Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Cubbard

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

God people are so pathetic, what difference does it make about his grammar like? Honestly. If he was dyslexic you wouldn't be being so pedantic about grammar. If you don't want to vote for him, then don't vote for him but stop using grammar as a reason that he shouldn't get elected. It's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭sataction

I admire anybody who is brave enough to run for election.

Best of luck Mike, its not easy against the big party machines.

The country is full of moaners and critics, who never make a stand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Not too bothered by spelling and grammer. After all, there's FF TDs like that guy who was on Vincent Brown last week who can't even SPEAK English. ("kirca" instead of "circa"...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    And this is why someone trying to come across as a plain honest man of the people should immediately set off big giant alarm bells in everyone's head.

Whats happening with your PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Ray Burkes Pension

MiniSquish wrote: »
    God people are so pathetic, what difference does it make about his grammar like? Honestly. If he was dyslexic you wouldn't be being so pedantic about grammar. If you don't want to vote for him, then don't vote for him but stop using grammar as a reason that he shouldn't get elected. It's ridiculous.

He's wants to govern the country. He cant even be arsed using a spell checker in his campaigning. What's he gonna do when he gets into government.

• Advertisement

He's wants to govern the country. He cant even be arsed using a spell checker in his campaigning. What's he gonna do when he gets into government.
    Higher level leaving cert English?
    Why should I care how he spells things if he's a TD? Is he likely to spell "private bank debt" as "public debt to crucify the country" like FF, FG, Lab etc all voted for? Far more important for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

He must be doing something right if all people can criticize is his spelling and or grammar.

Concentrate on the policies folks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mike Cubbard

Folks,

I'm not getting into a slagging match about grammer or answer daft statements about entering politics for the money. Far more important issues to be dealing with.

I'll reply to any question, My View, that dignifies an answer. With a week to go, the likes of you will not slow down or damage my campaign and id question your motive from day one.

If anybody has a serious question or would like my opinion on any matter I have no problem giving it, just give me a call on the mobile as I won't get much opportunity to come on here between now and Friday week !

Cheers,
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

The website would be the least of my worries with Mike. He offers up the same old issues every dog on the street knows need changing, yet doesn't say how he'll change things.

Mike if elected how do you you propose

A Stopping cuts
    B Creating jobs
    C Improving the HSE

To me his whole campaign is based about being young and something new!

Hard luck Mike. You've a few more shots at it anyway.
    When FG cock things up just as bad as FF you might be in with a shout.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Steyr wrote: »
    Whats happening with your PP?
    Biding our time for now. FG has recently come out with a lot of the same ideas we've arrived at over the last few years, so I'd hope that they can be persuaded to take most of the rest on board. I am well acquainted with a few people working steadily in FG, so we'll see. I don't care who enacts the ideas, as long as they are enacted, I've no particular desire to be a politician.

The biggest worry is that Labour hamstring them in a coalition government when reforms are badly needed, not to start a scrap on the issue with anyone, there are other forums for that.

My genuine sympathies to Mike Cubbard. If things don't improve nationally, I'll probably be in a similar position before too long. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

how can you say on onehand that the bailout is lunacy and impossible to service and the one the other hand say you have similar views to FG?

I would have perfered to vote for a centre-right party like yourselves above SF if i had the choice but there was no way i could possible vote for FG or labour when they are stupid enough to persist with the bailout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Seaneh wrote: »
    how can you say on onehand that the bailout is lunacy and impossible to service and the one the other hand say you have similar views to FG?
    I didn't say we had the exact same ideas, far from it, but there is a fair bit of common ground in certain areas. Enough to give a glimmer of hope anyway.
    Seaneh wrote: »
    I would have perfered to vote for a centre-right party like yourselves above SF if i had the choice but there was no way i could possible vote for FG or labour when they are stupid enough to persist with the bailout!
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Starting out with very few resources or connections is a lot harder than you might think unfortunately, in the face of deeply entrenched concerns and the almighty parish pump, which is thankfully on temporary vacation for this election. It took the Greens twenty years to muster up a significant presence, the same with the Lib Dems in the UK. No matter how good your ideas are, it takes time.

Anyway as I said this is all OT, so I'll leave it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement