Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa activation

Options
  • 11-02-2011 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi guys
    long time lurker first time poster kind of thing.
    i got my permanent residence visa granted for myself the wife and 3 kids a while back.
    but time is running out and we must be in australia before the end of march as required by the visa conditions. now it dosn't suit to emigrate just yet and probably not until nov/dec tbh.
    if we go to australia for a 2 week holiday will this be good enough to activate the visa?, and as i understand allow us another 2yrs to complete our emigration, is this true?

also seeing as the visa was got under my name (as in i was the main applicant) would it be enough just for me to travel to australia for a holiday and this would activate all the rest of the familys visas that were granted in my application?

any info would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yes from what I know its called a validation trip.

This sholud be listed on the grant letter on the 175.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maryduff

hi zambia
    thanks for the reply, i was thinking that you could do a validation trip allright. but i guess what i really want to know is, would it be good enough just for me to go on my own?
    would this be sufficient to activate the visas for the rest of the family?
    as i don't want to have to waste money on transporting the family over and back a few times.
    i have searched the immi site but couldn't find a proper answer to this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah as Zambia said as long as you enter Australia before the activation date is up your fine. You can then take your time as to when you want to migrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I would be careful with this as I think all must validate before the required initial entry date shown on the visa label, and the main applicant must enter Australia before other applicants.

try typing does the whole family need to validate visa? into google and see what it brings up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Seriously this is on your grant letter , I think its the whole family.

You should check it. For example on each passports Gold Visa sticker it reads must enter Australia before X date. Not the primary applicant must enter etc.

These are the sort of questions I really hate answering because the repercussions of mistakes are really serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maryduff

I would be careful with this as I think all must validate before the required initial entry date shown on the visa label, and the main applicant must enter Australia before other applicants.

try typing does the whole family need to validate visa? into google and see what it brings up.

hi again
    i went with mandrakes suggestion, and after reading through various other forums on the subject it would seem fairly conclusive that the whole family must validate their individual visas. which ever family member dosn't validate gets their visa withdrawn, and then i can reapply for them as a parent/spouse.

its a bit of a bummer really spend 5-6k on flights +holiday expenses, or spend another 4-5k reapplying for visas.

looks like we are going to australia for a holiday in about 4weeks time.

anyhow thanks for the replys and help guys
    greatly appreciated
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Yep the whole family need to validate I am afraid, we had to do it a few years ago with a holiday and then make the proper move last year!!

Advertisement