Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for 'traditional irish' or 'galway' gift

Options
  • 11-02-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm trying to think of an idea for a traditional Irish gift or something quintessentially Galway to present to an international group visiting us this year.

Budget is tight at €100.

The conscensus is to get a hunk of Galway Crystal with an inscription on it marking the event, but I think that's a bit boring.

I'd love to get something like a hooker sail on a plaque, or a slate etching, but I'm out of ideas as to where to get such things.

I'd love to support a traditional craftsmaker with something like this.

Anyone got any help / suggestions?
    Before the smarts start; no to turf, no to bad debt, no to a leprechaun or shilelligh or a crock of gold.

Comments

I literally just googled "galway craft" and a load of stuff came up. I know it seems a bit obvious and you've probably done it already, but just in case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Luveen

Claddagh Ring

Advertisement