Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brolly's Mania 28 Travel!

• 11-02-2011 9:16am
    Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭

Right, before I begin...I knows its very fecking early to be doing this, but I want to get the best deal possible on a bus (before they put Mania weekend price tags on the charters!).

So, like Mania 26 in Phoenix, I am organising a bus to Mania...We can sort out various pick-up points in Miami if necesary.

Going by the prices already got, its looking like €17 - €20 per person return (but I'd be confident that I'll get that price down). The largest bus that I have been quoted for is a 41 seater, so more room than Phoenix!:)

Anyway, if interested, post below and when it comes to booking etc in a few months time, I'll go on a first come, first serve basis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Of course you can count me in, probably Haz too.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Hey Brolly, please count my wife, my son and me in! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

Count me in again please

This bus will be filled before I even get on the plane to Atlanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i am strongly considering this! first mania and all so we will see! just wanted to declare my starting interest!

you gonna be organisng a suite again?! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Me and a friend would be interested in this too! Would be good to have transport sorted.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Brolly wrote: »
    Right, before I begin...I knows its very fecking early to be doing this, but I want to get the best deal possible on a bus (before they put Mania weekend price tags on the charters!).

So, like Mania 26 in Phoenix, I am organising a bus to Mania...We can sort out various pick-up points in Miami if necesary.

Going by the prices already got, its looking like €17 - €20 per person return (but I'd be confident that I'll get that price down). The largest bus that I have been quoted for is a 41 seater, so more room than Phoenix!:)

Anyway, if interested, post below and when it comes to booking etc in a few months time, I'll go on a first come, first serve basis.

Depending on numbers, I have got the price down to about €12-€14 each return.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Where is this bus to from etc

jmolloy wrote: »
    Where is this bus to from etc

It will pick-up in Miami (I'll organise pick-up points closer to the time) going to the Stadium for Mania and back afterwards. It just saves everyone looking for cabs. Its always a mad rush to try and get a cab back after Mania...we ended up walking for a few miles in Houston before eventually getting a cab!

I organised a bus in Phoenix and went well...I think everyone was happy anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

sounds good count me in if you still got room, I'll confirm closer to package purchasing but pretty sure now I'm going next year as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Mr. Slam

I'd love to do this. Would make life so much easier.

Put me down :)

Brolly wrote: »
    It will pick-up in Miami (I'll organise pick-up points closer to the time) going to the Stadium for Mania and back afterwards. It just saves everyone looking for cabs. Its always a mad rush to try and get a cab back after Mania...we ended up walking for a few miles in Houston before eventually getting a cab!

I organised a bus in Phoenix and went well...I think everyone was happy anyway!
    That Houston post Mania taxi struggle was great. :)

That Houston post Mania taxi struggle was great. :)

It was funny seeing you and your chair on the floor of the cab!:P:pac:

I hope you remember the fact that I carried that fecking chair for 2 miles!!!

At WM25 my family and me walked like 25 or 30 minutes to get a taxi, and me had to carry 3 chairs!! Glad we got one right on the exit of the highway, it was crazy getting a taxi, I saw lines as long that I'm sure they were waiting for nearly 2 hours...

At WM26 with my VIP parking pass provided by Brolly ;), my car was the FIRST one right on the entrance/exit so I didn't wait a single second :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Am seriously considering going to Miami for WM. Put me and my mate down, Back on the Brolly bus again!!!!!!!! Oh the memories :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

STOP STOPPING!!! :D

Nearly 20 names already. You may need a coach come next April. :)

Nearly 20 names already. You may need a coach come next April. :)

Yep, got a quote for a 57 seater!:)

Why am I not surprised. Awesome Brolly, cheers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭mmg200000

Put me down for a seat please, and what I have to pay in US dollars?

• Advertisement

mmg200000 wrote: »
    Put me down for a seat please, and what I have to pay in US dollars?

Once I have final numbers before July/August, I will book and pay for a bus. I'll split the cost and put up a paypal payment page. I don't think it will cost anymore than about €14 return ($19).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Me and a mate are seriously considering making the trip. The bus sounds like a great idea. If we do book the trip we'll take a seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BushwhackerDel

Put me down for this. Would be a great help, took ages to get a taxi in Phoenix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Just reiterating my interest for 2 definitely possibly 3 danke

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

seriously considering going to this, have never been before. Could someone give me a heads up on the overall price? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Depends what you go to and what tickets you buy,this year we did 6 nights hotel,flights ,Wrestlemania,HOF,RAW,ROH and a basketball game for €1200 ish each but it could easily go €1500 or more depending on the tickets you buy and the events you add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wants to go too. For real this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swift8933

Just found this forum and this thread. Am planning to make my first Mania trip next year and this is a great idea. I would definitely like a place.

Keep the bookings coming...I can get a 57 seater if necessary!!!

• Advertisement

Brolly Bus: New & Improved

Worlds+Longest+Bus.jpg

Close, but its a little on the small side!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Mark me and a mate down for 2 definite... already showed interest earlier in the thread, but we're definitely heading to Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭WweAndTnaRules

I will give you an answer in a few weeks, i have to find out how many of us are going first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I will give you an answer in a few weeks, i have to find out how many of us are going first :D

im in the exact same boat here - i just need confirmation off mates! the Wheels are in motion though!

I will probably want a seat on the bus at least anyway. When do you need to know for sure?

• Advertisement

I'll probably be booking it this Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Motion118

Put me down as a maybe...as well as 3 of my friends :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Put me down for 4 places mate.

super-rush wrote: »
    Put me down for 4 places mate.

Let the fun begin!:D

I think you're gonna need an A380

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 dtbDublin

Hey, gonna go for a Platinum package so you can put me down for 2 thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

can somebody explain to me whats that Brolls thing?

RKJ_force wrote: »
    can somebody explain to me whats that Brolls thing?
    It's a travel package one step ahead wwe travel packages! :D He organices everything to get a VIP suite, drinks, food, and VIP bus earning 0 cents from anyone who wants to join his group. In fact I'm sure he spend a lot of his time, and money from his pocket (phoning to the US) just to make everyone a perfect WM vacation. RKJ he got me a VIP parking pass for WM 26 that was just in the front of the main gate, like 20 seconds walking, do you knowhow difficult is that at an event like WM with more of 70.000 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

that sounds pretty interesting!!!! So he has and hotel in the price i read??? also how much does the package cost? also package does not include flights right??? last 1 man you as I know everytime you go ringside for mania and brollys package has tickets for suites so I guess then you didnt got the package but how he managed to get for you the VIP parking?

RKJ, he doesn't do a package like talking in a business mode, he just do it for friends and people on this board. I think he looked for a hotel but each one got their own reservation, same with flights of course. About VIP parking he got one or 2 passes with the VIP SUITE, so I bought one from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

Put me down and my brother, this sounds like a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

I would also be interested in this for 2 people just let us know when you're booking it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Can you possibly ship over a dublin bus for the craic? :pac:

Don't put my name down yet, but I am very interested in going.

Xinkai wrote: »

Don't put my name down yet, but I am very interested in going.

No to the Dublin bus, ok to not putting your name down yet!

Xinkai wrote: »

Yep, if you want to be super uncomfortable and get the guts shaken out of you driving over any bump in the road :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement