Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Person injured in Cork Air Crash

• 11-02-2011 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Seems a Waterford person was injured in today's crash in Cork. Here's hoping the injuries are not serious.

Thoughts and prayers with everyone who has suffered a loss or injury in what is a huge tragedy!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

According to reports here, the chap, Donal Walsh aged 22 from John's Hill in the city, walked away from it with one other woman having only minor injuries.. someone somewhere was looking out for him, a very lucky lucky guy.

Link

My condolences to all the families who lost loved ones in the crash..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I nearly choked when I found out who it was! He was in my class for all secondary and we play football every few weeks! I hope he makes a speedy recovery and is back playing football asap!

He was actually on the way back from a christian's conference so no doubt his beliefs will be reinforced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

AdMMM wrote: »
    I nearly choked when I found out who it was!

Me too! He text to say he was fine, all things considered. Heres wishing him a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

God it always hits closer to home when you know people who know the chap. Hope he has a speedy recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

There was somebody definitely looking after him, to walk away from that, hope he makes a good recovery and RIP to the victims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

He is a very lucky man, nothing to do with "anyone looking out for him"!
    Sympathy for those who lost their lives...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

He was actually on the way back from a christian's conference so no doubt his beliefs will be reinforced!

The 6 people who died must have been non-Christians then were they? and God decided he wouldn't bother saving them?

Dan133269 wrote: »
    The 6 people who died must have been non-Christians then were they? and God decided he wouldn't bother saving them?

Admmm didn't remotely say that. It's a valid point that if the poor chap who was hurt is very spiritual then surviving a plane crash would more then likely enforce his beliefs.

Who the hell are any of us to say otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

He looks kinda familiar. He may do the lotto now.

I didn't for a second suggest that and am quite frankly shocked by your tone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FadeStGal

:eek:

Out of order. Quoted for Mods to deal with.

ziedth wrote: »
    Admmm didn't remotely say that. It's a valid point that if the poor chap who was hurt is very spiritual then surviving a plane crash would more then likely enforce his beliefs.

Who the hell are any of us to say otherwise.

I'm genuinely happy that people survived the crash and I think it's awful that some died. However, how would surviving a disaster strengthen your belief system? I'm asking from a point of view whereby you must question why the victims were not spared also.

Now I understand that this is often the case, after the tsunami in 2006, numerous people affected by the disaster who lost everything, every family member, their homes, everything, they said their faith in God had been strengthened. I just can't understand why. AdMM, what would be the situation if 1 of the victims was a Christian? which is more than likely I would say. Why would some Christians be spared and others not?

FadeStGal wrote: »

It's already quoted and the person wasn't saying they died because maybe they where not religious.

Quote for mods to deal with posts really make me wanna stand on someone's throat. Can't believe I find something so stupid like that to be extremely annoying

I didn't for a second suggest that and am quite frankly shocked by your tone!

What did you suggest then? Did you not mean that God had saved him? That's what I took it to mean. And what tone? I merely asked 2 questions.
    FadeStGal wrote: »

Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape? How can a question arouse such annoyance?

I'm not treating this situation flippantly, it is a terrible terrible occurrance for people to die in a plane crash, it's a horrible way to end life and terrible for the victim's families. I hope the survivor's make a full recovery both physically and mentally. I'm only asking a question in relation to what 1 poster said.

I'm genuinely happy that people survived the crash and I think it's awful that some died. However, how would surviving a disaster strengthen your belief system? I'm asking from a point of view whereby you must question why the victims were not spared also.

Now I understand that this is often the case, after the tsunami in 2006, numerous people affected by the disaster who lost everything, every family member, their homes, everything, they said their faith in God had been strengthened. I just can't understand why. AdMM, what would be the situation if 1 of the victims was a Christian? which is more than likely I would say. Why would some Christians be spared and others not?

I understand where you're coming from but I really don't want this thread to descend into a question of faith. I respect Donal's beliefs, even if I may not agree with them and I fully understand why his faith may be strengthened after this event and I'm not going question that for a second. At the end of the day, I'm delighted he survived this traumatic event with little injury and I'm not going to be critical of whatever way he overcomes the aftermath of this event.

I really don't want to say anymore on this other than to extend my condolences to those not lucky enough to survive and wish all survivors a speedy recovery.

[edit]Just to answer this
    Did you not mean that God had saved him?

No, I was suggesting that Donal himself, as a spiritual person, may come to that conclusion himself. And I won't for a second criticise that because I respect everyone's beliefs.
    [/edit]

I understand where you're coming from but I really don't want this thread to descend into a question of faith. I respect Donal's beliefs, even if I may not agree with them and I fully understand why his faith may be strengthened after this event and I'm not going question that for a second. At the end of the day, I'm delighted he survived this traumatic event with little injury and I'm not going to be critical of whatever way he overcomes the aftermath of this event.

I really don't want to say anymore on this other than to extend my condolences to those not lucky enough to survive and wish all survivors a speedy recovery.

No, I was suggesting that Donal himself, as a spiritual person, may come to that conclusion himself. And I won't for a second criticise that because I respect everyone's beliefs.
    [/edit]

I think this sums it up, as interesting a debate as it maybe this isn't an appropiate fourm and definately isn't the appropiate thread.

Without putting my mod hat on can we just discuss the issue at hand please.

Thanks.

Edit: lads your here long enough to know to use the report post function if you have a problem with a post. So kindly use that and the mods will look into it. I have deleted a couple of posts just to tidy up the thread. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FadeStGal

I don't know whether that latest post was deleted by seany himself or the mods :confused:

Certainly didn't appreciate it though as it was very aggressive and the language was uncalled for. I was half joking by quoting the previous post but I certainly would've been reporting this one.

Particularly no need for it in a sensitive thread. If you want to continue with your bullying tactics, please do it elsewhere.

I won't be taking this thread any further off-topic. It's not appropriate.

FSG X

Yawn. It definitely wasn't me who deleted it. If you have a problem then pm me and give up stupid posts in a thread like this.

Reading the paper there again. Seems them planes don't have the best of history. Yer man looks kinda familiar. Dunno from where though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

[/edit]

AdMMM...I think the point you made above is what Dan questioned. However I, like everyone else here are delighted that he was lucky to walk away and feel sorry for those who didn't!

Alright no need to go on about this further. Hopefully Donal and the other person will have a speedy recover.

Why does it take a full month just for the preliminary report to be done? Seems like a long time to get an answer as to what went wrong with the plane.

• Advertisement

Alright no need to go on about this further. Hopefully Donal and the other person will have a speedy recover.

Why does it take a full month just for the preliminary report to be done? Seems like a long time to get an answer as to what went wrong with the plane.
    suppose there be a few different authorities doing tests etc to find out what happened, then they share evidence and piece it all together. That or they're just slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

While not being a spiritual person at all myself, after seeing the pictures of the plane wreck I certainly wouldn't argue with anyone who called it a miracle that anybody could walk away from that

The poor priest all upset on the news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Its a fair question that Dan asked, if meant in a general way which I think it was and as he pointed out himself I'm sure there were christians among the ppl that died. So to say that Donal's spiritual belief saved him and by contrast not the others doesn't really stand up. But can see how it would strength his beliefs in christianity.

Not that ne1 here was saying that but I think Dan was just making that point.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Its a fair question that Dan asked, if meant in a general way which I think it was and as he pointed out himself I'm sure there were christians among the ppl that died. So to say that Donal's spiritual belief saved him and by contrast not the others doesn't really stand up. But can see how it would strength his beliefs in christianity.

Not that ne1 here was saying that but I think Dan was just making that point.
    that's all picked up from the comment anyways. No malice or anything

Was reading on the Irish Independent today and it said the guy from Waterford was in a car crash in the last year

Had someone from the Mirror make contact with me today looking for information about his family, in particular a phone number for his grandmother. Scumbags.

Had someone from the Mirror make contact with me today looking for information about his family, in particular a phone number for his grandmother. Scumbags.

Some of them reporters are just pure pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

seanybiker wrote: »
    He looks kinda familiar. He may do the lotto now.
    I want him to do MY lotto this weeekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement