Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Skyplus

• 11-02-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

Is it possible view recorded shows on your Skyplus box in different locations. eg in rooms with TV's not hooked up to satellite, while camping etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes, but not easily or simply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Is this because if you unconnect your skyplus box from the dish it wont be able to validate your subscription and therefore encrypts all the recordings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

watty wrote: »
    yes, but not easily or simply.

watty im surprised at your reply! :confused:

http://uk.slingbox.com/go/slingbox

you just hook the box up to your router via ethernet, plug in your video source (in my case a sky+ box, skyHD box). the slingplayer app can be downloaded for your laptop, pc, mac, iphone, etc, i use it on my nokia E51 and my netbook when im out and about, i can control the boxes the very same as if i was sitting in front of them, even viewing stuff from my planner. the desktop app uses a virtual remote (sky+ box will have a virtual sky+ remote, skyHD box will have a virtual skyHD remote, mobile app is more menu based).

i picked up a slingbox pro in currys a while back, very very useful when hotel tv is usually very limited and i can get a better picture on my laptop, and watch my own choice of tv just like im at home in front of the box itself! :)

That's expensive :)
    still needs some Router / Network experience.

It's one of the ways I was thinking of.

Plenty of threads on this here and other Forums on Boards.

dougal wrote: »
    Is this because if you unconnect your skyplus box from the dish it wont be able to validate your subscription and therefore encrypts all the recordings?

This is true too. After a while the card won't work.

The recordings are encrypted on air for pay TV already, all recordings, inc FTA channels get EXTRA encryption at Record time.

At playpack time it's as if a live signal, so only decodes the already there encryption according to card. You need Sky+ basic sub for the extra recording Encryption to be removed too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

xsiborg wrote: »
    watty im surprised at your reply! :confused:

http://uk.slingbox.com/go/slingbox

you just hook the box up to your router via ethernet, plug in your video source (in my case a sky+ box, skyHD box). the slingplayer app can be downloaded for your laptop, pc, mac, iphone, etc, i use it on my nokia E51 and my netbook when im out and about, i can control the boxes the very same as if i was sitting in front of them, even viewing stuff from my planner. the desktop app uses a virtual remote (sky+ box will have a virtual sky+ remote, skyHD box will have a virtual skyHD remote, mobile app is more menu based).

i picked up a slingbox pro in currys a while back, very very useful when hotel tv is usually very limited and i can get a better picture on my laptop, and watch my own choice of tv just like im at home in front of the box itself! :)

I think Watty's statement stands ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

greendom wrote: »
    I think Watty's statement stands ! ;)

it does, i guess once watty explained it i understood that while it may be easy for me to do, its not for everybody and there are a lot more factors involved... :o

its probably a good thing then i didnt get into explaining how i have my skyHD box hooked up to my media center laptop that sits at home recording my shows in media center and then having the ability to view them over the internet using the library sharing functionality in windows media player... :p

Advertisement