4 years now?
    you would have to go back to landlord and get a letter with your starting date until today, and i cant see you getting your rent allowance back dated that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 countknickers

Hi MissJustice,

Do you mean Rent Allowance as in Social Welfare or Rent Relief as in your Taxes??

If it is the later then yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

goat2 wrote: »
    you would have to go back to landlord and get a letter with your starting date until today, and i cant see you getting your rent allowance back dated that much

edit; this post relates to rent relief.

Its very very simple, no letters etc needed, you dont even need exact dates, i claimed for 3 previous years and of course i couldn't remember the dates i moved in or out, so i just guessed. Seen i had been renting continually, it didn't really mater.
    You can do it all at www.revenue.ie
    Dont forget to claim for refuse collection too.

Advertisement