Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert english comparative

• 11-02-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

okay so its 70 marks for the comparative section on paper 2, im told examiners will mark 25 marks per A4 page if all is correct, so how long should the comparative be around 3-4 a4 pages?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Who told you 25 marks per A4 page? Was it posted on boards? I posted something similar to that recently. It's not a rule, it's just a way to gauge how long your answer should be.

Technically speaking if you were an excellent writer you could pull it off in 2.5 - 3 pages. But realistically you will need 4-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Who told you 25 marks per A4 page? Was it posted on boards? I posted something similar to that recently. It's not a rule, it's just a way to gauge how long your answer should be.

Technically speaking if you were an excellent writer you could pull it off in 2.5 - 3 pages. But realistically you will need 4-5.

ye i heard it off someone here recently, probably you :rolleyes:

thats grand, the comparitive is my weakest part of the whole exam, i know what question is coming up in my mock tommorow so that helps abit, I'll have around 3 pages and a bit on it so not to bad anyways, will work on it for the leaving :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

can any one give advice on the comparative.I find it really hard comparing Billy Elliot , The Plough and The Stars and how many miles to babylon

Advertisement