Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil Wayne Documentary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Not sure why but I found this really entertaining as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Found this very funny. His a bit of a knob the way he refuses to talk to the interviewer at one point. Also the amount of cough syrup he drinks. :eek:

There's a reason he had to get about 8 root canals. Teeth are ****ed. He's mad for the sugar apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

cheers for the link. I don;t think he's as disturbed as he comes across in this. I blame that on the sizzurp. However, he does come across as a bit up his own hole and he really believes he's the best out there. That could be the sizzurp again but I don't think it is.

evil_seed wrote: »
    cheers for the link. I don;t think he's as disturbed as he comes across in this. I blame that on the sizzurp. However, he does come across as a bit up his own hole and he really believes he's the best out there. That could be the sizzurp again but I don't think it is.

Yeah i agree with u. His manager comes across well. He seems totally deluded. Surprised the documentary was given such access. Didn't your man from ugk die from syrup? Does anybody know any other rap documentaries? Saw one with game before which was ok.

• Advertisement

Yeah Pimp C probably died from the sizzurp.

TBH I don't think he came across that badly. I was pretty impressed by the work ethic. If I'd pretty much been on tour for 10 years solid and recording a hundred tracks a year without a day off I'd probably have a falling out with my manager. And be drunk all the time.

Rappers all think they're the best. He's top level in some areas, not in others. Not every rapper can be everything to all people, as I've mentioned on this board a few times which make the "who iz da best rapper den? I lik eminem" lists on here every 2nd week get on my nerves.

TBH I don't think he came across that badly. I was pretty impressed by the work ethic. If I'd pretty much been on tour for 10 years solid and recording a hundred tracks a year without a day off I'd probably have a falling out with my manager. And be drunk all the time.

Rappers all think they're the best. He's top level in some areas, not in others. Not every rapper can be everything to all people, as I've mentioned on this board a few times which make the "who iz da best rapper den? I lik eminem" lists on here every 2nd week get on my nerves.

No doubt he has a good work ethic, he clearly enjoys what he does. Who is the greatest rapper threads are stupid. The one thing that grates with me about rap is the constant bragging by a lot of rappers that they are the best. It just doesn't seem to happen as much in other fields literature, music ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Not really. He had a condition called sleep apnea which causes breathing problems when you're asleep. I think the drank just made him not wake up when he stopped breathing, but it wasn't an OD or anything I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah i agree with u. His manager comes across well. He seems totally deluded. Surprised the documentary was given such access. Didn't your man from ugk die from syrup? Does anybody know any other rap documentaries? Saw one with game before which was ok.

Yeah, there's one about Big Pun called Big Pun: The Legacy, worth a watch even if you're not he biggest fan.

Not rap, but Style Wars (graffiti) and Scratch (djing/turntablism) are quality.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Yeah, there's one about Big Pun called Big Pun: The Legacy, worth a watch even if you're not he biggest fan.

Not rap, but Style Wars (graffiti) and Scratch (djing/turntablism) are quality.

Thanks. Will give the Big Pun one a go anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Does anybody know any other rap documentaries? Saw one with game before which was ok.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Tupac Ressurection. I saw it when it came out in the cinema a couple of years ago. It was well received by critics and has a killer soundtrack with production by Eminem. There are a lot of crap unofficial 2pac documentaries around but this is the only one made with his mother's consent. A must-see imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just for all the people mentioning Syrup, Wayne gave it up about 18 months ago, around the time this documentary was released. Strictly weed now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Great doc, very interesting chap. Love the daughter's rap

Watched Kush Groove lately it was pretty entertaining. I love the Fat Boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Good short docu on J Dilla

Louis Theroux's documentary on gangsta rap is very good also

Watched the 2pac doc. Its good not as enjoyable as the wayne one but pac seems a lot more intelligent and introspective then wayne. Watched the louis theroux doc before, enjoy all his stuff. Will stick the J Dilla one on my list.

Advertisement