Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom build

Options
  • 11-02-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to build a tower and was invited to post here by VenomIreland. I need a gaming rig. I already have monitor, speakers etc.
    I need help in choosing parts for a tower to run new release gaming titles.
    I also need an OS windows 7.
    My budget is around e750

I'm not really sure where to start, any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

As it's late, I won't spec a build out for you right now, but I'll throw one together tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd suggest, when you go get around to figuring out parts, that you consider buying stuff second-hand. Most people don't like to, because of the risk of getting bad parts, generally getting shafted, etc. Right now, over a third of my rig is used, and once the parts are in, and working, who cares? They perform just the same, and the savings to be had can be quite ridiculous. (€750 monitor for €300, for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

attachment.php?attachmentid=147548&stc=1&d=1297439015

+ delivery (€30)

which leaves about €50 for case (not picked out as you should find something that you like).

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Excellent Monotype, that is a great build. You have my thanks!! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

monotype's design is solid as usual =D
    but i would try and gain the extra cash and get a 6870 or 560 gtx instead =P
    i will recommend cases when i get on my comp later

monotype's design is solid as usual =D
    but i would try and gain the extra cash and get a 6870 or 560 gtx instead =P
    i will recommend cases when i get on my comp later

I noticed in another thread someone suggested this case and cooling http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=31818&agid=669&lb to go with Monotype's build. Added on to the above list, it comes to round e820, which I can stretch to. What do you think? Should I go for a cheaper case but a better graphics card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

That case is out of stock with an eta of >7 days and if theres anything I've learned from researching hwvs that its never to order something that isn't in stock

That case is out of stock with an eta of >7 days and if theres anything I've learned from researching hwvs that its never to order something that isn't in stock

Whoops I didn't notice that, can I just change my order, haven't paid yet, or is it easier to just make a new one with a new profile?!

If not, I really don't mind waiting for the case if it's worth it, even a few weeks extra wait doesn't really bother me. Is the build ok otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Well I ordered something by accident, went and created a different order and I'm now waiting for the money to go through (damn banks business hours are ridiculous, ordered 4.30 friday and now have to wait till monday till it starts being processed). I'll let you now how it goes, as for your build I can't see anything wrong with it, but I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable person you could ask here. I'll quote from a guide i was reading just in regards to your RAM and Graphics card.

RAM:
    "Corsair, G-Skill and Kingston have a well known reputation for quality-control. Crucial, GeIl and mushkin are also good"

GPU:
    "ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI are very good. Sapphire, XFX and Zotac are good. HIS is ok. Look for the better heatsink/fan and warranty."

Advertisement