Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queit spots for star gazing

Options
  • 11-02-2011 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Moved in 3...2... PLEASE DON'T

All my threads get moved and I thought this was south Dublin specific and not astronomy cos it'll be looking through a sunroof!

So any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Best to get out of the city to avoid light pollution!

Take a run down the M11 to Wicklow, even towards Roundwood. It'd be far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Roundwood (Lough Dan) its still highly affected by the lights in Dublin, you need to go much further away from the city than that.

I reckon Glenmalure has enough mountainous surround to block out most of the light pollution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

There is a spot off the R115 near Sally Gap where I have gone many a time for a midnight drive. It is very remote and has no light polution. Go with a group of friends. We have seen a few joyriders up there before, though we haven´t any problems with them. There is nothing for miles around, so please be safe.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.117577,-6.3019537&z=17&t=h&hl=en

Advertisement