Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Camera - Trim/Dublin road

Options
  • 11-02-2011 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Anyone caught thins morning with the camera after the Texaco station outside Trim on the way to Dublin (07:05 or so)...and they say these are "safety cameras" more like "cash cows"...(I wasn;t caught today, got fine this week fro 2 weeks ago - 06:25AM on the Slane / Collon road - ffs - 80KPH on big straight (empty) road...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

it was on fairyhouse -ratoath road about 12

ka-ching ka-ching

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I have mixed feelings about them. Even at that time in the morning when I'm heading to work, you can have cars absolutely flying by you there just past Texaco when you're still picking up speed. If they can eliminate some of those guys, I'd be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭highdef

pazza wrote: »
    Anyone caught thins morning with the camera after the Texaco station outside Trim on the way to Dublin (07:05 or so)...and they say these are "safety cameras" more like "cash cows"...(I wasn;t caught today, got fine this week fro 2 weeks ago - 06:25AM on the Slane / Collon road - ffs - 80KPH on big straight (empty) road...
    When you say after the Texaco, do you mean where the speed limit is at 80 or before it where it is still 50? If still in the 50 zone, then great stuff. There's too much speeding going on there all the time.

Advertisement