Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroin hell!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

In the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

No, out in the shticks.

I should have clarified, I don't think it was a heroin death, but it was definitely drugs-related. 19 years old, with a baby on the way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

where bouts? comer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

where bouts? comer?

Just a bit outside Callan..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Another one bites the dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Henne220 wrote: »
    Just a bit outside Callan..

Heard about this tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

It was an overdose of valium apparently ...

stupidity also had a part in this

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Interesting article in Irish Times today that highlights Kilkenny and the work of Joe Malone in trying to tackle the heroin issue.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2011/0514/1224296915819.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Interesting article in Irish Times today that highlights Kilkenny and the work of Joe Malone in trying to tackle the heroin issue.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2011/0514/1224296915819.html

interesting indeed.

There are other drugs workers than the part time one, but he's outreach the others are HSE Counsellors , Drugs Education, and drugs initative workers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

I'm from Kilkenny. I grew up in the city and lived there full-time until I was 19. I still spend almost every weekend in Kilkenny and have a large number of friends there. I'm amazed that I don't know even one person who has ever even tried heroin. I'm not suggesting that there isn't a heroin problem in Kilkenny. I'm sure there is. I'm just wondering how in such a small town like Kilkenny, a local person can spend 25 years going out and spending time there, know a load of people and still never have seen ANY evidence of a heroin problem.

• Advertisement

TheoBoone wrote: »
    I'm from Kilkenny. I grew up in the city and lived there full-time until I was 19. I still spend almost every weekend in Kilkenny and have a large number of friends there. I'm amazed that I don't know even one person who has ever even tried heroin. I'm not suggesting that there isn't a heroin problem in Kilkenny. I'm sure there is. I'm just wondering how in such a small town like Kilkenny, a local person can spend 25 years going out and spending time there, know a load of people and still never have seen ANY evidence of a heroin problem.

You sure you don't know anyone?

Off the top of my head I can think of 8 people that were in my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

You sure you don't know anyone?

Off the top of my head I can think of 8 people that were in my class.

Not one!!!

Then again, the more I think about it, my original post was kinda stupid. Heroin is illegal, and an addiction to it is something which people tend not to advertise. It's just sad to think that such an awful drug could lurk beneath the surface of such a nice sleepy little town like KK.

TheoBoone wrote: »
    Not one!!!

Then again, the more I think about it, my original post was kinda stupid. Heroin is illegal, and an addiction to it is something which people tend not to advertise. It's just sad to think that such an awful drug could lurk beneath the surface of such a nice sleepy little town like KK.

It's in every single town and village no matter how small or sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

yeh i lived in dublin around rialto thomas st and drug addicts were prevalent. i live out the country 20 mins from the city and basically had rose tinted glasses on me until last summer. i was working near johns green and i used walk up a certain street and lots of drug addicts early morning, it was so sad and apparently in the village i live in lots of drugs here as well......a lot of it is hidden i would think as well considering drugs are illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

The only people who benefit from this are the other dealers who now see some territory into which to expand. If Tesco went bankrupt, the number of Superquinns would double, and this is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

goose2005 wrote: »
    The only people who benefit from this are the other dealers who now see some territory into which to expand. If Tesco went bankrupt, the number of Superquinns would double, and this is no different.
    Not in Kilkenny since we dont have Tesco:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Plug wrote: »
    Not in Kilkenny since we dont have Tesco:p

That's why there's double the Dunnes :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement