Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroin hell!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I was going to ask when G-man was brought into this thread, then I realized it was page 1 :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that's totally irrelevant and you're just looking to be trolled. "A total lack of God" has nothing, NOTHING, to do with heroin problems in Kilkenny, Dublin, or Ireland as a whole.

End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Hang on now a minute....

I am not very religious myself, yet, I respect other people's views of religion.

I do not respect people coming on and saying stuff like you can't bring God into this, ''End of.''

Ignorance at it's best if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

ft9 wrote: »
    Hang on now a minute....

I am not very religious myself, yet, I respect other people's views of religion.

I do not respect people coming on and saying stuff like you can't bring God into this, ''End of.''

You can of course bring god into the discussion if you so wish.

I could also bring up the ongoing problem with an airlock in my central heating system.

I fail to see the relevance of either in the context of the topic under discussion.

ft9 wrote: »
    Hang on now a minute....

I didn't say he/she couldn't mention God, I said it's totally irrelevant and is just going to de-rail a thread (As it now has)

I don't see how "a total lack of God" has anything to do with drug dealers/addicts. However, if you think I was disrespectful, then please clarify the relevance of God in this discussion

An airlock in your heating system? A total lack of God, that's what it is

*puts on tinfoil hat*

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Tempted to post the "someone is wrong on the Internet pic"...

When someone posts something you don't agree with (like for example, "It's all down to a lack of God..."), after reading their post say "meh"... out loud if you want.
    I find it an adequate response for a lot of occasions. If you feel stronger about it then go ahead and compose an argumentative response. But remember that by continuing the argument (assuming you don't destroy the poster with your carefully crafted post), you are inviting them to retort with more and more (of the same)...

Anyway, where were we?

Back on topic please... or at least get off the current direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Would you just delete all these stupid god posts, that will be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

If God wants them deleted he'll delete them himself by proxy, using Licky as his medium. Asking Licksy himself to do it is a complete waste of time, he has no choice in the matter.

God told me to tell you this. He also told me to tell you to watch your back Plug, and that JPP at 1/2 on is a rob, put your communion money on it.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    If God wants them deleted he'll delete them himself by proxy, using Licky as his medium. Asking Licksy himself to do it is a complete waste of time, he has no choice in the matter.

God told me to tell you this. He also told me to tell you to watch your back Plug, and that JPP at 1/2 on is a rob, put your communion money on it.
    The fcuk?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I offer some divine intervention regarding action to combat discussed social ills. I was frequently in New York back in 1990 when there was a very high crime rate, deaths by stray bullets was a daily event in the boroughs.
    Anyway wherever I saw Guardian Angels I did feel safer. "Guardian Angels" formed in 1979 and now has chapters in 144 countries in the world.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Angels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 swifty73

Court costs & extra policing

The suggestion I made would significantly reduce the incidence of crime committed to fund a habit, thus freeing up resources within the criminal justice system, including a reduction in the €70,000+ per annum cost of housing a prisoner in an Irish jail.

Medical care

It would reduce the burden on hospitals and ambulance services dealing with acute and chronic admissions as a result of impure street grade heroin, infectious disease and other complications common in those who consume heroin intravenously.

Social Welfare

It would increase the possibility of those with a dependence on heroin eventually being able to hold down some form of employment, as the pschological and counselling aspect of treatment would involve the user, their support network and families seeking a way of normalising their lives, to allow them to regain control of what the drug has taken from them.

There is no 'magic bullet' solution to an immensely complex problem, I'm not advocating some drug free for all but the current policy is a failure which has benefited no one but organised criminal gangs who cannot ignore the immense profit the importation of heroin provides them with.

They do not give a damn about those they sell to and they do not give a damn about the society that pays for the costs of their tax free business.
    The dutch have a good forward looking veiw on it,give a h. addict what he needs.clean gear a clean place to take it,and if he is done for robbery or anything eles he loses his supply and but in jail and forced into rehab.Now thats controlling it,and the biggest deterint for anybody who has not taken it ,is to see the idiots in the state they what to be in.You can,t run this island by protecting these fools.to prove a point deels on wheels was in a@e with a alcohol overdose.Why make laws for morons when they rob me and go to court and get free legal which i pay for,and get off.what a joke.where is personal responsible.its not guns or drugs that kill, its the person that is using them.

• Advertisement

Yeah, series crap going on there. We have nothing wrong here compared to that. See your one all AIDS and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Plug wrote: »
    Yeah, series crap

An apt review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

Fluffybums wrote: »
    Then of course there is codeine, also an opiate,
    10% of which turns to heroin in the body

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Anyone see the new Ross Kemp series about heroin in the US? Pritty messed up.

What is the name of that show and when is it on. I like Ross Kemp; he has a decent name for himself. The Americans leave a lot to be desired in looking after their poor - would be interesting to see how it is portrayed.

You can of course bring god into the discussion if you so wish.

I could also bring up the ongoing problem with an airlock in my central heating system.

I fail to see the relevance of either in the context of the topic under discussion.
    when did anyone turn to your heating system to beat drugs. i am not a god person but people have turned to god and been able to get off drugs for whatever eason

Maxiebaby wrote: »
    The drug dealers are getting soooo cheeky they deal the drugs out in the open and don't bother hiding it when ppl are walking past:mad:! my friend was talking to one of the known dealers in KK last year and while she was talking he was sorting out stuff in his pockets etc and proceeded to 'pop a few packs up his ass' while she was still talking:eek::eek:! they have become so immune to it all it's 'normal' now! :(

As for help for those trying to get off.... I trapesed up and down the country trying to help a guy I know since he was a lovely kid running around the place.... unless he was clean for 6 weeks before being accepted into a treatment centre he wouldn't be accepted and the waiting lists were 5-8 months long to get the call that he needed to be clean 6 weeks before hand for! in fairness if they can get themselves clean for 6 weeks they don't realy need the treatment centre.... the only place that would take them straight away without having to be clean is victory outreach in Navan, I know they are in Dublin and looking for a house in KK and Limerick now too, but they are not funded by the government.... the system is useless when it comes to these guys looking for help! .... why can't they get prison inmates to get up and build more prisons, treatment centres, playgrounds etc?.... we need 'tent city' put up in the middle of the curragh! :D might make them think twice about having to do time!
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t491695.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Maxiebaby wrote: »
    The drug dealers are getting soooo cheeky they deal the drugs out in the open and don't bother hiding it when ppl are walking past:mad:! my friend was talking to one of the known dealers in KK last year and while she was talking he was sorting out stuff in his pockets etc and proceeded to 'pop a few packs up his ass' while she was still talking:eek::eek:! they have become so immune to it all it's 'normal' now! :(

As for help for those trying to get off.... I trapesed up and down the country trying to help a guy I know since he was a lovely kid running around the place.... unless he was clean for 6 weeks before being accepted into a treatment centre he wouldn't be accepted and the waiting lists were 5-8 months long to get the call that he needed to be clean 6 weeks before hand for! in fairness if they can get themselves clean for 6 weeks they don't realy need the treatment centre.... the only place that would take them straight away without having to be clean is victory outreach in Navan, I know they are in Dublin and looking for a house in KK and Limerick now too, but they are not funded by the government.... the system is useless when it comes to these guys looking for help! .... why can't they get prison inmates to get up and build more prisons, treatment centres, playgrounds etc?.... we need 'tent city' put up in the middle of the curragh! :D might make them think twice about having to do time!
    Well unlike the us, our prison officers don't have guns of any sort, they only have battons which rarely get issued. Plus our prisons by in large are near towns compared to americans which can place prisons further away from the population
    MinnyMinor wrote: »
    when did anyone turn to your heating system to beat drugs. i am not a god person but people have turned to god and been able to get off drugs for whatever eason
    Your getting confused here. She said she's blaming the lack of god for people doing drugs. I'm athiest therefore by that reasoning I should be shooting up all the time. People could believe in Oidin and Valhalla for all I care if they think it helps them get off drugs. Nobody blames god for the bad things, A hurricane comes, loads die, people thank god they were saved. A team wins the world cup they thank god, yet I doubt the losing team thinks there was divine intervention

Well unlike the us, our prison officers don't have guns of any sort, they only have battons which rarely get issued. Plus our prisons by in large are near towns compared to americans which can place prisons further away from the population

Your getting confused here. She said she's blaming the lack of god for people doing drugs. I'm athiest therefore by that reasoning I should be shooting up all the time. People could believe in Oidin and Valhalla for all I care if they think it helps them get off drugs. Nobody blames god for the bad things, A hurricane comes, loads die, people thank god they were saved. A team wins the world cup they thank god, yet I doubt the losing team thinks there was divine intervention
    point was there is no comparison between a heating system and god as some turn to god. bad analogy

point was there is no comparison between a heating system and god as some turn to god. bad analogy
    Good point, Heating systems exist.

Minny, you might want to re-read this thread. You don't seem to understand the points that were made. Nobody said that people turn to heating to beat drugs.

One poster blamed "a total lack of God" for the drug problem. Numerous posters felt that this was silly, off-topic. Badgermonkey felt that mentioning his airlock was just as relevant to the topic.

thats_the_joke.jpg

• Advertisement

Good point, Heating systems exist.
    You'll know ALL about heat when you're condemmed to the fiery pit for your heresy.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    You'll know ALL about heat when you're condemmed to the fiery pit for your heresy.
    I'd be worried if I didn't.....how else would cremation work without fire:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

The reports of a certain death was an exaggeration...
    Alive and, er, kicking...
    /gets coat.

Indeed Licksy, one could say that the only thing that is truly certain is Raze's impending eternal internment within the fiery confines of Danté's sixth circle.

Here Nick Davies flat earth news about heroin. I am not pro heroin but think it makes interesting reading

Licksy wrote: »
    The reports of a certain death was an exaggeration...
    Alive and, er, kicking...
    /gets coat.
    Yeah Im absolutely gutted now!:D

Plug wrote: »
    Yeah Im absolutely gutted now!:D
    who is deals on wheels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Someone once drew a cartoon of him and posted it here. If only I could remember who it was

who is deals on wheels?
    yah:(

• Advertisement

Another young life lost on Friday morning :(

Advertisement