Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which jeans for the bike?

• 11-02-2011 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Right guys.

I wanna get a pair if jeans for the bike. (Draggin Jeans etc.)

What are the best brand?. Money aint an issue as i dont put a price on safety.

Also... wheres the best place to buy them?

Cheers in advance for the replies lads :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

I don't know which are the best but I have a pair of Draggin' Jeans and if you're getting them I think that protective padding that straps to your legs that you could wear under any trousers (Kevlar lined or otherwise) would be far superior than the padding that velcros to the inside of the jeans. It doesn't feel at all like it would stay in place in the event of an off.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

Over the years I have had a few different brands including Draggin and I have found Sertso by far the best for comfort. I also can’t put my finger on it but I feel safer in them over others I have tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why am I getting Devavu here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Right guys.

I wanna get a pair if jeans for the bike. (Draggin Jeans etc.)

What are the best brand?. Money aint an issue as i dont put a price on safety.

Also... wheres the best place to buy them?

Cheers in advance for the replies lads :D

Then buy some leathers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Then buy some leathers!

Was waiting for that.

You could also become a recluse and wrap yourself in bubblewrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

seanybiker wrote: »
    Was waiting for that.

You could also become a recluse and wrap yourself in bubblewrap

I have no problem with what people wear, it's up to them. But if they are concerned with safety then leathers are the way to go!

I have no problem with what people wear, it's up to them. But if they are concerned with safety then leathers are the way to go!
    I know yeah I was only messing with ya. Few of the lads I hang around with used to laugh because I wore leather pants. Didn't bother me at all. I would laugh at them if I slid down the road beside them. Few women in the pub had no problem with.an odd pinch here or there either which was ok when the woman was young enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Then buy some leathers!

I have leathers, I have Textiles, I WANT Kevlar Jeans. :D

7ofBrian wrote: »
    I have leathers, I have Textiles, I WANT Kevlar Jeans. :D
    can ya get the urban camo with padding or whatever in them? Or is it only blue jeans ya can get. Gotta look fashionable like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

seanybiker wrote: »
    can ya get the urban camo with padding or whatever in them? Or is it only blue jeans ya can get. Gotta look fashionable like.

camos-urban-mcu-front.jpg
    Just be careful that car drivers can see you in when riding in urban areas:D

Sorry about the small size of the pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Del2005 wrote: »

Cant see any pic......is there a pic.......:p

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Loads of companies do them now, (Joe Rocket, Richa, the now defunct Frank Thomas) but check to see how much of the kevlar fabric there is inside them. The Sartso ones are the best ones Ive seen, its complete coverage. Some of the others only have a layer on the outside of the leg.

Del2005 wrote: »

cool beans. The pic is smaller than the battery indicator on my phone but at least I know they're available. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk

Crash tested, still wearing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I think all those kevlar jeans look a bit daft - like you work in an American tattoo parlour. I've tried the Sartso and the Draggin ones and didn't like the look or feel of them - I prefer leathers though.

Its probably an age thing.

'cptr

Advertisement