Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Cubbard

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

jimmybeige wrote: »
    I expect that a potential TD wouldn't write things like "re-negotiated" and spell "our" as "or". That is primary school stuff. And [incorrect beginning to a sentence] at the very least I expect someone to proof-read [proofread] their content if it's their personal web profile. It's just lazy and unprofessional otherwise. But more importantly as I pointed out he has absolutely no solutions or policies mentioned. That is his main problem.

fyp

Like it or not, for a lot of people a person's website represents who they are and what they represent themselves. So I wouldn't have much faith in someone who doesn't ensure that 1) this website looks good and 2) it's all spelled correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭einshteen

Right, my apologies for focusing on his spelling mistakes. Should have began with his complete lack of ideas and policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

This is why he's doing well on the polls
    mikecv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

* patiently awaits Mike Cubbards contribution to the thread*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Whereas Walsh is sending "friend requests" to all the Galwegians he can find on Facebook...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

fyp

Hardly a comparison between me posting on a internet forum and the permanent content on the website of a political candidate. I am not standing in an election. If I were, I would spellcheck my content as it reflects poorly on my work ethic and attention to detail. Proof-read can have both spellings if you're going to make corrections!

Either way, it's the content and lack of ideas on the site that reflects worst on him. Probably as good as many of the others, but I probably wouldn't vote for them either.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Whereas Walsh is sending "friend requests" to all the Galwegians he can find on Facebook...

Guessing you mean Brian Walsh?

Himself and Derek Nolan added me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Aiel wrote: »
    Fair play to Mike. He's just like the rest of us, fed up and angry with the way the country has gone. The difference between him and us is that he's trying to do something about it.

Well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Lapin wrote: »
    Well put.
    If he was trying to do something about it he'd have some sort of plan other than "get elected and sure we'll take it from there".

I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't feel like having my tax euros going to support yet another have-a-go man taking a punt.

• Advertisement

To be fair, i'd prefer Mike Cubbard anyday before anyone out of Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Noel Grelish, Thomas Welby or Niall Broccoli.

PomBear wrote: »
    To be fair, i'd prefer Mike Cubbard anyday before anyone out of Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Noel Grelish, Thomas Welby or Niall Broccoli.
    Yeah, its fair to give the nod to a chancer who as far as I can see is looking more at a TD salary than at anything else. Seriously, this thread is full of sentiments like "at least he's doing something". He isn't.

Mike Cubbard, come on down, I think you're only in it for the money.

Weren't Amhran Nua supposed to run in this election? What happened to that?

Weren't Amhran Nua supposed to run in this election? What happened to that?
    I don't recall having claimed we were going to run candidates in this election. We have plenty of internet support, not enough feet on the ground. Or rather, an insufficient concentration in any one area.

Might I ask why this is relevant?

I await, once again, a reply from Mike Cubbard, explaining his policies and how he intends to see them through as an independent.

Its relevant cause there's a whiff of sour grapes off your posts.

Its relevant cause there's a whiff of sour grapes off your posts.
    No, just a whiff of exhaustion from waiting for answers from Cubbards the length and breadth of the country.

If Mike Cubbard wants the boards.ie vote, he'd do well to answer legitimate questions from boards.ie. You aren't supporting the underdog; I'd urge you to take a close look at what exactly it is that you are supporting.

I don't have a vote in this constituency so I don't have to worry about supporting anything here, but I think its pretty funny that you demand answers of MC, why not pm him and make him aware of this thread if you want answers so badly? He's a new user who's going to be fairly busy this next few weeks, probably doesn't have much time to answer questions from internet political parties.

but I think its pretty funny that you demand answers of MC
    Really, so you think it's funny that I demand answers (for the second time) from someone who claims to want to represent me? Funny sense of humour you have there.

You can't just shout questions into the wilderness and expect answers, then complain that he hasn't replied. Make him aware of your questions or put up with it.

You can't just shout questions into the wilderness and expect answers, then complain that he hasn't replied. Make him aware of your questions or put up with it.
    Democracy, meet brianthebard, brianthebard, this is democracy. MC has made a point of putting himself out there on boards, I'm quite happy to wait a couple of days for him to pick up on the thread with his name on it, and at no point did I state otherwise.

I'm not happy to jump on the bandwagon and give him the everyman vote at a time of national crisis, and then sit here in five years time shaking my head and wondering how it all went wrong.

Again.

• Advertisement

Lol the thread was started yesterday, you're happy to give him a few days to find it but just a couple of posts earlier you were whinging about him ignoring your questions; 'exhaustion from waiting for answers' was the exact statement. You know what Amhran nua, if you think democracy is principally or even partially related to random questions on the internet its no wonder you didn't manage to field any candidates.

Lol the thread was started yesterday, you're happy to give him a few days to find it but just a couple of posts earlier you were whinging about him ignoring your questions; 'exhaustion from waiting for answers' was the exact statement.
    That's right, and if we get any answers, I'll be surprised. Pleasantly, but nonetheless. This isn't the first time I've put questions forward for this candidate.

I find this whole conversation fascinating, you seem to have a problem with me asking questions of a potential political candidate.
    You know what Amhran nua, if you think democracy is principally or even partially related to random questions on the internet its no wonder you didn't manage to field any candidates.
    Yes, it's hard to build something in the face of extremely well organised and financed entrenched interests which have been in place for almost a century, since in fact the foundation of the state, despite local and national coverage in the press, radio, and other non-internet sources with a combined circulation in the hundreds of thousands. The dozens of people who have given it all they could and scores of failed groups over the last two years will watch with interest should you decide to make your own effort in that direction.

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    That's right, and if we get any answers, I'll be surprised. Pleasantly, but nonetheless. This isn't the first time I've put questions forward for this candidate.

I find this whole conversation fascinating, you seem to have a problem with me asking questions of a potential political candidate.

I just think your attitude is pretty poor, and is most likely caused by jealousy and your own inability to go for election even as an independent representing your 'party'.

I just think your attitude is pretty poor, and is most likely caused by jealousy and your own inability to go for election even as an independent representing your 'party'.
    So you're just going to wave away any concerns about Mike Cubbard's platform, his policies, or his intentions, on the strength of your unfounded suspicions about my motivation?

And people ask why the country is in the state it's in.

So you're just going to wave away any concerns about Mike Cubbard's platform, his policies, or his intentions, on the strength of your unfounded suspicions about my motivation?

And people ask why the country is in the state it's in.

Nope as I pointed out earlier I won't be voting here so I have no ability to impact the election in this constituency. You should read posts better.

Nope as I pointed out earlier I won't be voting here so I have no ability to impact the election in this constituency.
    And yet here you are doing your level best to do just that.
    You should read posts better.
    Please answer the points put to you rather than flailing about you with wild eyed and completely unfounded accusations about the person you're talking with. Why exactly do you have a problem with me asking questions of Mike Cubbard? We're at number three on google already, lets take it to number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

what I want from a policitan is a bit of guts and a bit of fight - I couldn't care less if he won spelling bee's at school. As far as excellent command of the english language - have you forgotten about big head ahearn? who about brian clowen - the biggest mumbler in history, everything said under his breath. So please, get a grip. Spellings is not an issue.

by the way I am not a mike cubbard supporter - although I have nothing against him.

It could be argued that Jackie Healy Rae has 'a lot of guts and a bit of fight' and it should be patently clear that he is far from a quality politician.

It's about time we starting insisting on politicians that are either well educated or have a proven track record in an industry or sector of civic society. Voting for people because they have 'a bit of fight' will only return a new cohort of people that, like the old bunch, are full of hot air and little else.

While I'm sure Mr.Cubbard's intentions are for the best, his manifesto is very vague, lacking in substantive content and I don't think he'd have much to contribute to the national debate.

And yet here you are doing your level best to do just that.

Please answer the points put to you rather than flailing about you with wild eyed and completely unfounded accusations about the person you're talking with. Why exactly do you have a problem with me asking questions of Mike Cubbard? We're at number three on google already, lets take it to number one.

Absolute lol, you have managed to learn how to twist words like a politician at least. I never said I had a problem with questions being asked, I just thought that you were being obnoxious about it and not giving the man enough time since he's clearly busy canvassing lately. You claimed you'd give him time but had just a few posts earlier said you were exhausted from waiting for answers.

Absolute lol, you have managed to learn how to twist words like a politician at least. I never said I had a problem with questions being asked, I just thought that you were being obnoxious about it and not giving the man enough time since he's clearly busy canvassing lately. You claimed you'd give him time but had just a few posts earlier said you were exhausted from waiting for answers.
    Since the last time I asked, yes, which was quite a bit earlier, for the second time in this thread. Now, moving on from "absolute lol", can you pin down for everybody reading this why exactly you think asking questions is obnoxious?

You've already shown you are as unwilling to respond to questions and points as Mike Cubbard, and indeed are quite happy to attack anyone exercising their democratic right to question their political representatives, which for the record makes you part of the problem.

Perhaps a devoted supporter like yourself can answer, what policies exactly does Mike Cubbard have to deal with the problems in the country, and how does he intend to see those through? Oh right, you don't even vote in this constituency, but instead are busy polluting an otherwise decent discussion with abuse and insinuations. Great.

• Advertisement

Since the last time I asked, yes, which was quite a bit earlier, for the second time in this thread. Now, moving on from "absolute lol", can you pin down for everybody reading this why exactly you think asking questions is obnoxious?

Well the part where you pretend you are willing to wait a few days then say that you are exhausted from waiting, or that it was 'quite a bit earlier' like above.

Perhaps a devoted supporter like yourself can answer, what policies exactly does Mike Cubbard have to deal with the problems in the country, and how does he intend to see those through? Oh right, you don't even vote in this constituency, but instead are busy polluting an otherwise decent discussion with abuse and insinuations. Great.

Lol the more you bitch the more it just looks like you really are jealous that Cubbard is running and you're not. the fathers rights party managed to field candidates in the last election even though on the ballot paper they were down as independents, you couldn't even managed that? sour grapes and a massive chip on your shoulder tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement