Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live music + Bar in Limerick City?

• 11-02-2011 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey I'm just looking for a few suggestions for a live music venue in limerick...
    I know of Dolans already but it's not really what i'm looking for since usually the gigs there charge an admission fee and you're boxed off upstairs in a room...

I'm newly moved to limerick but i remember being down here about 5-6 years ago and going to a place called the High Stool, it was pretty dark and grungy but at least it was possible to just walk in off the street, order a pint and see who was playing, it seems there aren't many bands playing casual gigs in pubs around here?

Anyway if there are any i'd love to be pointed in the right direction!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Baker Place, one block towards the train station from the stool, on the big square.

oh how I miss the stool

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I was in Cobblestone Joe's in the Old Quarter on Sunday night, there was a band playing (didn't catch their name but they were a rock/blues kinda group, very good) I think they said they are there every Sunday so it might be worth checking whether there's music there any of the other nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I was in Cobblestone Joe's in the Old Quarter on Sunday night, there was a band playing (didn't catch their name but they were a rock/blues kinda group, very good) I think they said they are there every Sunday so it might be worth checking whether there's music there any of the other nights.

I really like that pub, very relaxing and it has a good atmosphere.

Good to see they have live bands on sundays, might have to check that out next time I'm in Limerick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I really like that pub, very relaxing and it has a good atmosphere.

Good to see they have live bands on sundays, might have to check that out next time I'm in Limerick.

+1

When will you be back in town anyway? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Funk Junkies in Nancys on a wednesday night always worth a trip into.

And Yvonne Mc Carthy who often plays Bourkes thursday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

+1

When will you be back in town anyway? :)

The Old Quarter, Smyths and Nancys have bands over the weekend (Blues Band in Nancys on Sunday and trad session in the front bar also). Pier One by Sarsfield's Bridge are doing music now too

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mazzy maz

<snip>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mazzy, that's the second time you've posted that material. Repeatedly posting the same thing is considered spam. I've also had to edit out your attempts at free advertising for the bands in question. Trying to get around that again will result in a nice little break from the forum. Please refresh your knowledge of the forum charter and site-wide posting guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mazzy maz

Mazzy, that's the second time you've posted that material. Repeatedly posting the same thing is considered spam. I've also had to edit out your attempts at free advertising for the bands in question. Trying to get around that again will result in a nice little break from the forum. Please refresh your knowledge of the forum charter and site-wide posting guidelines.

Where can I start an ongoing thread about the metal scene in Limerick in which I post about gigs without it being considered spam? Please and thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking forward to a few in The Wicked Chicken tmr night. Oh the wasted college nights 10 years ago :o

• Advertisement

mazzy maz wrote: »
    Where can I start an ongoing thread about the metal scene in Limerick in which I post about gigs without it being considered spam? Please and thank you.

Actually, that's not a bad idea for a thread. It'll have to be open to all local venues though, and not just Bakers/the Wicked Chicken.

If you start a new thread with the two posts you put in the Things To Do In Limerick thread I'll thank the OP to show it's got mod approval. Ideally it'll kick off some decent discussion about the local music scene. If it's just link after link, or ads for bands, I might have to close it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Unreal jazz band in bourkes on Tuesday nights.

Advertisement