Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cleaning a sensor?

• 11-02-2011 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hi

i have a nikon d100 and theres a speck of feckin dirt on the sensor,how do you go about cleaning/removing the speck of dirt off the sensor?i dont want to damage it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

you buy a sensor cleaning kit thats the cheaper option.
    if your too nervous of doing that, take it to a shop, but they'll charge you a lot to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 freddyhard

i've use this to remove dust from the sensor. easily got from shops or online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Can this topic be made a sticky or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DiscoChats

Cheers for the replies lads!Think i will give it a go cleaning it myself.
    Its just one spot that appears to be affected.Would love to get it cleaned up.
    I have used the blower before,it helped but theres still one spot...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Take a test shot to see how much dust there is before and then one after.

Set to Aperture Priority and close it right down.
    Set focus to manual set to infinity.
    Find a featureless light coloured surface (wall or ceiling is good)
    Take a shot, moving the camera while doing so.
    Load the shot on to computer.
    You should have a midtone plain shot with the dust being very visible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try this thread, I used them and have to say they were very good. I bought a cleaning kit from them but wasn't under any pressure to do so. Obviously, the thread is a few months old so not sure if the offer still stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

DiscoChats wrote: »
    hi

i have a nikon d100 and theres a speck of feckin dirt on the sensor,how do you go about cleaning/removing the speck of dirt off the sensor?i dont want to damage it.

Stupid and all that it seems I have to ask you, is it on your sensor or in the viewfinder.
    If it is on the sensor then it shows on the photo. If it is in the viewfinder then it won't show on the photo but will show in the viewfinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I've used 'eclipse' cleaning fluid & swabs, is fiddly & usually needs 2-3 cleans to get it sorted, but it works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DiscoChats

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Stupid and all that it seems I have to ask you, is it on your sensor or in the viewfinder.
    If it is on the sensor then it shows on the photo. If it is in the viewfinder then it won't show on the photo but will show in the viewfinder.

No its defo the sensor,its on my photos.i could live with it in the viewfinder.

Advertisement