Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrellstownpass WTF

Options
  • 11-02-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭

Took a rare spin down the old Kilbeggan to Tyrellstownpass road over the weekend, first time i had been here since the new Motorway, Gosh i was in shock, Not a sinner in the place, businesses closed up, even the Village Hotel was shut up and looks pretty grotty, i asked a local who said it had been closed for quite a while "which was probably a good thing" to quote exactly there words. The castle did appear to be still doing well.

Just wondered has this once charming village died a death since the new Motorway.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

It's quiet because it doesn't exist, innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Moate is still a bottleneck..

go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

snyper wrote: »
    Moate is still a bottleneck..

go figure

Moates that way as alot of Athlonians have moved out there and commute from it now that its <10 mins to and from

Still hardly what youd call "bottleneck". Unless you specifically want to go to Moate, why on earth would you need to go through it these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Moates that way as alot of Athlonians have moved out there and commute from it now that its <10 mins to and from

Still hardly what youd call "bottleneck". Unless you specifically want to go to Moate, why on earth would you need to go through it these days?

Well, yea, you dont need to go through it anymore, ive a house in moate - i worked there for 10 years, so its case that id be over there once a week or so - i do find that there doesnt seem to bee the exedous of cars from there, the street is still pretty busy

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

Still more going on in Tryellspass than many Westmeath villages from what i've seen, it can look quiet for sure. Doubt the new roads had a detrimental effect, pubs do a good trade on weekends anyway and there's a chipper there too prob more stuff aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Hope the Castle is still doing well, it's a lovely place. Used to go there the whole time on the way back from trips to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have been in the Castle twice and both times the food was sub par pub grub.
    Is there a second part that serves good food? It was not bad food it was simply dull and not up to the standard of many good pubs around the country.

Now it has been a number of years, maybe it is better these days?

With Woodville House gone we are lacking anywhere decent to eat nearby without going to Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Saruman wrote: »
    I have been in the Castle twice and both times the food was sub par pub grub.
    Is there a second part that serves good food? It was not bad food it was simply dull and not up to the standard of many good pubs around the country.

Now it has been a number of years, maybe it is better these days?

With Woodville House gone we are lacking anywhere decent to eat nearby without going to Mullingar.

food hasnt changed. I was in there 2 months ago in the bar/cafe part.. 11euro for mixed grill with no toast or tea provided.
    average food for above average prices in my opinion. much better options elsewhere.

Advertisement